Talk

Advanced search

Any musicians (especially pianists) out there? I need help with storing my music.

(4 Posts)
petunia Mon 30-Jul-07 17:05:29

I know the obvious thing would be a piano stool with storage, but the ones that I've been looking at are £100+. So is there anything anyone else uses e.g boxes. It really needs to be something that has a lid or is lockable, that DD3 (aged 15mths) can't get into.
Thanks for any suggestions.

flowerybeanbag Mon 30-Jul-07 17:08:35

petunia you can get lockable little mini filing cabinet type things from Staples like this that might work?
I keep all mine on a bookcase, but that probably wouldn't work for you if you need it shut away.

petunia Mon 30-Jul-07 17:55:40

I hadn't thought of a bookcase (perhaps the top shelf), but then most bookcase space has been taken in our house! That mini filing cabinet looks just the thing!

warthog Tue 31-Jul-07 13:34:10

thing is, most sheet music is larger than a4 size so i'd recommend locking it away in a cupboard and don't worry about storing it boxes. i once saw an amazing storage solution for sheet music - it had material edging so was flexible. have never seen it in a shop and have been keeping my eyes peeled ever since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now