Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I wash dry clean only Next suit trousers?

(7 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Sun 29-Jul-07 11:55:22

I urgently need them for court work tomorrow, and DD has food marks on them, they really need a wash.
Can I put them in the machine, just once? They are cotton material.

WendyWeber Sun 29-Jul-07 11:58:51

You probably can but they might shrink - if you sponge the marks off and then wash at the coolest temp there is and don't tumble dry they might be OK.

Bit iffy though...

PavlovtheCat Sun 29-Jul-07 12:00:47

ok. I have already just sponged them off and worn them...dont think I can get away with it this time. I might 'hand wash' them now and then hang them up to dry. I have another suit but the trousers on those are dirty too. It was sprung on me, dont usually work in court, and if I do, have more notice! so not much time to preapre for it.

Thanks, they are abit big, hehehe!

WendyWeber Sun 29-Jul-07 12:20:15

Mean to spring something like that on you!

Good luck then

oxocube Sun 29-Jul-07 17:23:55

I wash h's suit trousers in the machine on a wool wash at 30 degs even though it says dry clean only. They come out fine.

Furball Sun 29-Jul-07 17:30:55

I would do them on a short/wool cycle at either 0 or 30 degrees

PavlovtheCat Sun 29-Jul-07 21:46:48

thank you oxo and furball.
I have washed them, 'hand wash' cycle, they appear fine but are soaking so I might have to customise for tomorrow. I dont like not wearing matching suit jacket and trousers, but I have a really smart dress which is suitable, and one my suit jackets looks good over it, quite elegant. I will just look a bit more glamorous than I usually do! I dont have to wear jacket all day anyway, only in court room/running around the corridors chasing people.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Fingers crossed trousers are ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now