Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy one of those mop things that you put the wipes on........

(13 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 25-Jul-07 12:53:18

which you can then throw away?? I'm dreadful at getting round to mopping my bathroom floor and there are one or two "key" areas which get particularly mucky - DH suggested (and I think it's a fab idea) getting one of those mops that you put the wipes on (does anyone know what I'm on about???) just so I can keep the 'key areas' clean easily and not have to worry about doing the whole thing.

I think flash do one - but the one I saw in town yesterday was £18!!! Surely there must be something cheaper

SpacePuppy Wed 25-Jul-07 13:00:59

got mine at homebase. It has a small tank for water (soap etc) and a trigger, it comes with dry wipes, so you spray the area first and then mop, I also use the flash ones on it.

Roskva Wed 25-Jul-07 13:01:47

I wouldn't bother buying a special mop - you can actually swish a wipe around the floor with virtually any mop or broom - I use a decking broom that has stiff, short bristles.

prettymum Wed 25-Jul-07 13:02:53

ive been searching for one for ages but cant find them!!!

flowerybeanbag Wed 25-Jul-07 13:06:10

We got our from Homebase, but it's rubbish. Floor looks cleaner but is actually not clean at all - if you clean it with the flash thingummy, then spill some water and mop it up with kitchen roll, said kitchen roll comes up v dirty.
Old fashioned mop with elbow grease is needed.

bonkerz Wed 25-Jul-07 13:07:49

asda do a flat head mop that has detacjable cloth heads and we also use it with the disposable wipes.

chopchopbusybusy Wed 25-Jul-07 13:08:22

I've got one of these (bought from Tesco I think). I really wouldn't bother. They are not very strong and so it's difficult to really give an effective clean. Also the pad thingies are really only usable once and very expensive to buy.

I have tried loads of things for my kitchen floor (white tiles with tiny indentations IMO designed especially to gather dirt and bacteria ).

The only thing that works is to get down on my knees and give it a really good wash with micropore cloths - and occasionally when it gets just too depressing to look at with a scrubbing brush!

chopchopbusybusy Wed 25-Jul-07 13:09:54

I really don't mean micropore do I? That's a sort of elastoplast isn't it? I think I mean microfibre.

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 25-Jul-07 13:11:42

thing is I have a "normal" mop and bucket but it rarely sees the light of day it doesn't need to be particularly £effective" just look nicer

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 25-Jul-07 13:14:10

There is a Detol one which is much cheaper (as it is not battery powered like the flash one). I like it for a quick swoosh but still get a propper mop & bucket out for a good clean.

Don't know if they still sell the detol one.

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 25-Jul-07 13:19:16

The dettol does appear to be on their website anymore so I guess it has been discountinued. - they still do the refills though so yoiu may find it somewhere (it is called the 'easy mop'.

what about these wipes?

FunkyGlassSlipper Wed 25-Jul-07 20:54:16

Wilkinsons do them but most supermarkets will do. The type of mop you are talking about will do the job you are wanting it to.

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 25-Jul-07 20:56:52

thanks for all your replies. FGS (hmm interesting acroynm ) I had a look in Wilkinsons and Morrisons but couldn't see any.....apart from the outlandishly priced Flash one.

I don't want a fancy one - just something to keep the dodgy areas looking decent until I get round to giving the whole floor a good clean.

Shall have another look in Wilko's tomorrow though - and get DH to check homebase on his way to work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now