Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aldi??

(10 Posts)
warmsummersday Sun 19-Aug-07 21:19:22

Does anyone shop in Aldi? We have one just opened and I need to go shopping tomorrow. Normally go to tesco but spend so much. What is good there and what should I avoid? What sort of things do they do? I will probably go locally for fruit/ veg and meat/ fish.

JeSuisLeLoup Sun 19-Aug-07 21:45:17

The one in centre of Manchester is v. big & I've bought quite a few things there. I don't think you could do a full shop there as they seem to be a bit random in what they stock. They are v. limited when it comes to fresh food . Also, I didn't know many of the brands. On the other hand, they have well known brands at lower prices so it's worth a look.
Hope that helps

snugglynuggly Mon 20-Aug-07 21:37:09

just been myself for first time in ages surprised at amount of branded stuff and got some lovely buns and continental cheeses also stuff like kitchen roll/tin foil etc v.good as who cares about the make . i am scared by how fast they check it out though and get bit flustered - no would you like a hand with your packing madam a la tesco

BettySpaghetti Mon 20-Aug-07 21:41:13

Have a look at this thread -lots of ideas of the best things to buy.

Its not the sort of place you could do an entire weekly shop though.

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 21:41:22

do a search, several earlier threads about what to buy in Aldi and Lidl

ChippyMinton Mon 20-Aug-07 21:41:59

nice one bettyspaghetti, i couldn't be bothered

BettySpaghetti Mon 20-Aug-07 21:43:46

I couldn't be bothered to list the best buys so it was easier and quicker to link

Wisteria Mon 20-Aug-07 21:53:03

here too

ArcticRoll Mon 20-Aug-07 21:58:20

I read an article recently saying that the wine section is surprisingly good and cheap.
A branch is opening near to me in Brighton and I'm looking forward to picking up cheap camping equipment as read on MN that they have good offers.

Wisteria Mon 20-Aug-07 22:01:39

Go along with the wine - we found a lot of the same labels over in France recently in the supermarkets there for only a fraction cheaper! They do a brilliant bottle of stuff which is just like Pimms but for a fiver. I think I saw it advertised recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now