Talk

Advanced search

washing machine help needed

(5 Posts)
eleanorsmum Thu 30-Aug-07 20:23:02

my daft machine has suddenly decided to fill the softener compartment up after every wash with water. thought it was because i switched to concentrated softener and it was too thick but have switched back and it was fine for a few weeks but is filling it up again every time now. so i have to pull drawer right out and empty it before i use the damn thing! most annoying.

anyone experienced this and what should i do!

j20baby Thu 30-Aug-07 20:33:34

mine does this, you need to give the drawer thing a clean, its prob cos you've got powder in the softner bit, and its clogged the other bit up, you know the bit that comes out, with a tube from the softner bit into the other bit :O

j20baby Thu 30-Aug-07 20:34:32

do you get which bit i meant?

eleanorsmum Thu 30-Aug-07 20:45:37

yes i get which bit will try cleaning it again and see what happens...................

Othersideofthechannel Thu 30-Aug-07 20:50:45

This might sound silly but are you pulling the drawer right out to clean it. I didn't realise ours came right out and although I cleaned it from time to time the narrowest part got clogged.
Felt a right plonker when the repair man pressed a little lever and pulled it out and showed me all the gunk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now