Talk

Advanced search

dishwasher - everything covered in milky powdery stuff

(8 Posts)
Tommy Thu 02-Aug-07 09:20:52

just emptying the dishwasher and the cutlery in particular is coated in a milky sort of film.

Any ideas what that could be?

Oenophile Thu 02-Aug-07 09:26:11

Hmmm have you got the rinse-aid topped up? Emptied the filter? has it got salt? I'm sure you've thought of all those, but I've occasionally had it happen too and it usually turned out to be no rinse-aid.

Alternatively, are you, like, me, in one of those areas where the water supply has only recently returned? Ours is milky in colour at present but I assumed it was just air in the system, and indeed it hasn't affected the dishwasher yet.

Tommy Thu 02-Aug-07 09:56:55

no water supply problems round here so it's not that.

TBH, the dishwasher is usully DH's responsibility so I have no idea if we have rinse aid and stuff in there!

It does look a bit like it could do with a clean though...

Furball Thu 02-Aug-07 09:58:19

was there anything obstructing the washer arms that spin. Sometimes a pan handle or big plate stops them turnig properly.

MrsBadger Thu 02-Aug-07 10:02:56

No clue on the film, but when it coems to grubby dishwashers I am lazy and buy dishwasher cleaner - you put the bottle upside down in the cutlery basket and run a hot cycle. It gleams.

Tommy Thu 02-Aug-07 10:26:41

have used that before MrsB - think it's time to go and get another one

traceukw1 Thu 02-Aug-07 12:45:28

Found this might help to answer your problem
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=225

Tommy Thu 02-Aug-07 12:50:55

thanks trace - that looks useful .

I'll show it to DH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now