Talk

Advanced search

Ecloths. Is there a magic trick?

(7 Posts)
tribpot Sat 25-Aug-07 18:58:21

Much against my better judgement we possess a brushed steel fridge/freezer and a 2 year old. At the same time. I have been trying to keep the fridge shiney but standards have obviously slipped and there are some telltale hand prints that have been there for a while (ahem, since the last time the cleaner came round I think). Inspired in B&Q this avo, I bought a proper ecloth, expecting a slight swipe to result in a fabulously shiny fridge. Nothing happened.

What should I do, try and restore it to shininess using Cromol or similar (as recommended by the fridge manufacturer) and then ecloth the damn thing every hour god sends? Or just Try A Bit Harder with the ecloth?

chopster Sat 25-Aug-07 19:02:25

you have to use it only very slightly damp and really rub at a surface, it does take a bit of elbow grease. smile BUT it does make things look like new.

tribpot Sat 25-Aug-07 19:07:35

Ah right, that was my mistake. Believing it was dead easy. Okay, elbow grease it shall be. And making ds wear silk gloves in the house from now on wink. Thanks for the help!

tribpot Sun 26-Aug-07 15:24:21

Update - I honestly did apply elbow grease but nothing shifted! So I gave in and used Chromol (brilliant stuff) and now the fridge is shiny. Hopefully I can keep it under control with the ecloth from here on in.

WendyWeber Sun 26-Aug-07 16:15:18

Did you use a general purpose ecloth (with loops) or a window one (very smooooooooth)?

The window ones give the best finish, esp if you wash first and then polish with a dry one.

(I am an ecloth evangelist grin)

tribpot Sun 26-Aug-07 17:46:14

It was a window one. I would like to be an ecloth evangelist, but currently I remain a sceptic wink

WendyWeber Sun 26-Aug-07 17:51:40

Aha - that's where you went wrong then grin
Try it with a loopy one!

Loopy ones are unbelievably fantastic at cleaning eg emulsion painted walls, or encrusted sinks, for the goddessless amongst us - gentle rubbing, no chemicals - brilliant. Give one a go (but do buy cheap at Lidl, not expensive at Lakeland)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now