Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

<<<<<<<<<<<<Wednesday Fly>>>>&gt;>>>>&gt;>>>

(41 Posts)
AufishFeQueen Wed 22-Aug-07 01:28:43

No, not ironing, I'm up as I've had some freak come into my back garden tonight and am now feeling abit nervous about going to bed. The ironing can wait for tonight. Will have to give in soon and go to bed with a can of hairspray by the bed and a phone under my pillow.

grouchyoscar Wed 22-Aug-07 03:40:31

Awh, Aufish, you beat me to it ]sad]

Hope the freak has gone. That is really disconcerting. We're kind of immune to it here as the freaks are usually living/visiting next door (I kid you not)

Anyway, here is the mission

Jas Wed 22-Aug-07 06:45:43

Morning all

I hope you got some sleep last night Aufish

Did I see good neurologist nes Grouchy? i hope I haven't imagined it/got totally mixed up again. hy ere you up at 3.40????

DD has her stitches out today, and I need to shop for the eekend this morning. I have loose plans to do something this afternoon, but I'll try and fit some FLYing in today.

Yesterday ent ell...even ith 2 lots of visitors and lots of children, the house still looked ok at the end of the day

I am going to do the missions, as I haven't done any for ages, and try to do extra upstairs I think.

SimplySparkling Wed 22-Aug-07 06:54:16

Aufish Sorry to hear about your night time disturbance. I hope you were able to catch up on sleep afterwards.

go And what exactly were you doing, up at that hour? <<looks over half glasses in the manner of my Latin/history teacher from school. (Twas a scary sight.)>>

Hi to Jas and all.

Right. I'm off now for a week. I posted the key to successful FLYing in the SS household at the end of yesterday's thread if anyone wants to read it. Bye all!

FunkyGlassSlipper Wed 22-Aug-07 07:11:05

Hi everyone.

Hope you're ok aufish. At least you saw them when you did. Did you call the police to report it? They may have done the same thing to other people.

We have friends coming over today. I' doing well already though as I have sorted out yesterday's washing and I have a cuppa ready.

I did yesteday's mission last night and also did today's so my bedroom is looking much better. Needs hoovering, dusting and DHs side of the room sorting but it's not too bad.

Nice to see the rest of you SS, GO, Jas here so early

shouldbe Wed 22-Aug-07 08:04:27

Morning all

Aufish hope you're OK, what a fright for you! I hope you were able to relax and get some sleep.
Jas what are your dds stitches for? (sorry, I've clearly missed something)
SS lol at your FLY tip enjoy your time away
FGS forgot to say thansk for advice re our cat, he seems to have made a total recovery...I'm keeping an eye on him though.

We have nothing planned today so it's either a quiet FLY day or I bite the bullet, face another fear and take the kids on the train into town to visit some museums etc...not sure I'm brave enough but they'd love it...

ludaloo Wed 22-Aug-07 08:18:09

Morning ladies

Wow there are some early/late birds here today!

Aufish hope the freak went! Are you ok this morning?

GO You weren't up boogying all night were you?

Hi Jas hope you have a good day, and all goes well with dd

shouldbe you sound like you had a lovely day yesterday. My kids would LOVE a train trip too. Good luck if you decide to do it

Ok....
Today's list:
~Dishwasher
~Washing (2 loads)
~Mow lawn
~Clean fish tank out
~Pay some bills
~Get the glass fixed in the fire door
~Hoover upstairs and down

That'll do for now I think.

grouchyoscar Wed 22-Aug-07 08:18:51

SS Insomnia Miss (Haven't woke at 1:45 for a week)

ludaloo Wed 22-Aug-07 08:20:32

SS Brilliant tip BTW I'll have to try that one!
Have a lovely time away

Jas Wed 22-Aug-07 08:45:17

Have a lovely holiday SimplySparkling*

*shouldbe
- she fell and cut her head (right through her eyebro) last eek. Good luck ith the train trip if you decide to do it.

I still haven't done anything but ludaloo and your list have inspired me . I on't be back til I've done the missions and at least one 15 min burst of activity upstairs.

Jas Wed 22-Aug-07 08:45:17

Have a lovely holiday SimplySparkling*

*shouldbe
- she fell and cut her head (right through her eyebro) last eek. Good luck ith the train trip if you decide to do it.

I still haven't done anything but ludaloo and your list have inspired me . I on't be back til I've done the missions and at least one 15 min burst of activity upstairs.

ludaloo Wed 22-Aug-07 09:02:19

Awwww...jas I'm glad I inspired you [head swell emoticon]

~Dishwasher unloaded and breakfast things loaded
~Washing (2 loads) 1st load in
~Mow lawn
~Clean fish tank out
~Pay some bills
~Get the glass fixed in the fire door
~Hoover upstairs and down

Going to have a bath now and get the kids dressed and washed

shouldbe Wed 22-Aug-07 09:06:51

Poor dd Jas hope she's OK

I've told the kids we're going on the train so I'm committed now (yikes!) There's a train at 11ish so I'm aiming for that one.
Have a good day, see you later x

ludaloo Wed 22-Aug-07 09:53:12

Have a good time shouldbe

I have been momentarily delayed making sock puppets!
DS has a dog and DD1 has a cat....DD2 just has a sock...bless! (she pulled the eyes and nose off it as soon as I'd stuck them on)

Well everyone is washed and dressed...off to get electric (AGAIN) and pay some bills, then get cracking on the lawn.

Jas Wed 22-Aug-07 09:53:59

Good for you shouldbe
Does it get easer the more you go out and enjoy it, or is it still just as hard to push yourself into going?

I've put aay all the clean cl;othes, and done 15 mins each in both bedrooms, plus a s&s in the bathroom.
I'm going to do the kitchen for 15 mins, and make a cup of tea hile I'm there.

Jas Wed 22-Aug-07 09:53:59

Good for you shouldbe
Does it get easer the more you go out and enjoy it, or is it still just as hard to push yourself into going?

I've put aay all the clean cl;othes, and done 15 mins each in both bedrooms, plus a s&s in the bathroom.
I'm going to do the kitchen for 15 mins, and make a cup of tea hile I'm there.

FunkyGlassSlipper Wed 22-Aug-07 10:15:11

Been out to supermarket with both DDs. I'm quite proud of myself as I normally het it delivered or DH takes DD1. I got about half a normal shop but not bad for 1st time

Now we have cakes for when my friends come later

shouldbe Wed 22-Aug-07 10:17:12

thanks.

It doesn't seem to get much easier to push myself - I'm sooo anxious about this silly little 20minute train journey it's ridiculous! And then there's the return journey to worry about too...
I'm trying to push myself and get a few things listed off a "done" in my brain in the hope that eventually it'll all be easier. I can't really imagine I'll ever be able to do things without a slight feeling of anxiety though, but I hope it'll at least become less and be a little easier...we'll see. In the meantime I'm recognising it and trying to be firm but fair with myself.

shouldbe Wed 22-Aug-07 10:18:07

well done FGS Enjoy the cakes

gibberish Wed 22-Aug-07 10:18:56

Morning all! Beautiful day here. Hope the sun is shining on you all too.

Lol SS - that tip wouldn't work in this house... Have a fab holiday!

Aufish Hope you are ok and not too shook up. How scary!

Jas Poor DD - at least getting her stitches out will be the end to it eh?

Hi luda. We haven't made sock puppets for absolutely ages! What a great idea - should keep the kids occupied for a bit...

shouldbe Have a lovely day

FGS Enjoy your visitors in your sparkling home

{grouchyoscar} Hope you are not too tired after your late night!

Amazed at everyone being up so early

Off to get my list now.

gibberish Wed 22-Aug-07 10:21:15

shouldbe It's amazing how some things most people take for granted can almost take over another person's life... Hope you can cope with your anxiety today and not it ruin your day out.

Okay here's my list. Done a fair bit already.

4 loads of washing 1 1 1 1
Dry clothes 1 1 1 1
Wash & dry bedding – My room
Put away clothes
Ironing

Water house plants
Tidy back garden
Tidy front garden
Water outside plants and baskets

Tidy lounge done
Tidy kitchen done
Tidy dining room
Tidy utility room done
Tidy hallway done
Tidy cloakroom
Hoover downstairs
Dust downstairs
Clean kitchen done
Empty dishwasher done
Quick tidy of cupboards done
Refill dishwasher done
Wipe units done
Clean fridge
Clean cooker not needed
Clean bin
Shine sink done
Wash kitchen floor not needed
Clean utility room
Clean downstairs mirrors
Clean downstairs windows
Swish and swipe downstairs bathroom
Empty downstairs bin done
File paperwork
Clear out old magazines done

Make beds done
Put on clean bedding – My room
Tidy upstairs done
Hoover upstairs
Dust upstairs
Clean upstairs windows
Clean upstairs mirrors
Swish and swipe upstairs bathroom done
Empty upstairs bins done

scattyspice Wed 22-Aug-07 10:37:42

Hi all.

Have come back from 2 weeks holiday in Lake District. Had a great time and for once came back to a clean and tidy house thanks to FLY LADY. .

Hope you all ok.

Off to tackle the bedroom (groan).

gibberish Wed 22-Aug-07 10:58:11

Glad you had a nice holiday scattyspice

4 loads of washing 2nd load on
Dry clothes 1st load on
Wash & dry bedding – My room
Put away clothes
Ironing

Water house plants
Tidy back garden
Tidy front garden
Water outside plants and baskets

Tidy lounge done
Tidy kitchen done
Tidy dining room done
Tidy utility room done
Tidy hallway done
Tidy cloakroom done
Hoover downstairs
Dust downstairs done
Clean kitchen done
Empty dishwasher done
Quick tidy of cupboards done
Refill dishwasher done
Wipe units done
Clean fridge done
Clean cooker not needed
Clean bin not doing
Shine sink done
Wash kitchen floor not needed
Clean utility room done
Clean downstairs mirrors
Clean downstairs windows
Swish and swipe downstairs bathroom done
Empty downstairs bin done
File paperwork
Clear out old magazines done

Make beds done
Put on clean bedding – My room
Tidy upstairs done
Hoover upstairs
Dust upstairs done
Clean upstairs windows
Clean upstairs mirrors
Swish and swipe upstairs bathroom done
Empty upstairs bins done

scattyspice Wed 22-Aug-07 11:35:34

Wow Gibberish.

gibberish Wed 22-Aug-07 11:48:19

It looks better than it actually is lol. Just skimming really not intensive cleaning. I just need to make the house look presentable before I go back to work tomorrow! Am not following the FLY schedule ATM as my house is currently being revamped and I'm waiting until the major work is done before really giving it a major clean.

Done most of it now. Just got to finish the washing and do some ironing tonight.

dd1 got her horseriding lesson this afternoon then need to do a bit of shopping.

Have a good day everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now