Talk

Advanced search

Autumn leaves and a clean sweep: it's the October Fledgling Fly thread (2019)

(618 Posts)
Slowchirp Mon 30-Sep-19 13:27:03

Welcome to the thread where we (loosely) follow the Flylady housekeeping system here to combat CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) with a load of wine, chat and mutual support along the way. Quite a few of us have been on here for a while, so for that reason, we may seem cliquey, but we really aren't, and all newcomers, lurkers, returnees, regulars, and intermittent regulars are very welcome!

Every day I will post a link to the activities for "Today" which summarises everything you need on a daily basis if you want to follow the system strictly, but we tend to adapt it to suit our individual circumstances, homes, and energy-levels!

Please note that, athough Flylady is keen for us to check in to the website, we've recently had a few concerns wrt security, so although there is lots of useful info on the site, it's best not download it or put any of your personal details into the website for now, or sign up to the (many and frequent) e-mails (but your choice as some fledglings find the latter helpful).

More information on getting started available:
here (containing baby-steps!) but please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further qs.

There are 4 levels for Flying:
-Baby steps - good for starting a routine and overcoming the perfection crippling effect
-Baby steps and missions - basic routine + more in depth tasks
-Baby steps, missions, and deep cleaning (if you are at that stage).
You can't clean clutter so don't consider this one if you need the next level.
-Flying combined with a decluttering system (kondo/unfuck etc etc) let's be honest fly lady is good for routine but not so quick with the decluttering results sometimes.

There is NO wrong or right way of doing this, it is about adapting the system to suit your life circumstances, which will be different from someone else's, and don't be put off by the barftastically twee nature of the Flylady site, the underlying system is sound. Feel free to ignore any step or routine that doesn't suit you or your home! No perfectionism allowed!

And when it all gets too much: come and take a seat by the fire in our specially adapted "naughty" corner where you can enjoy virtual cakeand wine and lots of support from fellow fledglings.

More info follows (**but again, please note we advise only looking at the pdfs and not downloading them**):

** launch pad (general info) here

** daily babysteps pdf (ignore the ones that don't suit you or your home) here

** week day missions (some fledglings find it easier to do them at weekends) here

** info about zones (explanation of how zones work) here

** weekly zones (a rough weekly guide to which area of the house we are tackling currently, again adapt to suit yourself) here and here

** daily focus (helpful guide to allocate a certain day for a certain task) here and here

** deep cleaning lists pdf (only attempt when you have decluttered as you can't clean clutter!) here

Good luck and happy Flying one and all!

Last but not least, a huge thank you to ChicCroissant for running such a lovely (and busy!) September thread flowers [cake[ gin halo

Slowchirp Mon 30-Sep-19 13:29:12

Missed out the all-important slice of cake for you there Chic!

Stilllivinginazoo Mon 30-Sep-19 14:24:37

Signing in SC thanks for running October
Chic that's for leading us thru September

<Sets up fire,comfy chairs,tubs Christmas chocolates heroes/celebrations and biscuit tin >
<Adds pringles,naice bread,cheese and cheese for savoury munchers>
<Adds fruit platter for anyone aiming drop few pounds before Xmas>

<Pours self hot chocolate and settles in to wait for everyone else>

Stilllivinginazoo Mon 30-Sep-19 14:26:20

Aaand my phone's already on one.
Obviously thanks chic not thatsconfused
And someone stole the straws from my cheese straws<maybe ned?>although in hindsight cheese and cheese isn't a bad thing......

ChicCroissant Mon 30-Sep-19 21:21:34

I was wondering where Ned had got to, he's been quiet and not doing the ironing

Thanks for running October SC, just saving my space on the thread grin

Slowchirp Mon 30-Sep-19 21:38:03

Thanks again for September Chic flowers

[Wonders if Ned has made his way over to new thread? ]

Slowchirp Mon 30-Sep-19 21:53:49

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Here we go again everyone!

Launch pad link for tomorrow: here.
Baby-step for Tues 1st Oct: here.

Wishing all fledglings a splendid Flying month!

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Slowchirp Mon 30-Sep-19 21:55:14

Ta for all the goodies Zoo grin

ExpletiveDelighted Mon 30-Sep-19 23:11:44

Thanks SC and thank you Chic for September. flowers

LivingInLaputa Mon 30-Sep-19 23:49:32

Hi smile

I’ve been so bad at keeping up with the thread I have no clue who Ned is 😳😭

I feel slightly more human this evening as earlier I sat in the steam room.

Also deleted loads of emails. Not while in the steam room though.

Lisette1940 Tue 01-Oct-19 00:26:27

Ned came to the thread via autocorrect in relation to laundry so he's our go to genie for making laundry magically disappear. We borrow him from the thread when the going gets tough. My laundry pile is waiting to be washed not ironed so no Ned needed here.

Thanks for a lovely Sept thread Chic and thank you too for a fabulous opening SC. <Takes notes for running November thread - you're all a hard act to follow>

I am trying to empty the freezer for defrosting by eating what's left. DH was told this - and what did he do? Only bloomin bought more fish fingers. We've 20 to eat by Sunday now. I hate them too 😝.

Tidyhomewannabe Tue 01-Oct-19 06:41:58

Good morning all 🍁🍂 lovely rainy morning here, hoping it stops for the school run.

Thanks chic for last months thread, thanks sc for this months.

Laputa glad you're feeling better.

Listelle fishfinger sandwich for breakfast ?? One of our football mums mentioned at the weekend, that her son had had 3 fishfingers and a Yorkshire pudding for his breakfast - I would never have put them on the same plate never mind had either item for breakfast.

Ta da
Much needed coffee ☕️

IVEgottheDECAF Tue 01-Oct-19 09:33:43

Morning all

Happy October 🧣🧤🐿🦔🦇🍁🍂🎃☔

Ty for the new thread sc and for last month chic!

Dc4 is turning 3 on the 18th 🎂 so i am in birthday prep mode until then and then i will switch to full on CHRISTMAS prep 🎅

Got soaked this morning on the school run, rain so bad i got home and had to full change myself and dc4! Need to sort out our weather appropriate clothing i think! Baby is still snoozing in the pram lovely and smug though!

It is a bit crazy how long this thread has been going on and with so many regular contributors, are there other threads like this on mn i wonder!?

Ta da

School run and shit
Dryer on

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 09:34:07

Morning all!

Slow start ... dd still off school but improving
Wm & dw on
Attempted dog walk but had to turn back as weather foul. Sadly no excuse to avoid staying in and cleaning...also have approx 3 hrs of "work" work to plough through... also need to get more dog food. That should use up the day.

I have fond memories of eating leftover yorkshire pud with apricot compote when little Tidy with a spoonful of whipped cream. 😀

Glad you are on the mend Laputa!

My DH does that too Lisette. Me saying I want to eat up food stores seems to trigger a panic buying reaction in him! Sadly no exotic recipes involving fish fingers spring to mind!

<Leaves fishfinger sandwich out for Ned>

Had better get my head down and start work. "See" you all later!

IVEgottheDECAF Tue 01-Oct-19 09:34:32

Yorkshire puds need gravy. Gravy and fish fingers is just WRONG 🤮

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 09:38:02

X post I've aw at warm snoozing baby

I think the Archers thread might give us a run for our money in terms of longevity...that's been going on forever ...and they have spreadsheets monitoring the number of posts and everything grin

IVEgottheDECAF Tue 01-Oct-19 09:40:29

Ooo i see. Well spreadsheets sounds hard work. Lets not start that grin

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 09:41:59

No, agreed, if we were that organised we wouldn't need this thread in the first place grin

TooStressyTooMessy Tue 01-Oct-19 09:46:21

Definitely not volunteering for any spreadsheet work grin.

Thanks so much for a lovely September thread Chic cakeflowersbrewstar.

Thanks for setting up October SC. I did like the “barftastically twee” bit - very true grin.

No broadband here as when we changed our tv package to save money they seem to have cancelled our broadband as well confused. So might not be on that much. Hopefully it won’t be a massive hassle to sort out.

Big rainy wing flaps to everyone.

Lisette1940 Tue 01-Oct-19 11:02:41

I giggle when I see 'school run and shit' ive - that about covers it!

I am taking more exercise for health reasons - walking and stretching. New office going well and it's nice to have lovely colleagues. <I think I was lonely>

Freezer work goes on - thank you for the fish finger sarnie idea. Will try that! Tonight is chicken pie (and possibly fish fingers!!)

I need to clean the oven. It has the fancy pyrolytic thingy but that terrifies me so I'll just wipe it out.

Tidyhomewannabe Tue 01-Oct-19 11:07:22

Ta da
Kids at school fed, watered and kinda clean
Beds made
Washer on
Finances check/bills paid
Attended adhd course at ds's school, found it really informative and although ds hasn't been diagnosed, he has always been borderline I think, so it was good to get a better understanding of what the condition is and how I can help him .

Off to pick dd2 up from nursery, I need to plan some rainy day activities because she goes crazy when she stays indoors !

IVEgottheDECAF Tue 01-Oct-19 11:12:06

"School run and shit" if broken down is probably 50+ tasks!

Lisette DH could have a packed lunch of fish finger sandwiches all week

Lisette1940 Tue 01-Oct-19 14:25:51

Indeed ive! I think too I will give DH fish finger sandwiches!

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2007/jun/05/thefishfingersandwich

Interesting addition of one frozen potato waffle into the sandwich in that article. Won't tell DH as don't want yet more frozen food in the house and we are out of potato waffles.

Ta da
breakfast tidy
exercise
oven clean
kitchen and living room tidy
thyroid test results (well behaved thyroid atm)
various life admin stuff

Waiting for ds to come home and then walking to shops for nonfrozen ingredients for pie plus some fruit.

Parent teacher meeting tonight and work to catch up with.

ChicCroissant Tue 01-Oct-19 14:27:42

I am not up to spreadsheets at the moment, it's too much commitment for me throws hand across forehead in drama-llama style

No housework so far, out to craft class and then the quick job I was expecting took a bit longer as there was an issue at their end. All sorted eventually when we worked out what might have gone wrong, but quite funny to watch as I stood there clutching an item that their database stubbornly insisted I didn't have despite their best efforts to convince it otherwise grin One-nil to the database today, so let's avoid that spreadsheet for as long as possible!

Bowerbird5 Tue 01-Oct-19 16:05:12

WoW JUST WOW! I have just spent about an hour catching up on the threads since Friday.

We ended up going Friday afternoon.Really glad I went now as I have relaxed some of the time and worked the rest.We had the first night on our own in the lovely, big six bedroom house.DH stayed over which he has never done before then drove our car back.Saturday meant some more came and DH left before lunch to avoid them.So I have cleaned and made up beds and cooked for those arriving Saturday. We didn't get to the B supermarket as my friend was at a Christening and decided to buy it on the way back. So we didn't get our coffee &cake next door but perhaps another time. They have been very supportive. We made the buffet for 50 in the end but some others contributed. We worried thinking we were going to end up with lots of leftover food.However it was cold and wet and everyone was hungry so we kept heating up and bringing out in relays which meant people went back and got more. The Mass was lovely and very full for the time of year from a toddler to nearly ninety. After they all left we sat up till about 2plus. I was told to go to bed because I was making breakfast for an important person and turn anyone up between 7:30am and 9am. I woke at 6am when someone had to leave and decide to get up as I was worried I wouldn't wake up.I felt like I was on Four in A Bed because I cleared up all the bottles and leftover glasses etc and organised everything All english , Sc.egg and S.salmon, continential cheese and ham. Back later visitor.

IVEgottheDECAF Tue 01-Oct-19 17:03:20

Sounds like you are super busy bower!

DP has pissed me off. Nothing major. Just twatish attitude. I've given him a gob full and he has gone out. I do feel better now. His face was pissing me off.

LivingInLaputa Tue 01-Oct-19 17:59:55

Sorry about twatty DP behaviour ive

Hiiii everyone

Managed to get a bit of HE done, although an awful lot was maths as DH set DS some really tricky stuff!

He and DD went to have another look at the school. She was really nervous and almost refused to go at first but I’m glad she did. DH not impressed by the behaviour in the main school 🙄😣 but was pleased with the SN unit which is where hopefully she will be for at least half the time. We’ve decided to apply soon, and then we will negotiate how slow a transition she can have, they seemed keen for it to be very gradual but I’m not sure what their definition of that is IYSWIM! I don’t really want her in full time until after Christmas ideally.

So much to do in the next few days, I haven’t even looked at the EHCP form. Argh

Bowerbird5 Tue 01-Oct-19 18:22:00

grin I've love the way you put things sometimes and i know just how you feel.Hopefully the twattish behaviour will stop when he returns.

Came home had lots of stress recently, busy weekend where DH knew I would be doing lots of stuff and the floor hasn't been vacuumed and he has been trailing logs and bits in. kitchen table looks like I left it with tablets packets on. I am keeping mum. He had an appointment made with a guy about solar panels. I couldn't be bothered tiding up. I went to bed at 2am and was up about 6am. I had about 30 mins kip after I got home instead.

zoo the dress looks amazing.

Laputa sounds promising. We have some part timers and have eased somebody in over a year. I think he might be full time by now.

Thank you for thread leading. I really appreciate the work that goes into it. I am not ICT efficient. I felt proud just managing to join!

Ned isn't here do you think he is moonlighting on another thread? Does that Marie Kondo iron?

Waves to others. I had more to add but have forgotten what I read on the other thread now. Need to go to bed early I have to be up and out early tomorrow.
I am thinking retirement is looking more attractive than my job at the moment.

I noticed I keep getting UGG ads now. I have never had the leather ones but have worn the Originals since I was a nipper.

LivingInLaputa Tue 01-Oct-19 18:30:41

A year wow! I think in some ways I would like her to be able to be part time for as long as possible but really it depends if that doesn’t feel like “enough” for her, as she very much wants to fit in (although she is also happy with the idea of the unit and small classes etc thankfully)

She’s walking home from tap on her own for the first time, wouldn’t normally (and it’s getting dark so won’t be doing it again for now) but DH is in London for a meeting and I knew I wouldn’t be up to dragging the toddler out (DS got dropped back earlier by his friend who does the same class) as although I’m feeling a bit better I’m still in that achy dizzy phase. Poor kid, it’s chucking it down out there 😂 but me being with her wouldn’t change that.

Bowerbird5 Tue 01-Oct-19 19:15:45

Might make her hurry.

Yeah he had quite a few issues I think and anxiety. He attended so many days then part of each day and then the hours each day increased. so he started to stay for lunch then went home then lunch and an hour. continued slowly and if he can't manage it was tailored back and built up again.It seems to have worked. He is a lovely boy.I haven't worked with him but I used to speak to him if he was working outside the classroom.Just cheerily and brief so each encounter was positive and I get a smile now before I speak to him and he gave me and mum a big surprise when he leant over and gave me a hug. It wasn't something I have seen him do and he just grinned up at me. It was lovely to see him so relaxed.I've never forced it but took an interest if he was engaged. I felt that way he never felt under pressure to speak if he didn't feel like it.He works in the classroom now.

I would talk to her about feeling nervous and explain that lots of people do.In fact I know a Headteacher who had to address a large crow and he admitted he was nervous beforehand. He didn't appear to be. Chat about pushing through that feeling.

foxessocks Tue 01-Oct-19 19:35:36

<waves>
Thanks for all the thread leading smile

Bit behind with both the thread and my house!! Downstairs is passable but upstairs is a huge mess. Left ds carseat in my parent's car today by mistake so now have no excuse not to stay in and get stuff sorted tomorrow!

I have a wedding coming up and planned my outfit months ago, finally ordered some shoes to go with it, and they don't fit, no half sizes available. So I had a bit of a mad moment and ordered two new outfits and another pair of shoes, you know, in case I change my mind about the whole lot!!

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 19:37:03

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Baby-step no.2 for Wed 2 Oct: here
Launch pad link: here
Forgot to add habit of the month for October in opening post which focuses on: paper clutter

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 19:59:46

Evening all!

Sorry for posting tomorrow's links so early but signal here (I am out in the sticks again) is so weak that I thought I would take advantage of it while it lasted!

Also, sorry for not including October habit in op. Totally forgot!

Bit of a shit day here. Massive leak in roof hence emergency visit. Feel a bit shaky and ill and have had falling out with dh too. Hope everyone else's was better... .

Ooh Foxes retail therapy! Enjoy!

I've I love your turn of phrase grin

I should have kept mum too Bower confused . You sound like such a brilliant teacher, really attentive to each indiv child's needs, it will be very much their loss when you are gone. Glad w/e went well, you must be exhausted!

Laputa hope your dd gets home safely and good luck with planning school transition. Bravo to her for going despite being nervous.

Agree re: spreadsheet loathing Chic

Good to see the fish finger sandwich has been venerated by the Groaniad Lisette! grin I should be stretching too but I'm not. [Leaves out wine for after parent-teacher evening]

Hope you managed to keep your dd2 occupied Tidy and well done with being ahead with the Flying habit of the month!

Waves to Honu Toostressy Zoo and everyone else I have missed!

Two positive bits from the day: rescued a frog in difficulty and saw an enormous spider the diameter of a cupcake (lots of flies here). Trouble is... latter is still on the wall in the lav! G'night all! Catch up in the morning!

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 20:06:40

Obvs diameter including legs size of cupcake, not it's body, that would be freaky grin 🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 20:30:13

Sorry Expletive didn't mean to miss you off wave list! And waves to anyone else I have forgotten!

Stilllivinginazoo Tue 01-Oct-19 20:36:49

I've if you need help with roads to back of head,shout me!!

It's my birthday!!
<Adds cake to naughty corner>

Got flowers and chocolates from dd1,a book and money(for a dressing gown) from do and a dd2 made a fab card❤️

Stilllivinginazoo Tue 01-Oct-19 20:37:56

Spade to vback of head

IVEgottheDECAF Tue 01-Oct-19 20:50:00

🎂🎁🥳🍩🍪🍭🍬🍰🧁🍫🥂🍾🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻🎉🎊🎀🎆🎈

Happy birthday Zoo!

ChicCroissant Tue 01-Oct-19 20:50:48

Happy birthday zoo <party poppers> cake

I saw a spider moving across our lounge late the other night, it was so big it caught my eye and I was wondering if it was some kind of many-legged mouse.

Sorry to hear about the leak SC.

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 20:53:24

Happy Birthday Zoo! cake flowers gin

Slowchirp Tue 01-Oct-19 20:55:59

Eek at many-legged mouse! grin

TooStressyTooMessy Tue 01-Oct-19 21:25:23

Happy birthday zoo brewcakeflowerswine

Bowerbird5 Tue 01-Oct-19 21:28:47

I've heard of musical bumps but never spade to back of head as a birthday celebration zoo
Just having a glass ofgin to celebrate your birthday zoo

Chic mice with four legs are bad enough!

Bake off. Dh told me then turned over to racing. Watched the show stopper.

Lisette1940 Tue 01-Oct-19 21:34:22

Hope birthday zoo

🏅for rescuing frog in difficulty SC grin halostar

Lisette1940 Tue 01-Oct-19 21:35:46

Happy not hope - sorry zoo

Parent teacher thing went well - sent husband with notebook and a few fish fingers grin.

foxessocks Tue 01-Oct-19 22:09:41

Happy birthday*zoo*! 🎂

Slowchirp Wed 02-Oct-19 09:40:37

Morning all! It's actually dry and the sun is shining, so I am rushing around like a blue-arsed fly atm trying to get everything done while the weather stays fine. (The farmers around here obviously had the same idea early today as there was a tractor "traffic jam" (at least three vehicles!!) outside the main barn at 5.30 am this morning!)

Have a good anti- procrastination day everyone!

If the weather holds, I am going to try and clean windows as they are in a terrible state after building work; covered in brick dust ... .

Lisette1940 Wed 02-Oct-19 13:20:15

My windows need doing too. I'm not procrastinating though. I'm at work today. May do it tomorrow when I'm at home. No errands to run and I'm waiting for a parcel delivery.

foxessocks Wed 02-Oct-19 15:52:34

I never get round to cleaning windows hmm sometimes we do them if guests are coming grin

Felt a bit meh today, teeth hurt from brace tightening yesterday which is also making my whole head hurt a bit. And I have no patience today either so I've been falling out with ds non stop.

Ta das so I feel like I've done something...
Made a chocolate tart (which went wrong, haven't tasted it yet but it looks a mess!)
Dishwasher on x 2
Washing on x 2
Put some bits online to sell
Tidied kitchen a bit
Organised some weekend plans with a friend (well half organised anyway)
Online food shop

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 02-Oct-19 16:47:03

Hi all.glorious autumnal day here.bright sunshine but chilly wind ...my kind of weather❤️

Tada
Popped shops with D's and DP
<Rant alert>
Was looking for clothes for D's.matalan only had two choices if t shirt and one of trousers for 14year old boys,yet a whole section for girls up to 16ffs!!
Then tried next- again mostly on line.i know boys aren't keen shoppers but those who hate certain textures/like to feel fabric of their clothes should be able to do soangry
<Rant over>
Was hoping to get a cheapish dressing gown but cheapest I saw was £30 in matalan.erm.no!
<Sulks and knows a trip to Primark will be necessary>
Washed a gorgeous blankie bought for D's yesterday
Washed two other loads and put on airer/tumbled towel load
Sat colouring with D's for a while

I was up at stupid o'clock after agreeing to lil zoo doing baking element of French homework(make a poster,write fact file something famous or bake something french)he opted for croissants so made dough before breakfast(up 5.00 to allow for child slowness/inexperience to measure,make and knead ensuring breakfast was still at 7ish so they were out door on time at 745)
Rolled butter and froze
Lil zoo got in and we rolled dough,added butter,fold turn,roll,fold chill
30 mins almost up,the roll,fold chill again 30 mins,then repeat chill an hour
Then shape price an hour
Then bake...
As needed for school tomorrow I refuse to do anything this complicated at silly o'clock so need completing tonight
I might also add we are using dairy free butter and hoping fat count is high enough if works properly(needs certain amount to ensure lunation causes flaking texture)but packet didn't say exact fat count on side<sighs>
If work will post pic!
I've said if once torn open look bit meh we will just email selection pictures made in progress and end result.of good can take them school to share/try as only potential allergy ingredients are flour and almond milksmile

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 02-Oct-19 19:04:02

Aaaand we are on the home straight!!
Rolled,cut and shaped we are now waiting for proving(hour)then finally the quick bit-20 minutes baking!!
I think had it been done leisurely on a weekend wouldn't been really fun for both of us- she's loved every second.im mindful everyone needs feeding,kitchen looks like bomb of flour has been detonated and I've been up since silly o'clock/very very tired
They're due into oven at 755,done 815(hopefully) then after that it's feed myself and dd2.lil zoo D's having simple pasta with fresh chopped tomatoes,avocado and lots basil and salt and pepper and top with toasted sunflower seeds(quick and easy and will be ready in ten minutes) I need something more comforting so I feel some cheese on hit veg will be involved.i suspect large helping if pasta or bread may be consumed also...
<Hope not scared everyone off with our baking exploits>

foxessocks Wed 02-Oct-19 19:53:08

zoo I know your ds may need to feel the texture etc but I got ds a dressing gown from eBay for a couple of quid and it's like new! It's fleece style so I knew what it would feel like as well. Or was the dressing gown for you?! I got it from eBay because I knew ds wouldn't wear it much (and he hasn't!) he just wanted one because my dd has one hmm

I loved today's weather too!

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 02-Oct-19 20:05:07

foxes the dressing gown was for me
He needs jogging bottoms(has no bum/tum etc so needs drawstring,very tight adjustments or they fall down!)hoodie/jumpers/long sleeve tops..I have no one who can take in parcels if I'm not in and neighbourhoods not "desirable enough" you would risk ask leave stuff outside back door so can't order online and hope for the best<sighs>
I've managed to get him a Minecraft onesie and couple adult small snaffly kind of jumpers/zip up cardi type "lounge wear" from Morrison's...it's just irritating trying to find stuff to fit/he's happy with without trauma involved going into town as Primark us in middle of a shopping mall so bright,loud,hot=meltdowns if takes longer than ten minutes😞

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 02-Oct-19 20:25:34

Little zoos labour of lovegrin

Slowchirp Wed 02-Oct-19 21:07:59

Wow Zoo those look amazing- well done Lil'Zoo (and well done you)! I wouldn't know where to begin with laminating etc ... ! That definitely deserve top marks!

Quiet on here today; hopefully everyone being productive! Waves to Lisette and Foxes and everyone else!

Very busy day today with builders fixing roof. Also did a couple of hours of "work" work (happily can do this from anywhere). I'm tired but thankfully electrics safe again after leak.

Just going to post links for tomorrow and shuffle off to my bed ... .

Slowchirp Wed 02-Oct-19 21:16:32

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Baby-step no.3 for Thurs 3rd Oct: here
Habit of the month for October focuses on: paper clutter

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Slowchirp Wed 02-Oct-19 21:17:46

I loved today's weather too! G'night all!

Bowerbird5 Wed 02-Oct-19 21:28:32

I could just put my hand in and snaffle one. Yummy. She should get loads of marks for making them from scratch.

Dressing gown: a couple of years ago I asked for a new one for Christmas but DH forgot. Repeated the following year my old was looking hacky even when newly washed. So we were in M&S just before Christmas and saw just the thing so he bought it there and then. It is deep purple and soft as soft. It has been washed a few times and still like new after two years. I think he did pay £30 but I was thinking if you could wait until Christmas and they had a whip around grin sorted.

Been a bit of a strange day. Stressful but DH said I could have anything I liked for tea as I had no breakfast and no lunch. We decided on bits and pieces like a Meze. Prawns, chicken pieces in a spicy sauce, olives, sundried tomatoes, sour bread, samphire etc etc and salad.Stuffed! I haven't been eating much, lucky if I eat a full meal a day so I didn't have room for Sticky Toffee Pudding or cheese and biscuits. Early to bed and I might be going away for two days with my DS2 as he was going to get a last minute deal but the prices went up and being part Scot he refused to pay it! He is having a staycation. Anti-Procrastination: filled in a form.

Bowerbird5 Wed 02-Oct-19 21:31:25

Laminating to me is cutting out small things or letters/numbers putting between two slices inside a card and waiting ages for machine in office to heat up then putting through x about 30 and spending three nights cutting the buggers out!

IVEgottheDECAF Wed 02-Oct-19 22:11:05

Bower 😍 i really like doing your kind of laminating i find it theraputic and i love the smell blush i also enjoy using the shredder a bit too much ....

LivingInLaputa Wed 02-Oct-19 22:26:59

Bit of a meh day, my ENT appt was pretty pointless as they can’t help. Hearing test picked up a slight loss in one ear though, I think it’s probably more likely due to having just had a cold? So I’m not worried, but they’ll repeat in six months anyway which is good.

I managed to find out about blood test for DD, and chased up my medical stuff with the MH team, and sorted a bit of laundry, yay.

Also started Inktober! It’s a challenge where you draw something based on a prompt word every day this month. smile

I love laminating! I need to get my printer sorted though, one of the many many things on the to do list

Bowerbird5 Wed 02-Oct-19 23:34:17

You two are mad!

I only like it if it gets me out of another job I don't like. mind you I have stood doing it for an hour more than once. Also there isn't much space and we are not allowed to take it out so you can't sit down at a desk and do it.I sometimes take my own in. People see you doing it and ask you to do there's too.
Shredder I like as you can stand and switch off and feed it. My one at home gets stuck or over heats after about 8 sheets. I use it for hen bedding.
DH has just told me not to stay up too long. I said "Yes, Mum!"

ChicCroissant Thu 03-Oct-19 00:01:39

<drools at tasty looking namesakes in zoo's oven>

Fab croissants, can't believe you made them from scratch with all the layers as well. I bet they taste gorgeous!

I was out this morning, met friends and then bought a gift I'll need for the weekend. Done 2 loads of laundry today, bit of washing up (but not finished) and a tad of ironing so we've all got something to wear tomorrow.

I've heard from the hospital (one phone call and one letter) about the couple of tests I was due to have - one is a bit of an awkward date so I'll see if I can change it.

Have made a list for tomorrow, now going to watch something inspiring and have a glass of wine before bed.

Catch you tomorrow (or later today, judging by the time now)

Slowchirp Thu 03-Oct-19 06:27:21

Morning peeps! <Leaves platter of pastries in kitchen. Spies Ned out of corner of eye. He looks hungry.>

I am off out to visit d🐎 and his mates grin . We are moving them in to another field so the one they are in can be harrowed and rested.

Then have "work" work (v boring editing) then a load of tidying and cleaning (proper list later).

Happy errand day everyone!

foxessocks Thu 03-Oct-19 07:13:57

zoo totally missed that you and your dd had made those from scratch - that is amazing!! Puts my chocolate tart yesterday to shame, it did taste ok but such a mess to look at , pastry is not my thing!!

Last night I actually sorted the dishwasher and tidied downstairs before I went up to bed to give myself a headstart on the day. I never normally do any housework once the dc are in bed but it only took ten minutes and I think it'll make a big difference. Fingers crossed for a smoother morning!

Have lovely days everyone

Bowerbird5 Thu 03-Oct-19 07:37:04

Mmmmmmmmm really fancy 🥐 🥐 for breakfast now.

Looks to see if any croissants 🥐 left in the naughty corner. Disappointed.

Wonders what the day brings.

Stilllivinginazoo Thu 03-Oct-19 08:31:41

bower I'm sorry about the lack of pastries!!lil zoo was fretful as they were a little flat they might be doughy so I pulled one apart and we tried it(purely for training purposes) it flaked perfectly so I think lamination was okk just need a higher percentage fat non dairy butter I think!all in all a 8/10 she took the remainder carefully wrapped in kitchen roll and foil in a bag to school(8) clearly labelled with allergy info(no eggs or milk.does contain wheat and almond milk) I have this allergy listing stuff down to a fine art now!!

Do been in bed since mid pm sulking about money<underpaid by work and will take a month or two to rectify>I gave up and slept downstairs on sofa.was bloody cold and I'm tired today!!had it not been for fact we need a lift to get as both girls due vaccinations and check ups and lil zoo has dance tonight <45 min walk each way,which we happy to do but nice to be lazy and have a lift now it's dark on the way home>I'd have told him to go home and sulk!!

So todays to do
Grab bread and milk/short walk with D's shortly
Get dp up(he's been in bed since 130 yesterday afternoonhmm)
Go vets
Reclaim kitchen from yesterday's baking
Decide on wtf I'm cooking for dinner as have misplaced menu plan<whoops>
Very tired so anything else on top if that will be a bonus!!

Bowerbird5 Thu 03-Oct-19 10:47:40

Ah Zoo you have a lot on. I have spent vital time looking for something important. Luckily after several hours both last night and this morning I have found a P60 they asked me for P45 and now DP informs me I wont have one. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I did say that last night. Luckily I showed him P60 and said will this do and not only that but I think it is the right date! I hope so because i can't find any other and might have ahhh de-cluttered it.

Feeling a little better this morning. Yesterday was harrowing! Can't go into details.

Son 2 has been at a loose end so he is going to take me away for two days to the Lake District. Bless him I think is worried about his mum.

IVEgottheDECAF Thu 03-Oct-19 11:03:45

What a lovely son you have there bower. He must have been brought up well grin

Zoo i would be livid if DP had been in bed that long and my DP lives here, yours doesnt! Cheeky shit hogging your bed! shock

Ta da

School run and shit
Dropped parcel at post office
Looked at cushions, throws, pictures etc in b&m but struggle to make decisions....
Wait for shopping delivery then put away
Pots washed
Washer on
Dryer on
Bathroom bin empty
Rehomed few bits lying around kitchen
Swept living rooms 1 & 2

ChicCroissant Thu 03-Oct-19 11:28:17

P60 is an annual certificate you get for tax purposes, a P45 is one you get at the end of employment Bower so I think the P60 is the right one indeed.

Morning fledglings! I had a large Lidl croissant this morning, not as good as the zoo one but the best I could do. Ploughing through my list and actually ticking things off today <gasp> 2 loads of laundry done, one email sent to hospital in an attempt to change appointment (they have picked my wedding anniversary when I was hoping to go out for a meal not starve for three hours smile ) and paid the milk bill and changed the delivery to a smaller amount of milk in recyclable glass bottles. They collect the bottles too, it's like childhood again grin

Will press on, catch you later.

Slowchirp Thu 03-Oct-19 12:06:37

Lunch break:
got back from d🐎 just after 11am and have done two hours straight. Just stopping to eat now and then do two more hrs until 3.30 pm , off to meet a man about some windows.

Waves to all and catch up later!

Slowchirp Thu 03-Oct-19 12:29:22

GAH, sorry, 2 hrs straight work, I meant, then window meeting.

Zoo does your dp work shifts/nights? I recently bought v reasonably priced blow up bed for teen visitors which is remarkably comfy. Could he buy something similar rather than take your bed? You need your sleep flowers

Bower sorry yesterday so stressful, how lovely of your son flowers. Could you make/freeze some chicken broth for yourself when stress is making it difficult to eat?

Great list I've particularly with tiny baby in tow star and presumably not much sleep

Well done re: evening tidy up Foxes , hope teeth/head pain has eased a bit

Glad appts through Chic

Sorry ENT appt crap Laputa love the sound of Inktober! grin

Waves to Toostressy Lisette Honu Expletive Tidy and everyone else I've missed!

Stilllivinginazoo Thu 03-Oct-19 16:39:10

He wasn't coping/getting wound up so cleared off home,promising to return to collect lil zoo for dance(I will accompany leaving dd2 in charge D's)
Lil zoo came in angry another kid bought in cream with her food and her croissants ended up dipped in that by those that are them(she did sneak one to herself)she got mad and yelled at me.compounded by wants friend over to make cake for a comp at school and they want Saturday,but if it's doing it needs to be Sunday for freshness and practicality as I've no money for ingredients til them
Dd2 had bad day and yelled at me

HELP
SEND CHOCOLATE

IVEgottheDECAF Thu 03-Oct-19 16:50:00

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

Poor zoo i would shout back blush

Stilllivinginazoo Thu 03-Oct-19 17:11:31

<devours multiple bars gratefully>
I've I was ok with lil zoo(some people love berries which you enjoy on their own,smothered in sugar and cream it doesn't mean the berries are any less delicious to either of you)dd2 I bellowed like a bull after attempts to get her to calm the fuck down by talking gently and sympathically failedsadshe accused me of being horrible,mean,unfair<I threatened take her phone if she kept a)yelling at me like that b) didn't get head out of bum and have snack/start homework>hands in air dramatically I'm clearly evilest witch there ever was.but meh....
She's upstairs now,probably chat mates on whatsapp,...thing is I've not paid bill and internet's due to go down at anytime<evil cackle>be back Sunday when I have money to pay it but in meantime no whatsapp,Snapchat,Instagram.bliss. hee hee hee<added bonus can't chat friends around world on fan accounts so there's no one available 24/7 to chat/distract from doing important coursework/revising tests that start in week or two>
And before anyone says she has mobile data it will last A COUPLE HOURS MAX amount social media she is connect to(her school whatapp account pings constantly!!)

In meantime,just wrestled lil zoo hair into ballet bun ready to go to dance!

Lisette1940 Thu 03-Oct-19 19:14:07

Croissants look yummy. 🥐🥐

Went to a Stately home today. All I could think about was the amount of dusting 😆

No flying done bar morning routine.

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 00:21:33

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Baby-step no.4 for Thurs 4th Oct: here

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 00:29:49

Long day.

Not much Flying here either Lisette (2 loads washing that's it) arf at the dusting observation! grin

[More chocolate for Zoo] Fellow evil witch here; although secretly quite happy that dd was snippy with me today because it's a sign she is feeling better grin

Waves to I've and everyone else; g'night!

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 00:40:19

P.S. Only look at baby-step link if you are feeling strong tomorrow morning ... I think Marla may have been indulging in the happy dust ... .

LivingInLaputa Fri 04-Oct-19 05:58:21

No post it notes here grin

I’m awake as Cagletini fell out of bed! 😳 it’s really cold in here too. She even said so herself when she woke up earlier. Things are definitely getting easier with her now that she’s able to express herself, she has a lot more words (well over 100) than the others did at that age.

We have a benefits advisor person coming round today to start reapplying for DLA. Really want to dig my heels in and refuse as I’m so sick of all this form filling and stuff. But it needs doing.

Luckily though the SEN organisation I spoke to yesterday convinced me that it would probably be the wrong time to apply for an EHCP for DD1 ourselves, and we should ask the school to do it as they’ll be assessing her ASAP anyway. Huge sigh of relief that it gets me out of doing it myself 😳 she reckons it’s worth applying for DS ourselves but we need to get DD1 settled first really.

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 04-Oct-19 06:21:34

<waves to Laputa>
It's cold here too!I should get up and be productive but it takes some adjustments to cold and dark mornings...in summer I love to be up at sunrise,birds singing and some quiet reflective time just enjoying that sunrise by myself.everyone sees winter sunrises so they aren't as special to me,plus half the time at least one zoolet needs shoving out the door schoolward at that point!!

Good luck with the paperwork.hurrah at suggestion school do DD set for you!I sent in D's DLA last week and posted initial application for EHCP paperwork in Tuesday....

Well,best get up.think I may make some porridge this morning.noticed yesterday have couple apples starting to wrinkle so was thinking cinnamon and a little brown sugar and chopped apple might get approval of dd2 --depends on temperament on waking,but if it's presented no options offered hoping to get away with it!

foxessocks Fri 04-Oct-19 06:50:02

zoo that's a great idea for porridge , my dc only ever want it plain confused and tbh in the morning I only have the patience for plain anything!!

Sc wow post it notes I think I'll skip that!

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 08:41:12

Morning!

Oh yes, post it notes grin! Sorry, I was looking at the eyes! Slight gleam of the obsessive there I think ... . It must be a terrible pressure to be Flylady mind you. Imagine inviting people around ...they'd be checking out your skirting boards for sure! Although. now she has made it big, perhaps she employs an army of cleaners and just pretends to follow her own system? wink

Can you tell I am bored? confused Very busy in the office this week and start of next, so I am doing yet more 'work' work (from afar because I want to see d🐎 again today!). It is tedious in the extreme. But not too bad if I can visit with he of the long face at lunch time.

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 04-Oct-19 09:01:59

SC calling your husband long faced is very uncharitablegrin(I know we are actually talking of your gorgeous equine boy)
Foxes mine will all eat it plain,but dd2 can be very difficult in the mornings these days so I try not to enrage the beast within and a little flavouring and brown sugar appears to help!!
Other options mine love-banana slices,mix spice and spoonful tahini(D's favourite)
*Pear,allspice and top few hazelnuts,chopped.
*Strawberry,vanilla and flaked almonds
*Blueberry,vanilla,coconut shards(not dedicated,sometimes called flaked?) and sunflower seeds
*Grated carrot,sultana,mix spice or cinnamon and nuts(carrot cake oats)<also nice as just soaked overnight oats,adding grated apple in the morning>

I cannot bear to eat once I'm up for a few hours,so quite ironic I make the effort for everyone else!dd2 needs something substantial-ruce Krispies are adored but she's "fading away starving" in under an hour...

As for cleaning...
Tada
Fed cats
Wash in
Empty bins
Sort littertray
Sweep kitchen floor
Make porridge
Wash on airer,more in
S+s
Wash up breakfast(and m in be and dd2 stuff from last night)

I realised lil zoo slept in her bun and the ten tonne of hairspray/mousse ment it was still fine so she went to school in it..necessary given she decided to do maths homework at 735,and at 745 dd2 was screeching at her to "hurry the fuck up or we will both be late"(uncharacteristically j let that slide as I was feeling the same tbh,it's not homework due in today)
Lil zoo left near hysterical refusing offers hug.no goodbye and stomped off down the road.i texted dd2 20mins later to be told she was "a dickhead all the way to school.glad of the 6hours I don't have to be with her and hope she's got her head out of her bum for the walk home" <I admit I felt dd2 pain>grin

LivingInLaputa Fri 04-Oct-19 09:06:39

Oh yes now I see what you mean sc grin

I got about 2.5 more hours. All bleary eyed now and am pinned under sleepy toddler again!

Zoo huge well done for sorting all that paperwork! I really hope it’s all accepted without appeals and stuff.

I have a small and gentle mostly admin related to do list to get on with when I get up. Trying to get the easy stuff done again as I’ve been ignoring the big scary stuff!

IVEgottheDECAF Fri 04-Oct-19 10:11:49

Only one of mine will entertain porridge. The other three will eat weetabix though. We go through so much cereal here. My porridge eater, apart from porridge only eat chocolate cereal blush The others will also eat plain shreddies, cheerios, crunchy nut so not quite as bad there!
That being said i hate porridge, and weetabix grin My breakfast is brew

Ta da

School run and shit
Washer on
Wheelie bin brought into garden
Window sill of crap cleared
Important email sent X2
Pots washed
Bottles washed and sterilised

Its freezing here. Dc1 tried going to school coatless in the pissing down rain. I think not mate.

I have a question re school blazers! How often do people wash them? I have been doing once a week but DP thinks i will ruin it (i dont know how though)

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 10:32:35

Gentle sounds good Laputa flowers and hope Cagletini has no ill effects from her rude awakening this morning!

grin Zoo grin. Although DH rather opposite of long-faced in fact! grin both in terms of shape and mood. He is one of those people unlike me who is permanently cheery! Great porridge ideas btw. And arf at "enraging the beast" -
- gosh I so get that. Nowt worse than a hangry teen. It's like feeding the lions. Take life in hands>poke plate through crack in door>scarper grin

Good luck to both of you with all the SEN-related paperwork. It always sounds so hideous a process and the opposite of user friendly sad

Waves to Foxes and everyone else. I am editing a very boring report that was written in English by an Italian on the most tedious subject known to man (think specifications of widgets) . Thank God it has a tight deadline or I would never make it to the end. Had better get back to it unfortunately... 👋

TGIF fledglings!

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 10:40:54

X post I've no blazers here but depends on fabric I reckon. Synthetic could take quite a bit of washing I think. Wool number with braid and fancy badge not so much. It's the collars, top of pocket and button placket (plaquet?) you have to watch as the interfacing puckers when washed a lot.

ChicCroissant Fri 04-Oct-19 12:53:54

<throws chocolate in zoo's direction>

MN has been off repeatedly for me this morning, also spent about an hour trying to buy concert tickets as it was so popular I couldn't get on - then when I did, the tickets available were standing only so I've gone for those. Concert not even until July 2020 after she's left school for the year <rolleyes> but will be part of her Christmas or birthday present due to exorbitant cost.

Laundry in process, have been good for me with admin work this week and have been firing off emails in all directions. Away Saturday night so need to start picking clothes and packing.

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 04-Oct-19 14:20:54

I've depends on type.ds had one with piping around edges and after fourth wash was starting to look but shabby.the girls ones are thinner and more robust
I expect them to wear deodorant and wash if stinky,fabreeze inside once a week and wash each term (if not needed before hand) on fairly delicate wash and hand on padded coat hanger to dry

SC hangry describes dd2 completely!!
Laputa slow and steady,everything done is something off the to do lovelyflowers
Chic I thought my phone was on one.ive struggled repeatedly to get onto MN today

I'm on a go slow.really tired today..I've snuck in a lay down this morning for 30 mins as felt sleepy but there are builders tackling subsidence in house over the road and they are very very noisy!
So cold i cooked lunch today(carrot,pepper and chickpea soup).sleepy again now.maybe my body is saying I should hibernate now it's getting colder and darker?grin

IVEgottheDECAF Fri 04-Oct-19 17:00:26

Blazer is polyester, nothing fancy. Looks ok so far. Blazer is worn at all times in school unless given permission to remove. Deodorant is an ongoing battle here envy (not envy)

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 18:17:21

Ta da:
over half a day of "work" work
big tidy up
laundry x 2 and hung up
made leek and potato soup
nattered to two farmers
brisk walk to neighbour and back
only saw dhorse for a short while today for various reasons but still, better than not at all!

I've I'm a firm believer in clear industrial vinegar sploshed on armpits of dh work shirts, sports -shirts, dd's school jumpers, my polo shirts etc for getting rid of whiff

Hope you can have a good rest this evening Zoo

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 04-Oct-19 18:29:54

I've IME that's a big thing.my girls are much more deodorant friendly,although lil zoo had to have it spelled out bluntly that she was stinky and needed to a)wash properly and b) use deodorant ON HER ARMPITS NOT HER CLOTHES!!all sorted now(sadly she does stink when sweaty and not deodorized)D's it's a daily nag reminder and he hates the feel of aerosol (cold) on his pits and roll on is harder for me to detect instantly if he's used it<sighs>
I do find fabreeze is good for a light freshen up but if you have a slightly soap dodging teen I'd be inclined to wash it low heat and hang up to dry weekly.last thing you want us him being picked on for being "the smelly kid"

Tada
Kids food nearly ready-pasta,cheesy sauce and cauliflower followed by strawberry jelly and tinned peaches

I'm having green bean and mushroom risotto tonight as it's been chilly and overcast here a day so the perfect excuse for some delicious comfort food

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 04-Oct-19 18:30:21

*boy thing

IVEgottheDECAF Fri 04-Oct-19 18:37:17

I frequently tell him when he stinks. And i am very blunt about it lol. Will stick to weekly wash and see how it goes!

ChicCroissant Fri 04-Oct-19 18:46:57

Polyester blazer with piping here too, also worn all the time - has lasted quite well, still wearing the same as last year. I don't wash it weekly, but it has had a few emergency, unscheduled washes. I don't think it would last long if it was washed weekly or we'd need more than one.

DD often needs to be reminded to shower/hairwash/deodorant and I find it really frustrating. Once she's in the bathroom, she is in there for ages though hmm I will probably look back on these days with fondness when she is in there spending hours on makeup or similar smile

Still doing laundry, not started any packing yet but only away for one night and not leaving until after lunch. Do need to sort out a decent outfit for DD, I bet none of her dresses fit her now.

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 18:54:29

Sorry for buggering up the baby-step late last night btw! The link and date were correct, but the day was not! blush

Posting links for tomorrow very early tonight as I am busy this evening!

Have a good night everyone!

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Baby-step no.5 for Sat 5th Oct: here

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Slowchirp Fri 04-Oct-19 18:56:50

Safe travelling Chic

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 04-Oct-19 19:06:44

FFS
<Flops in naughty corner>
Lil zoo has got my hackles fully up and I'm in kill,kill,kill mode<use ms hannigan voice from Annie>
Whining about not being able to have friend round to bake Saturday(I said possibly Sunday,despite making D's very stressed but friend can't do sunday).whining didn't want hot dinner.whining cauliflower was hard(D's said nothing and he has textural issues so it can't have been) whined about half a teaspoon of pasta water in bottom of her bowl and refuse finish her pasta and cheese and try start pud.i also get it in the neck as she wants to see another friend,who she's know for years but they were separated after bf changed schools as moved and they're back tog at secondary as her mum is tech in science lab) but said friend is now all cosy with her ex bf from primary who was a bloody nightmare being mates one min,not the next and constantly having lil zoo at her beck and call/on a string waiting to see if she would be her friend that day or not with no reasoning as to why.i hoped as they in different sides of secondary school things would calm down,but no.i removed child's number from lil zoo hangouts on tablet and dd2 change settings to stop lil zoo messengering her on various social media.but she's whitterinv about her tonight with her friend from years ago.you wouldn't think she had made a set of new friends in her class!!i am so angry I'm shaking and have no desire to cook or eat.ive warned dd2 to come finish homework downstairs(lil zoo been sent to bed) but dd2 refuses.it will only take one word to start a spat then I give up for today and am going to bed...

ChicCroissant Fri 04-Oct-19 19:23:16

I'm still here and still ineffective as we are going after Saturday lunch, should be back Sunday night. Quick trip back home for a family event.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »