Talk

Advanced search

how can i get washed in glue out of clothes?

(7 Posts)
indiasmum Tue 31-Jul-07 15:08:22

dh did craft with kids when i was at work one day and as i have just hung their best expensive boden tshirts on the line i have noticed they are covered in decoupage glue which has varnish in it. .

is there any way it will come out and how shall i go about it? or shall i just resign myself to fact they are ruined???

WideWebWitch Tue 31-Jul-07 15:16:25

howtocleananythign.com

indiasmum Tue 31-Jul-07 18:31:49

ah thanks. just looked on it but couldnt find anything. wicked site though, am going to add it to my favourites (i must be getting old!)

indiasmum Tue 31-Jul-07 20:38:12

bumpety bump

fizzbuzz Tue 31-Jul-07 21:21:36

No, don't think there is.

I,m a textiles and an art teacher, so I know my glues, and how to remove them!

Varnish is petrol based, so similar to gloss paint. Also, to deal with a stain effectively, you have to act as soon as stain happens, pref with cold water.

Unfortunately washing them in hot water, will probably have sealed stain in. Sorry

indiasmum Wed 01-Aug-07 12:55:21

not letting dh near the craft trolley again, or the washing. perhaps that was the plan

traceukw1 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:08:26

Adhesives - e.g. glue, Nail varnish
Use nail varnish remover/acetone (don’t use on synthetic fabrics such as acetates). Wash garment as instructed on fabric care label.

Found this of a website that gave you loads of info on removing stains.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now