Talk

Advanced search

Aldi??

(10 Posts)
warmsummersday Sun 19-Aug-07 21:19:22

Does anyone shop in Aldi? We have one just opened and I need to go shopping tomorrow. Normally go to tesco but spend so much. What is good there and what should I avoid? What sort of things do they do? I will probably go locally for fruit/ veg and meat/ fish.

JeSuisLeLoup Sun 19-Aug-07 21:45:17

The one in centre of Manchester is v. big & I've bought quite a few things there. I don't think you could do a full shop there as they seem to be a bit random in what they stock. They are v. limited when it comes to fresh food . Also, I didn't know many of the brands. On the other hand, they have well known brands at lower prices so it's worth a look.
Hope that helps

snugglynuggly Mon 20-Aug-07 21:37:09

just been myself for first time in ages surprised at amount of branded stuff and got some lovely buns and continental cheeses also stuff like kitchen roll/tin foil etc v.good as who cares about the make . i am scared by how fast they check it out though and get bit flustered - no would you like a hand with your packing madam a la tesco

BettySpaghetti Mon 20-Aug-07 21:41:13

Have a look at this thread -lots of ideas of the best things to buy.

Its not the sort of place you could do an entire weekly shop though.

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 21:41:22

do a search, several earlier threads about what to buy in Aldi and Lidl

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 21:41:59

nice one bettyspaghetti, i couldn't be bothered

BettySpaghetti Mon 20-Aug-07 21:43:46

I couldn't be bothered to list the best buys so it was easier and quicker to link

Wisteria Mon 20-Aug-07 21:53:03

here too

ArcticRoll Mon 20-Aug-07 21:58:20

I read an article recently saying that the wine section is surprisingly good and cheap.
A branch is opening near to me in Brighton and I'm looking forward to picking up cheap camping equipment as read on MN that they have good offers.

Wisteria Mon 20-Aug-07 22:01:39

Go along with the wine - we found a lot of the same labels over in France recently in the supermarkets there for only a fraction cheaper! They do a brilliant bottle of stuff which is just like Pimms but for a fiver. I think I saw it advertised recently.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: