Talk

Advanced search

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ Friday FLY ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

(30 Posts)
shouldbe Fri 17-Aug-07 07:09:42

Good morning everyone

Here's the mission

shouldbe Fri 17-Aug-07 07:16:19

So, today is meet-up day for EHM and I There's mixture of excitement and nerves in my house this morning!
I managed to keep up the FLYing yesterday and the house is still looking lovely and tidy, I will, however be locking the utility room door so as not to spoil the illusion of all-over "immaculate-ness"

I'd better go and sort dh's packed lunch.
See you all later x

Jas Fri 17-Aug-07 07:24:28

Have fun today shouldbe and EHM

Here is the Lavalamp link for you all. I really liked it. DD1 got bored quite quickly, but dd2 and I kept going until we ran out of salt and glitter. Sugar seemed to work, too, but don't put too much colouring in the water if you do it, and leave a gap at the top of your bottle to accommodateal the glitter and salt.

Last swimming lesson today, and we are all going swimming this afternoon so dd2 can show off her new skills.

tortoise I am sticking to really basic stuff until term starts and I have less children at home, too.

Jas Fri 17-Aug-07 07:24:28

Have fun today shouldbe and EHM

Here is the Lavalamp link for you all. I really liked it. DD1 got bored quite quickly, but dd2 and I kept going until we ran out of salt and glitter. Sugar seemed to work, too, but don't put too much colouring in the water if you do it, and leave a gap at the top of your bottle to accommodateal the glitter and salt.

Last swimming lesson today, and we are all going swimming this afternoon so dd2 can show off her new skills.

tortoise I am sticking to really basic stuff until term starts and I have less children at home, too.

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 08:43:02

Morning

Have a great day you two

EHM My dd2 has just turned 2 She is a little monkey!

Well I still didn't manage to do the airing cupboard yesterday. I decided to do a shop in the afternoon, got home and had a migraine I had really hoped I'd seen the last of them but it appears not
I went to bed at about 6.30!

I have a bit of a fuzzy head today but hopefully I'll be able to get on.

I'd better get off and get us all dressed and washed. See you all in a bit.

tortoise Fri 17-Aug-07 09:06:41

Morning.
Just wanted to pop in and say again, EHM And Shouldbe have a fab meet up. Look forward to hearing about it later.

Luda Hope you are feeling better later.
Jas Thanks for tips. I will show DC later. (Not now or they will want to do it instantly!

Have a good day all.

shouldbe Fri 17-Aug-07 09:26:44

EHM can't make it Trains are all up the creek
Very disappointing, but we'll try again another time

The kids are gutted too so I've had to bribe them with a trip to the local wildlife park instead which'll be fun

See you later x
(and see you soon EHM )

AufishFeQueen Fri 17-Aug-07 11:10:45

Good morning, this house is too quiet! Been a good few tears in the house this morning and now I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. A few bits and pieces needing doing around the house but other than that I'm not sure what to do! I miss them already.

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 11:16:27

Awwww Noooooo shouldbe and EHM what a shame The wildlife park sounds good though

Aufish It must be horrid for you I hope you manage to pass the time and I hope they have a good time away they'll be back soon enough...until then...have a big {{{HUG}}}

Well I haven't done ANYTHING yet...apart from wash and dress the kids, have a bath myself...and straighten my hair....and moisturise....and eat toffee cheesecake oh and get dressed.

Kids are all playing happily, and I have a whole house to clean and tidy (I really haven't done much for at least 2 days!!!)

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 12:58:56

Still not done much I'm too fuzzy

Where is everyone today?

I've so far done:
~2 loads of washing
~unloaded reloaded d/w
~made beds
~put 2 piles of clean washing away
~made lunch
~picked all the dirty clothes up
~fed guinea pigs
~played on super mario

Um...that's about it really.

tortoise Fri 17-Aug-07 13:01:34

Awwww EHM and shouldbe what a shame. Hope you get to meet soon. Have fun out shouldbe.

Aufish.

[[http://www.miniclip.com/games/scribble/en/ been playing this]
Not got a lot done yet!!

EHM Fri 17-Aug-07 13:02:25

Hi everyone

I'll understand if I am bannished from the fly thread & nobody wants to speak to me again

Very disappointed Trains cancelled from St Albans to King Cross which normally takes about 20 mins. Would have resulted in slow train to nearest station to in London near to tube station(approx 40 mins journey on a good).Then 2 different tubes & thats before I got to the station to board train to shouldbe's. So disappointed spoke to dh as I thought I was going to burst into tears at the thought of letting a fellow fly friend & her kids down
I also spoke to shouldbe, she sounded lovely & very understanding. Thank you
The extended journey would have been far to much for Ellie, and me it hards work lugging a buggy with small child around the undergound, people wouldnt always help even if you ask

shouldbeI hope you enjoy the park with the kids, I am so sorry the are disappointed.

I am going to give ellie some lunch & sulk

tortoise Fri 17-Aug-07 13:03:17

Hi Luda think you have done more than me

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 13:08:46

Hi tort (I'm not even going to click on your link just yet...I know it will be a really addictive game!! and I have a quiche in the oven...which I will then forget about and it'll burn) But thanks I'll check it out a little later

EHM Of course you are not banished you silly billy! We all love you still
These things happen. I can understand you not wanting to lug about for hours on the underground, thats for sure!
(shouldbe is the loveliest of lovelies so I am absolutely sure she understands )

tortoise Fri 17-Aug-07 13:10:45

Awwww EHM ((((( hugs )))) It can't be helped and there will be another time to visit.

I just completed the game
Soppose i should give dc lunch now

tortoise Fri 17-Aug-07 13:11:53

Lol Luda
I started playing it last night. it is addictive but can be paused.

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 13:23:15

If its anything like Isketch, then I'll be hooked for hours! lol

EHM Fri 17-Aug-07 13:24:37

Thanks luda & tort I know it can't be helped it doesn't stop me feeling like Sit as I know shouldbe and her little shouldbes are disappointed. As am I, Ellie is too young to understand, but she wasn't happy when we didn't get on the train.

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 13:27:20

Awwww I know the feeling EHM I felt bad for being a wimp and chickening out of driving down on my own

There will be other chances to meet up though I am sure

gibberish Fri 17-Aug-07 15:08:05

Aaw EHM and shouldbe. Sorry your day didn't go as planned. Never mind, you have the next meetup up to look forward to!

Had a quick tidy up this morning then have been doing stuff for the party since then. Shopping, making bee costumes, jelly, lucky dip buckets etc lol. Good fun.

Have peace to get on with things as dd2 is away with dh to England to visit his dad and dd is going to stay on for 2 weeks at friends. They will fly her back in September. Aufish, you are a better person than me - I actually like it when they are gone for a bit . Hope you are feeling better now.

Ok off to make some attenae...

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 15:46:52

oooooh where do you live gibberish ?

I still haven't done very much, just been to get MORE electric I'm forever putting tokens in that bloomin meter.

DD2 fell asleep in the car and has woken up in an awful mood...despite having a packet of buttons to keep her happy!

I still have a fuzzy head, I'm hoping a nice rest once the kids are in bed will do the trick.

Well...have more washing to do so I'd better get on

RubyRioja Fri 17-Aug-07 15:51:23

Hello,

Have been for the worlds biggest supermarket shop (2 trolleys!) and am shattered! I think I need a little lie down. Do you think the dds will put it all away?

Shame about your meet up. How frustrating.

shouldbe Fri 17-Aug-07 16:31:39

Hello

We've only just got home! We've had a fun day out...and are all exhausted now! The kids are going to have some telly time while I sort soemthing for supper.

EHM please don't worry! It's all completely unavoidable and there's no way you could have managed the extended journey We'll just plan another day instead, no worries My kids got over not meeting anyone from the train pretty quickly once I suggested a trip to the Wildlife Park
(they're fickle!) Speak soon x

I'll try to get back later to catch up with everyone else Hope you're all OK x

ludaloo Fri 17-Aug-07 16:40:55

2 trolley loads.....ooooooh I don't think I have EVER shopped that much! (I'd love to though) at having to have a lie down.

shouldbe glad you had a good day

RubyRioja Fri 17-Aug-07 16:42:03

Not sure whether the lie down is exhaustion at humping it all home, or shock at payign for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now