Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

~~~~****Monday Fly*****~~~~~

(70 Posts)
AufishFeQueen Mon 20-Aug-07 00:48:43

Good Morning!! Have a guess what I am just finishing? Yes I am living up to the nickname again! Well I'm off to bed now and will be on here later with a list, my mother is coming to stay at the end of the month so I need to sort out the house, she is the queen of clean! eek!

Jas Mon 20-Aug-07 07:10:51

Morning Aufish I do think you are mad, you know.(I don't at all, so staying up til almost 1am doing it is beyond my comprehension)
I do hope your kids are back safe and well

pecka I thought I'd seen you on FLY before.....I can manage without the FLYlady site, but things fall apart when I stop posting on these threads, soI always come back.

blossomsmine - welcome These threads are always more busy during the day, but a few of us are around in the evenings.

I have lost ds' shoe. He has another pair which are too tight, but I can't find his decent one anywhere. The house is fairly tidy now as I keep tidying uup looking for it

My list for today is;

FIND THE SHOE
ring dr to make appt for dd2 to have stitches out (did I tell you we spent Friday pm in casualty having her head stitched?)
take dc to cinema

Jas Mon 20-Aug-07 07:10:51

Morning Aufish I do think you are mad, you know.(I don't at all, so staying up til almost 1am doing it is beyond my comprehension)
I do hope your kids are back safe and well

pecka I thought I'd seen you on FLY before.....I can manage without the FLYlady site, but things fall apart when I stop posting on these threads, soI always come back.

blossomsmine - welcome These threads are always more busy during the day, but a few of us are around in the evenings.

I have lost ds' shoe. He has another pair which are too tight, but I can't find his decent one anywhere. The house is fairly tidy now as I keep tidying uup looking for it

My list for today is;

FIND THE SHOE
ring dr to make appt for dd2 to have stitches out (did I tell you we spent Friday pm in casualty having her head stitched?)
take dc to cinema

shouldbe Mon 20-Aug-07 08:09:59

Morning Jas, Aufish and all

Blossomsmine welcome I'm mostly around in the day, but am occasionally here in the evenings, hope to catch you sometime soon

It's wet here again this morning We were supposed to be having a picnic at the playground with some friends but that looks unlikely now. Not sure what we'll do instead...maybe head to a local museum or something...
Dh and I are taking dd to the theatre this evening to see the Tintin stage show We've all been looking forward to it but my anxiety is starting to raise it's ugly head again already this morning...I hope it doesn't spoil it for me

On the FLY front, I need to do a couple of loads of laundry along with the everyday stuff (bed making, counter-top wiping etc)
Also need to pop to the post office and the library.

See you all later x

FunkyGlassSlipper Mon 20-Aug-07 08:10:23

Morning guys,

welcome blossomsmine

aufish mad

Jas - find the shoe (just in case you need encouragement)

OK, So FLYERS :

mission

Zone - Master Bedroom

Flyspot - sort out your shoes in your cupboards or wherever they are

shouldbe Mon 20-Aug-07 08:21:08

Thanks for the link FGS I hadn't even noticed there wasn't one I could do with clearing up the wardrobe in the master bedroom so this week may be the week to do it (children permitting)
Update on the cat - no more sick but I'll give the vet a ring anyway I think and perhaps take him to see them, he clearly hasn't been right lately.

Jas Mon 20-Aug-07 08:29:35

Thanks FGS
I was sure I'd done the link, but didn't actually do it

I found the shoe. In the swimming bag in the boot of the car of course.

PeckaRolloverAgain Mon 20-Aug-07 09:34:07

Yay well done on finding the shoe!!

I have to go to work for a couple of hours this morning (Im a doula) then when I get back going to get stuck in to home blessing and some of the mission.

I have to go to nurse later to get my dressing changed on my toe - had to get my big toe nail removed on saturday after DS kicked it off by mistake OUUUUUUUCH!!

shouldbe Mon 20-Aug-07 09:35:13

I have my dd in tears this morning as we've been sorting through her Polly Pockets ready for returning to Mattel Half of me feels it's not worth the upset but then again it's better safe than sorry...has anyone else had anything to return? Have you bothered?

Glad you found the shoe Jas

shouldbe Mon 20-Aug-07 09:36:19

Ouuuuch! Pecka your toe sounds very painful!

Madwelshwoman Mon 20-Aug-07 09:45:00

Hello morning all!

Shouldbe I'm on the Polly Pocket mission again today, dd has £60 worth of stuff to return so I'm definitely bothering!!

Aside from that it will be general tidy up, not as if we can go out in this horrific rain down here and then sort out my new drying cupboard I'm going to make!!!

Jas Have you found the shoe yet?

Pecka Ouch for the big toe, sounds painful

shouldbe Mon 20-Aug-07 10:07:23

madwelshwoman have you heard from Mattel? I emailed them from the link of their UK website a few days ago and have heard nothing so don't actually know what I'm supposed to do with the toys once we've found them anyway...

Right, better get on and put some washing in the machine. The rain has stopped so we're going to risk the playground

Jas Mon 20-Aug-07 10:10:07

Yes, shoe was in the car

shouldbe and MWW the dds have 3 or 4 of the PP sets on the list, but I haven't done anything about it. (Bad mother..are they dangerous for big girls who don't put toys in their mouths?) Will I get refunded for partial sets? I can't imagine we still have all the bits for any of them. We had a quick click doll which broke almost as soon as we got it, and I know I threw most of the set away, but some of the others seem ok still. I've filled in the online form now, so I will see what they say.

shouldbe Mon 20-Aug-07 10:15:51

Jas you sound very similar to me as regards the PP sets, it's unlikely we have full sets of anything and dd is old enough not to put things in her mouth...I'm just going to wait and see...

Madwelshwoman Mon 20-Aug-07 10:25:22

Well they told me that they can't reasonably expect everyone to have every single piece of the sets so just send back what you can. They sent me a list to choose replacement toys from but to be honest there wasn't much in there so I'm about to phone them up again to ask for the refund instead and see what they say

grouchyoscar Mon 20-Aug-07 11:20:38

Morning ALL hello NEWBIES and RETURNEES Hope you and yours are well

Chaos here. I don't create the mess but I clear it

Done
Up
Washed
Make beds
Draw curtains
Ed washed
Dressed (Ed dressed himself but emptied all his drawers doing it)
Down town
Go to pharmacy
Go to GP
Go to bank
Buy clothes for Ed (dungarees and flanell shirt for 2.99)
Buy gift wrap for BF's wedding gift (too huge but fun)
Home

To Do
Empty DW
Put away
Peg out
Vac downstairs
Ironing
Sort Ed's room
Make lunch
Appointment with neurologist
Teach Ed chess he saw DGP's chess set yesterday and wanted his own

Collapsed inm heap

Betyter get cracking ladies, TTFN

AufishFeQueen Mon 20-Aug-07 11:49:13

Good morning, am back again!

Kids are all back safe and well thanks Jas from that I take it you didn't see me on the weekend thread and my stroke of luck on Saturday afternoon? I found £50 on the floor when I was going out to town with a friend! Spent it all on myself as well!

My done list:

1 load of washing in machine
2 loads out on the line
general tidy up in kitchen

To do:

put away the 3 baskets of ironing!
wash and dry the dishes from last night
shine sink
tidy front room
polish and hoover
take the kids out for the afternoon

So had better get off this and get on with it.

laloop Mon 20-Aug-07 12:26:39

Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could join in with this thread again. Used to post on here a few months ago but got out of the FLYlady routine and house is chaotic at the moment due to school holidays. Am going to check out the FLYlady site again today for some motivation as I feel like I am going to drown in this mountain of clutter, arrghh!!

ludaloo Mon 20-Aug-07 13:27:36

Hello

Hi and welcome/welcome back to laloop, blossomsmine and pecka

Hello to ALL haven't read through yet. Just got in from a trip to town.

Well I was a busy bee yesterday, and this morning
Have done the mission already, last week some time.
Just the normal bits and pieces to do.

Back in a bit...off to have a bite to eat

grouchyoscar Mon 20-Aug-07 13:32:08

just pop back

To Do
Empty DW Done
Put away Done
Peg out Done
Vac downstairs Done
Ironing
Sort Ed's room Done
Drag stepladder out of cellar to 1st floor Done
Change DS's lightbulb Done
Take down shower curtains Done
Load WM with curtains and run on hot wash *In progress*Make lunch Done
Tidy Away Done
Reload dw and run Done
S&S kitchen worktops Done
S&S bathroom
S&S loo
Appointment with neurologist
Teach Ed chess - tho Wonderpets (yuck) have his attention now

Got to wait for MIL and neice to come and look after Ed for me while I have my appointment. Better get my meds list etc sorted for him

Ciao for now

PeckaRolloverAgain Mon 20-Aug-07 14:35:59

Ok......Im back into this!!

I have ....

Emptied bins
Tidied DS room
Tidied our room (no mean feat)
Changed our bed
Cleaned bathroom

Need to go and check missions out and do all the normal bits...

Feels like ages since I did a decent amount of housework no wonder the place has got so bad!!!

laloop Mon 20-Aug-07 14:50:05

Thanks for welcome

Right, I have a list put together now. Apart from the mission, I am going to concentrate on downstairs today.

To do

- FLYlady mission

- Kitchen
Unload dishwasher and load lunchtime dishes
Declutter as much as possible
Sort out recycling
Wash down worktops, hob, cupboard fronts, fridge door and kitchen table
Sweep floor
Clean patio doors

- Hallway
Return random assortment of objects back to where they belong, why oh why is this always my job despite the fact that said articles always belong to dh/dcs??
Vacuum and dust

- Downstairs cloakroom
Clean basin, wc
Mop floor

- Living Room
Clear up toys etc (dcs to be roped in to help)
Vacuum and dust
Clean window

- Dining Room
Clear PC desk and clean
Vacuum, dust
Clean window

If time I am also going to embark on a MAJOR toy clearout.

Will report back later.

Jas Mon 20-Aug-07 15:05:22

I've done all three things on my list today and nothing else.

at you lot ith your big lists and jobs done.

I can't get motivated at all today.

Just ent to put ashing n the tumble dryer and found damp ashing from Saturday still in it.

ludaloo Mon 20-Aug-07 15:58:53

Well done to all those who have got on well with their lists!

I've been getting on with the garden. Its the first dry spell we have had for days, so I've cleaned out the guinea pigs and put them in the run, swept the patio and paths, picked up all the litter that seems to accumulate in our front garden , and tidied all the garden toys. I could do with it being dry tomorrow, as the lawn needs mowing.

Well the outside is actually tidier than inside now, so I'd better get on and tidy and hoover round inside. I have bought a lovely febreeze mist spray today, it is called fresh linen and it smells lovely!

Right...will turf all the kids out and get on (I have a garden full! 4 of them aren't even mine!)

See u all in a bit

blossomsmine Mon 20-Aug-07 16:40:10

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome
Managed to get on here quickly but will have to wait til later for a proper catch up on the thread.
Not done too much today had to run the kids around and pick up our visitor!
Had a quick hoover
dust in the lounge
quick clean around the kitchen and bathroom
couple of loads of washing

To do
Iron tonight (whilst popping on here!)
Oh and may sort out a cupboard or two!
Must check what todays mission is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now