Talk

Advanced search

Best way to poison mice? (Buddhists, look away now.)

(6 Posts)
Pruners Fri 20-Jul-07 08:25:51

Message withdrawn

chopster Fri 20-Jul-07 08:28:40

I didn't poison because I was worried about dead mice smelling under the floorbaords or units. Old fashioned spring traps work really well, and at least you know where the dead mice are!

Furball Fri 20-Jul-07 08:28:49

I'd buy old fashioned mouse traps and put chocolate (what a waste!) on them. The problems with poison is they wonder off and die slowly and painfully behind your skirting boards and then are left to rot. Yuck. Mousetraps also are a quick ending for the mouse.

southeastastra Fri 20-Jul-07 08:32:58

we have a 'mouser' they eat the stuff and then go back to the nest to die. not nice but dp's comic collection was at risk

oxocube Fri 20-Jul-07 08:35:29

I use a brand called POKON. The mice eat it and die and it shrivels up their insides and dries them out so you don't get the smell! Sorry if TMI but it seems to work

SweetyDarling Fri 20-Jul-07 08:36:56

When I was TTC, i had lots of my pill left over so started dropping it though the floor boards - the idea being that at least they wouldn't breed so fast. Didn't work though - they just got fat, and probably moody!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now