Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cunning plan needed for cleaning a tiny pipe - does make sense honest.

(17 Posts)
looshkin Tue 07-Aug-07 17:56:23

Any ideas how to clean a tiny tube/straw inside a child's beaker (it is one of those no spill cups with an integral straw that pops up - bought from foreign parts by SIL). I would have thought a tiny brush (about 5mm wide and 6cm long) would do like a Sindy sized teat brush - any ideas if such a device exists/can be bought from???

Thanks

RBH Tue 07-Aug-07 17:57:27

Pipecleaners maybe?

moondog Tue 07-Aug-07 17:58:35

I suck up soapy water and spit back down several times.Without swallowing it obviously. They're a bugger aren't they?

MrsBadger Tue 07-Aug-07 17:59:14

pipecleaners v good idea, or you can get the tiny brushes with the toothbrushes in big pharmacies - I used to have them for cleaning round my braces.
Get a pack of replacement heads, attach to a bit of wire and poke through.

Perigrine Tue 07-Aug-07 17:59:34

Camelbak does a cleaning kit for their products that would clean this (it's a tiny little bottle brush on the end of a bendy extendible wire).

Perigrine Tue 07-Aug-07 18:01:29

have a look

kind of expensive though

Perigrine Tue 07-Aug-07 18:02:08

Good gracious, they have finally made links easy

JoMa Tue 07-Aug-07 18:02:43

a teat brush. you can get bottle brushes that have a smaller teat brush on the other end, perfect for the straw attachments on cups

littlelapin Tue 07-Aug-07 18:03:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoveMyGirls Tue 07-Aug-07 18:04:24

Cotton bud, cocktail stick? Leave the whole thing soaking over night.

ju Tue 07-Aug-07 18:16:55

Or a mouthpiece cleaner for a cornet mouthpiece ? Its like a teeny tiny weeny bottle brush, you get them from music shops where they sell brass instruments <ju shrugs her anorak off>

ju Tue 07-Aug-07 18:23:58

<waves at LMG before running off to Band Practice>

NotADragonOfSoup Tue 07-Aug-07 18:29:31

I'm going to say what immediately popped into my head on seeing the thread title even though the suggestion has already been made some what more politely by RBH. "Cleaning a pipe? Try a bloody pipe cleaner FFS!"

Although, TBH, I find that if you run water through them after each use, they're fine. It's only if you leave them and they go manky that cleaning is a problem.

imnot27 Tue 07-Aug-07 18:37:10

we use a little paintbrush, v good. Also, boil it in pan of water for 10 mins every month or so, just to nuke any nasties lurking in there!

RBH Tue 07-Aug-07 18:38:29

I hadn't even thought of it like that! Must buy pipecleaners now though for the little plastic starter cups cos they get nasty otherwise.

The other thing you could do is chuck them in sterilising solution overnight. I have resorted to that before!

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 07-Aug-07 18:42:37

those interdental little brushes called te pi or something -Swedish possibly - my dentist gave me some

looshkin Tue 07-Aug-07 20:54:03

Fantastic knew someone would have the answer - thanks for replies. Loosh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now