Talk

Advanced search

Crinkle-fabric tops - how to maintain?

(6 Posts)
Blu Sun 19-Aug-07 11:09:03

I have two of those crinkly, deliberately creased tops - one from Boden in jersey knit, the other a very fine cotton knit. Both looked fab when i bought them with a tight concertina-like crinkle. When I dry them, even according to the instructions, they simply look crumpled and baggy after 5 mins.

What is the secret?

I wondered about a little bit of starch in the wash?

Blu Sun 19-Aug-07 15:45:53

Bump!

themoon66 Sun 19-Aug-07 15:48:29

I have a cotton one. I wash it, let it dry, then sort of screw it up lengthways to put it away in a drawer. This sort of works, but it never looks a evenly crinkly as it did when new.

coleyboy Sun 19-Aug-07 15:49:35

Do you dry them by leaving them in a tight twist - like you are wringing them out? I find this works well.

bran Sun 19-Aug-07 16:00:24

I twist them lengthways to dry and tie them in a loose knot so they don't untwist. I usually have to undo and re-twist once or twice as the inside bit doesn't dry properly otherwise. To store them I just put them in the drawer twisted and in a knot. For the blouses that have buttons I iron the button bands before wearing otherwise it tends to be gappy at the buttons.

Blu Sun 19-Aug-07 17:35:31

yes, am doing all that twisting and knotting - but am having the same problem as themoon66.

But I was in quite a humid climate, perhaps the creases dropped out.

I'm going to experiment with a really small amount of starch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now