Talk

Advanced search

Stacking kits for washing machines/tumble dryers- anyone use one?

(4 Posts)
rubles Sun 26-Aug-07 16:35:37

I am buying a new washing machine and tumble dryer for our new house. they are meant to go one on top of the other due to the size of the space available. However, I don't know what stacking kit to get to go with them and if I should make sure I get a special make/model to fit the stacking kit? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, which appliance goes on top? blush

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 26-Aug-07 16:39:06

washing machine on bottom.

just gave mine to my ousin who bought my spare washer and dryer. basically its like a big square thats sprung loaded, helped hold your dryer in place, so when your washing machine goes on spin it doesnt chuck it off the top.

MrsBadger Sun 26-Aug-07 16:39:18

MIL has one
buy the stacking kit recommended by the manufacturer (check their own website rathr than the Comet etc one)
dryer always goes on top as is much lighter and jiggles less.

WendyWeber Sun 26-Aug-07 16:51:48

I used to have one; my laundry room is the upstairs bathroom, floor very slopy and wobbly, washer/dryer tower used to shimmy and shake terribly!

What I have now is a wooden shelf above the washer, and the dryer sits on that - works much better, also means you don't have to have matching brands in future, also cheaper probably - could you do that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now