Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning shower head

(11 Posts)
Skribble Tue 31-Jul-07 21:33:49

I managed to break the hose on my shower so while it is detached I thought I might as well clean the shower head, so what is the best way to do it, Anthea had some sort of polybage thing going on did she not, probably involving bicarb and lemon .

weebleswobble Tue 31-Jul-07 22:14:31

I clean mine by putting the shower head in a freezer bag with enough white vinegar to cover the head. Seal it with an elastic band and leave overnight. All the scale and gunk washes away.

MrsBadger Tue 31-Jul-07 22:16:26

i use evil descaling chemicals
usually soak it in the kettle so they both get done at once

Skribble Tue 31-Jul-07 22:25:01

Ah the vinegar in the bag that was the anthea one I was thinking of.

Mrs Badger how do you get the taste out of the kettle??, we don't get scale in the kettle here so never done that, mind you my travel kettle is all scaled up from damm english water and bottled water.

Skribble Tue 31-Jul-07 22:25:24

Does malt vinegar work ??? , all I have

weebleswobble Tue 31-Jul-07 22:31:58

There's only one way to find out

Put in equal amounts of water and vinegar. Don't fill the kettle more than about one third full or it will fizz up too much and make a bigger mess than the one in your kettle. Bring the kettle to the boil then leave it for about 1 hour. Then boil 2 or 3 times with fresh water and rinse with cold water a few times, then leave it to air.

moondog Tue 31-Jul-07 22:33:12

Poke pin into holes

MrsSnoek Tue 31-Jul-07 22:36:29

a good soak in Viakal and some old fashioned hard brushing will do the job beautifully....

Skribble Tue 31-Jul-07 22:40:50

I am not putting my plastic shower head in a perfectly good not scaled up kettle with malt vinegar and boiling it Imight try the bag though

weebleswobble Tue 31-Jul-07 22:41:48

Lol lol - that advice was for the travel kettle

Skribble Tue 31-Jul-07 22:46:10

Oh I can't be arsed getting it out he loft, I will be using it soon but with bottled water that gunks it up so not worth cleaning it is it, might cleanit after that though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now