Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cif stainless steel cleaner - does it work?

(9 Posts)
SpawnHorcrux Wed 01-Aug-07 21:26:11

I'm sure this post is unsurpassed in sheer yawn-worthiness, but I need a tough cleaner for our stainless steel hob splashback. It gets wiped with a hot soapy cloth every day, but is nevertheless developing a build-up of grease around the edges.

What cleaner would work best? The special Cif one, or maybe a cream cleaner (or would that be too abrasive?)

whomovedmychocolate Wed 01-Aug-07 22:01:33

Overpriced nonsense if you ask me. Get some el cheapo value range biological washing powder from the shops. Mix into a paste with boiling water (stir with a spoon not your hand ), paint it on with a brush, leave for an house, wipe off with kitchen towel and then wash over with soapy water, all the grease will be eaten by the enzymes in the washing powder and it'll also dissolve any limey deposits from the water you have been wiping it with for ages.

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Wed 01-Aug-07 22:03:05

WWMC - hijack here! So soz for not e-mailing you - rude of me! Will e-mail you soon! Hugs and Mwahs!

whomovedmychocolate Wed 01-Aug-07 22:04:05

You are posting on a SCRUBBER thread Crookshanks!

No-one is answering my other thread I'm on the unanswered and unloved list (sob)

whomovedmychocolate Wed 01-Aug-07 22:04:56

SH - btw that wasn't to imply that you were a scrubber in any way. But to deter Nikki from telling you how clean her kitchen is in comparison to my palace of grime

Jojay Wed 01-Aug-07 22:18:09

SH - not sure how good it is at removing grease, but a bit of baby oil will make your stainless steel lovely and shiny and streak free, once you've got the worst of the grease off.

babster Wed 01-Aug-07 22:21:58

According to my hairdresser it's the business for her stainless steel fridge

SpawnHorcrux Wed 01-Aug-07 22:23:29

WMMC - lol. I thought word had got out. That's a great tip re: the washing powder.

Jojay - I'm already a fan of the baby-oil. So satisfying isn't it?

binklehasflipped Wed 01-Aug-07 22:24:52

I use lemon juice and vinegar on mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now