Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dead mouse in oven insulation, what do I do?

(8 Posts)
cktwo Wed 25-Jul-07 20:02:00

Bloody cat has brought in live mouse, which has chosen to live in the insulation in the oven after he let it go in the kitchen. Only realised this when the thing started to smell.
Insurance won't pay out for rodent damage, so what should i do? Get a new one? Continue to use??
I haven't used the oven since we found out and I'm running out of stove top dinner ideas.
(catflap has been permanently locked since this episode)

Roskva Thu 26-Jul-07 09:17:36

Eeeeewwwwwwww.... I can't say I'd want to use an oven with a dead rodent anywhere near it. What kind of oven is it - stand alone or set in a cupboard? Can you get someone to pull it forwards and see if you can find the offending creature? Can you get someone to service the oven and remove the mouse while they're at it?

On the cooking front, a friend of mine uses one of these instead of an oven.

I knew there was a good reason I don't like cats

hippipotami Thu 26-Jul-07 14:30:41

How on earth did it get in there?? Don't quite understand exactly where it is. Is it between a built in oven and the cupboard? Or is it actually inside the back of the oven? If you have a built in oven than it should be easy to pull it forward out of the cupboard housing and remove the offending article.

Either way, I would do it sooner rather than later as it will become all maggotty and that must be awful... (urgh, have just come over all 'funny' at the thought)

cktwo Thu 26-Jul-07 16:24:07

Its a stand alone cooker. We've tried to find it but its burrowed up into the lining. The only reason we know its there is cos there was a pile of chewed insulation and dropping underneath. There various holes for ventilation I presume at the bottom of the oven that lead into the casing that its got into. We've searched under all the cupboards and thers no sign of it so it must be there.
Its doesn't smell now so I imagine its kinda dried out (eeeww!).

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 26-Jul-07 16:25:26

you can still use the oven! esp. as it has stopped smelling.

littlemissbossy Thu 26-Jul-07 16:29:44

eeeewwww!!! pest control company will remove it for you

MerlinsBeard Thu 26-Jul-07 16:40:20

pest control wil charge for removal of bodies. If it was me i would be saving to buy a new oven but i know thats not what you want to hear!

MerlinsBeard Thu 26-Jul-07 16:40:20

pest control wil charge for removal of bodies. If it was me i would be saving to buy a new oven but i know thats not what you want to hear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now