Talk

Advanced search

Fairy dishwasher capsules problems!

(9 Posts)
tobee Thu 23-May-19 20:45:25

I bought a new mini chopper a few months ago. It's advertised as dishwasher safe. However the red lid's plastic surface has become pitted.

Was wondering if anyone has this problem and uses Fairy dishwasher capsules? Or something else?

My elderly saucepan exterior surface is pitted.

SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated Fri 24-May-19 00:17:32

Pitting is usually caused by a build up of too much salt. Are you using separate salt in your machine as well as the salt that is automatically built-in to the Fairy capsules?

tobee Fri 24-May-19 02:20:56

Ah! Yes! Thanks for that! Would that be for both items @SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated ?

IncyWincyGrownUp Fri 24-May-19 15:31:10

I’ve just stopped using fairy, the last batch were dreadfully inadequate. Trying finish now.

SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated Fri 24-May-19 20:27:54

@tobee I would say too much salt for both your items. We stopped putting a lot of stuff in our dishwasher because the surfaces of different items were being damaged/marked in it. We ended up hand washing a lot of them (which kind of defeated the purpose of having a dishwasher!)

dementedpixie Fri 24-May-19 20:34:06

You can adjust the salt setting on the dishwasher depending on how soft your water is. I use salt plus fairy capsules and don't have those issues

tobee Sat 25-May-19 16:22:34

Thanks @IncyWincyGrownUp, @dementedpixie and @SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated once more!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 25-May-19 20:15:57

Are you using the lemon ones? I've read that lemon can damage metal (and I don't like the taste on dishes)

I'm using Tesco at the moment , doing a good job.

tobee Sat 25-May-19 20:47:53

Thank you @70isaLimitNotaTarget . I've tended to use the ones on special offer and I think they have been lemon ones yes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »