Talk

Advanced search

*****~~~~~Thursday FLY~~~~~*****

(55 Posts)
SimplySparkling Thu 19-Jul-07 07:15:50

mission

SimplySparkling Thu 19-Jul-07 07:18:51

Bore da pawb! Morning all!

Dh was up early today so I got up too. Off to get showered and dressed and then I'll come back and post again. See you later!

Jas Thu 19-Jul-07 07:35:36

good morning Simply. You have the symetry of the thread title sorted out nicely today

Is it worrying that I notice this

Last day at school for the dds today, so I really want to have a blitz. Also have to go and work for a couple of hours this morning, and go to the bank

Jas Thu 19-Jul-07 07:37:30

symmetry

FoeGlassSlipper Thu 19-Jul-07 07:56:40

Morning guys

Today's mission was on my list of things to do when the girls go to bed tonight.

Off out this morning but I need to get the spare bedroom sorted out and get all towels etc ready for guests. Plus do the main bathroom so it sparkles

FoeGlassSlipper Thu 19-Jul-07 07:57:25

PS. Jas - when I have 5 mins I'll drop you an email....lots going on and it will be nice to offload

Jas Thu 19-Jul-07 07:59:49

I'm always here GS

shouldbemorecareful Thu 19-Jul-07 08:08:35

Morning simply, Jas, glass and all

lol Jas, I noticed the thread title symmetry too I'm happy to post you the red shoes - if you email me your address I'll get them off to you

glass you're doing well - just read through and saw you were up blitzing your kitchen last night Visitors can be very handy in making sure you get the house tidy!

I have some friends coming for lunch and the afternoon today which will be fun. I'll run the hoover round in preparation but have kept on top of things enough top not need to do much more I've stripped the beds andthe first load of washing is on. Doubt I'll get much else done today - I also need to go and do my stint at the school so won't really be home much this morning.
See you later x

SimplySparkling Thu 19-Jul-07 08:37:51

Hi Jas, shouldbe and GS.

Aha, thread symmetry, eh? In my defence, I was worried that luda would have a man she has never seen before turn up on her doorstep before 8am with boxes galore! That, plus the fact that I'd said to myself 5 stars then 5 wiggles and forgot to reverse it for the end of the wording!

I didn't sleep as much as I should have last night as I went to bed late and got up early. I have to wait in for our new PC to arrive but that should be this a.m.

Done:-
~ One load in w/m and on line

My list:-
~ wait in for delivery
~ more washing to do incl some waterproof clothing that needs a wash
~ sew up waterproof coat hood where it has come apart
~ empty washing basket
~ do hand washing
~ really tidy up kitchen
~ look at au pair website again - I found one new one late last night and have e-mailed her. Time will tell whether I came across as really open and friendly or as an I-don't-know-what!
~ hoover throughout
~ post item back to Tesco
~ place Lakeland order and ring about faulty items
~ look for my Hawkshead voucher and see if it's still ok to spend it
~ clean some windows

ludaloo Thu 19-Jul-07 09:05:11

LOL!!! I soooooo didn't notice the thread title unsymmetry!....or symmetry...although I do try to get the same amount of squiggles each side when I do it.

Right well....deep breath....

~Wash/Iron/Pack (shit it!)didn't get any done yesterday...went to bed early with a flamin migraine first one since I have been on medication!
~Tidy car out
~Get diesel
~Get electric tokens
~Make DD1 a hair appointment(hopefully)
~Empty bins
~Feed kids
~Feed animals
~Pack Car
~OH POO! Wrap presents
~Tidy house
~Clean bathroom (quickly)
~Find the blow up bed and spare duvet
~Have a nervous breakdown
~Pack makeup, hair stuff, straighteners, dryer, toiletries (just putting this as an extra packing reminder as last time we went away I forgot the toiletries )

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

shouldbemorecareful Thu 19-Jul-07 09:07:07

simply The symmentry <<sigh>> ...not important at all but the kind of silly detail I always seem to pick up on! You have quite a list today. I hope you have some luck with finding an au pair. I approached a teenager we know to come and help with/take out the kids for one afternoon a week during the holidays - she sounded quite keen so I hope we can work something out!

The sun is shining here today - it's a beautiful morning but it's showing up the state of my windows so I could do with cleaning mine too...not a job I'm very good at

I don't need to be at the school till 11 so have a couple of hours to get on a bit. I'm going to hoover downstairs, get a few bits done in the garden and I may even make a cake

shouldbemorecareful Thu 19-Jul-07 09:09:58

Hi Luda Hope you get through your list. Sorry to hear you had a migrane - probably just brought on by stressing about going away - hope it's gone now? x

julezboo Thu 19-Jul-07 10:13:50

Morning all!!

SS are you in wales??

luda hope your migraine gets better!

Baby just filled his nappy so have to be quick!

Done
~ school run
~ post office to pick up my parcel
~ fed Ds
~ had breakfast
~ one load in WM

to do
~ general tidy round everywhere
~ start packing for trip to mums at the weekend
~ hoover
~ put clothes away!

Not much to do today really.

Have a good day all xxx

SimplySparkling Thu 19-Jul-07 10:54:07

julez Yep!

luda I hope you're feeling better now and are able to get through your long list.

shouldbe I like things to be correct and not jarring on the eye, too! Some of the outfits dh used to put on the kids when I'd asked him to get out clothes and dress them! I buy his shirts and trousers for work with him in attendance, of course.

I'm getting on with things okay today.

Done:-
~ wait in for delivery # delivered
~ empty washing basket
~ do hand washing
~ look at au pair website again

yaddayah Thu 19-Jul-07 11:15:59

Hi all Busy day today, have DD's nurseries end of term picnic, then one of ds's friends is over for dinner, Have 45 mins to tidy kitchen, get dd dressed (again) she's pretending she's swimming at the mo. and make a picnic lunch

Have a good day all !

ludaloo Thu 19-Jul-07 11:38:17

Hello

Thanks to everyone

I have some mega pain relief tablets under prescription, I took one last night as I went to bed and then slept it off. Just woke up groggy this morning. I'm not feeling too bad now.

My list is going very slowly!!!!!

Tried to wrap presents but spent most the morning hunting for tape gave up and borrowed some off my neighbour! Got half way though and ran out of paper
Half the pressies are wrapped in a nice glittery silver paper...the other two bits are wrapped in pink happy birthday paper! (I'm sure they won't mind [fingers crossed emoticon])I've no time to go anywhere to get more!

Started packing and can't find the suit protector hanger thing (you know the bag type things with a zip...which goes over suits and the likes once they are on a hanger)Will have to make one from a bin liner

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.....not going very well lol!!

RGPargy Thu 19-Jul-07 11:39:25

What is this "fly" bizniss?????

SimplySparkling Thu 19-Jul-07 11:52:18

luda It is annoying when you can't find or run out of things, I know. I can always find my sellotape but that's because I have 2 rolls on my very cluttered PC desk top. It's a disgrace!

RGPargy Great name. Flip the thread to the OP and use the link to take you to the flylady website. Basically it's there to support and encourage anyone for whom housework doesn't come naturally. I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying that.

mylastrolo Thu 19-Jul-07 11:58:07

hi ladies:

to do list:
wrap birthday pressie
teachers pressies
nursery gifts
post off £60.00 fine for speeding not fair it slowed me down big style!!!
went to police station am

put mamoth pile of ironing away cannot see dinning-room table.

last box of ironing
bag to charity shop

unlaod dishwasher

collect d/d friend looking after her as her school closing half day
clooect d/d from short tennis
bring d/d to party

I'm exhuasted looking at this list

SimplySparkling Thu 19-Jul-07 12:05:43

mylastrolo I have a long list of to-dos too!

My list:-
~ more washing to do incl some waterproof clothing that needs a wash
~ sew up waterproof coat hood where it has come apart
~ really tidy up kitchen
~ hoover throughout
~ post item back to Tesco
~ place Lakeland order and ring about faulty items
~ look for my Hawkshead voucher and see if it's still ok to spend it
~ clean some windows

Right. Cup of coffee finished so must get back to it. See you later.

mylastrolo Thu 19-Jul-07 12:25:06

simply you have a busy list to get through mine is all on the go with achieving very little.

i could just sleep today yawn icon

SimplySparkling Thu 19-Jul-07 13:34:12

How are you doing by now mylastrolo? At the risk of sounding like I'm on commission, I can recommend my new book on time management for mums. If you're interested in maybe getting it out of the library, post and I'll give you the title and author's name.

ludaloo Thu 19-Jul-07 13:34:35

Hello

~Wash/Iron/Pack (shit it!)didn't get any done yesterday...went to bed early with a flamin migraine first one since I have been on medication! washing finally done, packing half done, ironing not done yet
~Tidy car out
~Get diesel done
~Get electric tokens done
~Make DD1 a hair appointment(hopefully) can't fit her in (I always leave things till the last minute...I'll have to just trim her fringe )
~Empty bins
~Feed kids
~Feed animals
~Pack Car
~OH POO! Wrap presents done
~Tidy house doing
~Clean bathroom (quickly)
~Find the blow up bed and spare duvet done
~Have a nervous breakdown doing
~Pack makeup, hair stuff, straighteners, dryer, toiletries (just putting this as an extra packing reminder as last time we went away I forgot the toiletries ) done

Phew...not going that bad now...just ironing and finishing packing to go...and the car...and last whip round and feed everything.

tortoise Thu 19-Jul-07 13:47:12

Hi all.
Im not about much now to post of FLY. i will pop in when i am about but other than that i probably won't be posting much.(No point in the eve really, no-one is about!)
Don't have time to use the comp during the day very often and when i do i sit here too long.
Still be about in the evenings as normal though!
DD1 had her last morning at pre-school today.
DD2's birthday next wednesday. Still need to buy her presents!
See you around. Will post whenever i can.

julezboo Thu 19-Jul-07 14:08:28

Aww tort ! Have a good summer with your LO's!

You will be missed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now