Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would it take you a couple of houseguests staying overnight for you to realise how grimy your house really is?

(17 Posts)
earlgrey Sun 29-Jul-07 08:43:52

Two effing days it took me to clear up. Two effin' days.

Budababe Sun 29-Jul-07 08:54:54

But I bet it is nice and clean and tidy now!

Join the Fly threads and keep on top of it a bit at a time - now that it is done it should be easy.

EscapeFrom Sun 29-Jul-07 08:56:21

hae har har

yes, probably.

Did you lie awake until 1am thinking "Oh God, the floors, the floors!"

earlgrey Sun 29-Jul-07 08:59:38

EF, how did you know that? They were the last bit, since it was raining hard in Oxford and dog would make them look like a mud bath soon as look at them. I also thought the limescale, the limescale!

earlgrey Sun 29-Jul-07 09:01:22

Budababe, I have about 12 messages in my inbox from Flylady every morning.

I just don't read them .......

puppydavies Sun 29-Jul-07 09:10:24

this is why we don't have houseguests

earlgrey Sun 29-Jul-07 09:12:35

This is why I was every so slightly (ha!) thinking of murdering H for agreeing to his American friends staying with absolutely no reference to me!

And bloody cooked breakfasts - if I'd have had time I would have asked MN how you do it for six and have everything ready all at the same time. Flipping impossible!

puppydavies Sun 29-Jul-07 09:15:03

ah i've only ever seen how it's done by my friend and her mum. it involves cooking the sausages in the oven, i remember that much...

elesbells Sun 29-Jul-07 09:17:53

pmsl at this. i had people to stay last weekend. i didnt know how dirty my house was

i found myself doing all the really menial jobs, cleaning under the beds and under the telly...though lord knows why my guests would look under my telly but hey ho.

popsycal Sun 29-Jul-07 09:23:31

Yes - takes me ages to sort the house out before anyone can Go Upstairs. Downstairs is normally 'lived in' but passable to most of my friends. However, I have been known to barricade my bedroom door shut and threaten ds1 with his life if he lets any friends so much as go with a few steps of my bedroom door......

Budababe Sun 29-Jul-07 09:24:23

Yes earlgrey - I get the e-mails too! And I delete them unread!

But I do sometimes just click on the thread on here and do whatever the task is. Haven't done for a while now though!

MIL arriving on Wednesday for 5 nights!

earlgrey Sun 29-Jul-07 09:36:19

elesbells, you mean to say you don't look under friends' tellies when you visit them? Really, I worry for you ......

elesbells Sun 29-Jul-07 09:46:52

no i dont, but i have been known to look under their beds for dust

winnie Sun 29-Jul-07 10:11:48

ha ha at this thread.
The prospect of a new man in my life is really focusing me on how grimy and shabby my house and garden is

EscapeFrom Sun 29-Jul-07 10:27:57

Earlgrey - breakfasts.

Cook sausages and bacon in the oven, and leave it in the oven until ready to serve. Allow about 20 minutes. Put fresh tomatoes on the same try - there's your tomatoes.

Mushrooms, fry in advance and put in oven with a knob of butter, covered, while the meats are cooking.

Beans - plastic or glass jug in the microwave. Get them done, then they only need a minute when ready to serve.

Warm your plates, cook your toast, fry your eggs and dish out, then put everything else out.

EscapeFrom Sun 29-Jul-07 10:30:39

I only know this because I used to cook in a cafe, by the way - don't get the impression that I am a fabulous hostess because I am really not.

earlgrey Sun 29-Jul-07 20:54:04

EF - Respect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now