Talk

Advanced search

Decorating

(11 Posts)
Ducie Thu 19-Jul-07 22:04:42

Some suggestions, please, on farrow and ball paint colours for kitchen cupboards in a wood-floored kitchen (grey-ish oak) that faces south-west. Already have French Gray on a dresser ... am now losing the plot, having looked at too many colour cards...

lazymoo Thu 19-Jul-07 23:00:47

We have just painted our back room in Hardwick White I want to accent with Blazer but dh wants Babouche. He is away next week, therefore I will win. If I was you though I would go with Hardwick White, it comes up a sort of a pale bluey silver.

Pannacotta Thu 19-Jul-07 23:15:21

We have Dimity on our units, Lime White on the walls, our kitchen also faces South West and both colours look good in there.

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Thu 19-Jul-07 23:15:51

poncetastic

Pannacotta Thu 19-Jul-07 23:17:47

Forgot to say we also have wood floor (reclaimed pine which is slightly pink not orangey and beech worktops which are similar colour to the floor).
Oak is bit more yellow based then beech and our pine floor, so perhaps Lime WHite or another slightly green toned neutral such as String would look good.

Ducie Fri 20-Jul-07 13:09:41

First time I have posted a message on here and thanks - I'm checking out all the suggestions, all sounding good!

UCM Fri 20-Jul-07 13:11:56

MMJ I was trying to think of a word then and you summed it up Thank you ever so much.

mumblechum Fri 20-Jul-07 13:13:18

Lazymoo, if it's any help, we had our garden room painted in Babouche and it looked horrid, v. sherbert lemony.

mumblechum Fri 20-Jul-07 13:14:25

Anothr lime white type is pale hound which we have on our kitchen walls. Looks really good.

Ducie Fri 20-Jul-07 13:23:32

Another room ... suggestions please as to the effect of F & B's Ointment Pink ??? (In a north facing hall...)

lazymoo Fri 20-Jul-07 17:49:44

Thankyou mumblechum, I will tell him what you said.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: