Talk

Advanced search

<<<<<<<<<Tuesday Fly>>>>&gt;>>>>&gt;>>

(41 Posts)
Aufish Tue 24-Jul-07 01:52:20

Good morning! Again I'm on early, am just going off to bed, have just finished doing a whole load of ironing and just had to clean out a load of slugs out of my conservatory! <boak>! Will be back on here later once I've had some sleep.

Jas Tue 24-Jul-07 06:07:50

Good moring Aufish, I hope you got some sleep.

Todaysmission.

shouldbe Tue 24-Jul-07 07:51:56

Good Morning (well, it's not great for me actually - dd came into my bed at about 1.30am then was joined by ds at 5.30, then dd announced she'd just done a wee in my bed cos she was too cosy to get up ) I am tired today already!

Never mind, I'll try to keep my spirits up.

It's my turn to help at pre-school today which is usually another anxiety ridden experience but I'm feeling pretty calm about it at the moment

Dd needs to make some cards fro her teachers after school today ready for the last day of term tomorrow so is sure to make a mess with the quanity of glitter etc she likes to use. I'll be hoovering it all up for the next 6 weeks I expect!

I'll be back after lunch.
Have a good morning

EHM Tue 24-Jul-07 07:59:43

morning aufish hope you get some sleep.Thanks for the thread.
jaslovely pics, thanks for sharing.how exciting i'll get to meet you in RL on Sunday.Thanks got the link.
shouldbe hope lo's are better for you today. are they over exciting about being on holiday from school/preschool?(ps youa re not coming to the picnic)

Done so far:
remove washing from airer hang on line
breakfast me & dd doing

To do:
wash & dress me & dd
text friend re: meet up today
make bed
2 loads of washing(basket was emptied yesterday)
iron clothes washed & dried today(that was clear last night clothes washed & dried yesterday)
decide what to cook for tea
s & s bathroom, downstairs loo & kitchen.

Right I am off Sun is shining not sure for how long.Have a good day ALL.x.

EHM Tue 24-Jul-07 08:00:35

shouldbe oh dear sorry you had such a horrible start to the day{hugs}

Jas Tue 24-Jul-07 08:06:38

I feel a list coming on....

Kitchen
washing x 2
wash up
s&s
clean hob
sweep and mop floor

sitting_room_
tidy
hoover
hamster

_dining_room

tidy
hoover
sort paperwork
clean up computer desk
clean monitor
put away dps tools
fish tank

stairs/landing_
hoover

_bathroom

S&S
put away dry clothes

my_room
mission(s)
tidy
hoover
wipe down

kids_room
15 mins general tidying
clean floor if we find it!

Extra
2 hours work
take kids to park
?go to cinema
shopping
Pay in dps wage cheque (forgot to do it yesterday and we need the money)
water tomatoes
clean out car

Jas Tue 24-Jul-07 08:06:38

I feel a list coming on....

Kitchen
washing x 2
wash up
s&s
clean hob
sweep and mop floor

sitting_room_
tidy
hoover
hamster

_dining_room

tidy
hoover
sort paperwork
clean up computer desk
clean monitor
put away dps tools
fish tank

stairs/landing_
hoover

_bathroom

S&S
put away dry clothes

my_room
mission(s)
tidy
hoover
wipe down

kids_room
15 mins general tidying
clean floor if we find it!

Extra
2 hours work
take kids to park
?go to cinema
shopping
Pay in dps wage cheque (forgot to do it yesterday and we need the money)
water tomatoes
clean out car

EHM Tue 24-Jul-07 09:46:26

Good Luck with the lists jas

Done so Far:
remove washing from airer hang on line
breakfast me & dd doing
wash & dress me & dd
text friend re: meet up today
make bed
1 loads of washing
clear away after breakfast
empty dw
load dw with breakfast stuff
s & s bathroom
s & s kitchen
hang out completed wash
pack snacks & lunch for ellie

To do:
meet friend with twins at 1030
iron clothes washed & dried today(that was clear last night clothes washed & dried yesterday)
decide what to cook for tea
s & s downstairs
2 further loads of washing even though I done 1

Off out have a great day all.x.

FoeGlassSlipper Tue 24-Jul-07 09:47:24

Morning all.

Sorry shouldbe but your DDs excuse made me smile

DH away again so might get some stuff done this week. Our bedroom is a pit since he got back last week as loads of stuff hasnt been put away. Out for a bit today but will try and get some housework done later...

grouchyoscar Tue 24-Jul-07 09:58:23

Morning Everybody

Happy start to the day, just got a mail from my mate in Brooklyn. That was a nice suprise

Done so far

Up and washed with Ed
Make our bed and draw curtains
Make Ed's bed and draw curtains
Downstairs with the laundry
Load wm
Empty dwe
Put away
Make breakfast
Watch Fraggle Rock (Yay)

Got to go to Tesco and get the ingredients for DH's birfthday cake (he's, gulp...40 on Thursday)

See you later

ludaloo Tue 24-Jul-07 10:15:11

Morning Everyone

Aufish I cannot believe you were still FLYing at almost 2am!! Now that is dedication!

I haven't caught up with the days I have missed yet but I hope everyone and theirs are well

shouldbe you are having a tough time with the little ones. I hope they get better for you soon xx

Well we are all back at home. DD2 has been Ill all weekend (managed to be sick in the middle of Iceland yesterday )
Today she has woken up covered from head to toe in a rash
DD2 woke early complaing of a headache and sore eyes. She has also been sick twice this morning and has very swollen glands They are both going to the doctors this afternoon.
I AM SICK TO DEATH OF ALL THESE BLINKIN BUGS

It is really beginning to wear us all down

Apart from considering locking all my peeps inside and never meeting another sole as long as we all live......

I have to:
~Do heaps of washing
~Clean guinea pigs out
~Tidy
~Do some paperwork/filing
~Post some letters
~Take kids to the doctors

We were going to The Royal Welsh today but as the girls are ill we have cancelled (mind you, I have heard it has been a bit of a wash out TBH...too much rain has meant mud galore, and a friend spent 4 hours just trying to get in!!! )Wouldn't be much fun with a pushchair and 3 small children I think

Anyhoo.... nice to be back catch you in a bit xx

Aufish Tue 24-Jul-07 11:36:04

I'm back but am still not properly awake. Just sat down after pegging out a huge pile of drying that I just was not able to catch up with the dryer, another load is in the machine though.

My to do list:

Get myself showered and dressed
more washing and drying
get the kids to do the exciting job of sorting socks, (they enjoy it!)
wash up and dry up
hoover and polish
wipe around kitchen
clean the hob

Am hoping to get the rest of the washing done today and that weather keeps dry so then the tumble dryer has break! Right I'm off to get on with it all. Will be back with an update. Oh yes, quick question, anybody got any idea of how to stop slugs getting into the conservatory? Thanks!

ludaloo Tue 24-Jul-07 11:36:24

Hi again...ooooh you are all busy today

I have...

~Do heaps of washing 2 loads so far
~Clean guinea pigs out
~Tidy doing
~Do some paperwork/filing done
~Post some letters
~Take kids to the doctors

Off to eat now!

ludaloo Tue 24-Jul-07 11:38:21

Aufish you could try putting a bowl of beer near the door....the slugs get distracted by the beer...and then consequently drown...but hopefully don't make it in!
Or a line of salt along the outside of the patio doors?

ludaloo Tue 24-Jul-07 11:45:35

DD1 has flaked out on the sofa...has been sick again but the poor little sprocket has nothing left to bring up!

EHM Tue 24-Jul-07 13:00:03

luda I am so sorry to hear your lo's are poorly again{{{{{hugs}}}} to you & your lo's. It does get you down when they are ill.(ps when I read your post I thought that you where on holiday in Iceland, then realised it was the shop. 'Thats why mums go to Iceland!')

Hi to grouchy & foeglassslipper

Back from meeting friend about 5 mins ago. Its very warm & muggy outside. 1 more load in the machine just going to check washing on line as it maybe dry. Then lunch for me & ellie.

Have a nice afternoon all.x.

ludaloo Tue 24-Jul-07 13:08:41

EHM I wish I was in Iceland! I can't imagine many bugs thrive out there!!

I'm just debating whether to drag DD1 out to the doctors...she is fast asleep again. DD2 looks like a pin cushion but is fine in herself. I'm just a bit worried by the size of DD1's glands!!!!!

I think I'll do a bit more tidying...

I hate it when they are ill, I want to scrub the house, rip the carpets up, jet wash the place and then quaranteen everyone. I have even considered putting a disinfectant tray by each door!!!

shouldbe how you getting on?? Are the kids any better today?
I've been trying to get on MSN all day but it won't let me log on for some reason.

Well better get on

ludaloo Tue 24-Jul-07 13:28:09

you can tell I'm back can't you...<<<<<thread hogger alert!>>>>>

I'm off to the docs in a mo...decided it is probably better to get them looked at...just to be on the safe side.

See you later

shouldbe Tue 24-Jul-07 14:07:08

Hello Luda good to have you back Hope to catch you soon on MSN. I now have a facebook page too with pic of the kids etc, you should sign up (I need more friends on there) I'm sorry your los are poorly again - I really hope it passes quickly for you all.

I'm going through one of those phases when I don't like dd very much which is really hard because of course I love her but she's really pushing me to the limit every day and it all makes me very I'm not feeling like a very successful mother at the moment

I'm back from my morning out Pre-school was fun and I was fine, very little anxiety so I'm about that.

I need to get some washing out on the line while the sun is shining. The rest of the house will have to wait. The floods in the nearest town have gone down so the town centre is open again, I'm going to try to get to the supermarket later (hopefully there'll be time between dh getting home and going out again)

Jas there's a local strike going on at the PO depot in Oxford so I'm waiting for that to pass before I send you the shoes - hope to get them off before too long, sorry.

Back later x

julezboo Tue 24-Jul-07 14:45:19

Afternoon all

Late sign in from me today, we met up with some friends in soft play this morning, came home and had lunch! DS put a dvd on whilst I went to lay on the bed with baby to get him asleep... This was at noon!

the phone just woke us up not one of us will sleep tonight, even ds had fell asleep watching his dvd.

Ive just put a wash on and another load of drying, think I'll write off today as a fly day and just shine my sink before bed, the weather is lovely so Im gonna walk down the park with the kids!

sb sorry about your poop night

luda welcome back, but sorry your kids are poorly again, we went through the same a few weeks back, I have the sniffles still but I think we have eventually got over it all.

aufish are you mad ironing at 1am!!!

waves to all

Aufish Tue 24-Jul-07 15:41:55

I think that yes I am mad! will not be doing it again tonight though as am really struggling today. Have only just sat down as I've been getting on with the mountain of washing and have now been ordered by the other half that I am not to do anything else but do the tea tonight. The ironing will wait. Thanks for the tips regarding the slugs by the way, will do the salt thing and see how that goes.

julezboo Tue 24-Jul-07 15:49:46

forgot to say aufish ti did the beer thing, but I did put salt along the bottom of our backdoor and it works, but you do have to do it everynight!

yaddayah Tue 24-Jul-07 16:24:19

quick wave to all
luda hope your dc's are better soon

just doing a mountain of ironing while dc's watch wallace and grommit (have tired them out at the park all day ....

bliss .. they're on bean bags totally zonked out

yaddayah Tue 24-Jul-07 16:25:55

slugs go all fizzy when you add salt

bleugh

[scientific emoticon]

EHM Tue 24-Jul-07 16:46:28

luda good luck at the quacks with the lo's.
shouldbe don't be too hard on yourself. I always think that lo's know that we love them regardless thats why they misbehave.If you where a bad mum you wouldn't care how your dd behaved & you wouldn't feel like crap about it. Hope your afternoon is better.{{hugs}}
<<waves>> back to yadd*
*julez
enjoy the park
aufish good luck with the slugs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: