Talk

Advanced search

How do I get rid of mould in my buggy?

(6 Posts)
Racers Fri 27-Jul-07 17:48:51

It's a Maclaren one and the cover is apparently handwash only. Have just discovered it's got a bit mouldy - any tips?
Thanks.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 27-Jul-07 19:38:35

Boil some water, dissolve biological washing powder and stain remover (Vanish is good), leave to cool a bit, it will foam. Use the foam to sponge down the fabric and leave out in the sun to dry.

crokky Fri 27-Jul-07 19:43:21

Does it look like it would get ruined from a trip in the washing machine? I always put things in the machine that are not machine washable. You could put on a delicate wash? Otherwise can you find out if Maclaren do replacement covers? eBay? Or buy a cheap buggy as a replacement?

Racers Fri 27-Jul-07 20:09:10

Thanks, will try the washing powder first and maybe risk the machine. It's not so awful that I'll buy a replacement, I think - will see what it is like when dried.
Thanks

TranquilaManana Sun 29-Jul-07 12:31:14

ie used anti-mould spray on mouldy upholstery in a car before. would it be bad to use that?

CarGirl Sun 29-Jul-07 12:32:39

mould & mildew remover usually works a treat on pushchirs, just try and inconspicous area first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now