Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me organise my house!

(5 Posts)
Lazylou Wed 18-Jul-07 16:55:07

I don't live in a particularly big home but I am finding it really hard to keep on top of all the housework. There is stuff piled on every surface, it has nowhere to go. There are clothes strewn about all over the place due to lack of space for wardrobes. DD has taken to wearing everything she owns everyday and I am struggling to keep up with the washing. I can't seem to get motivated.

I have tried FLYing three or four times now and although the girls on there are so supportive, I always find myself slipping back to chaos. DH is always moody because the place is a mess, not that he does anything about it. I'm so fed up with it all.

I work full time and attend uni (considered a full time degree)and there just aren't enough hours in the day.

What can I do to sort it out? Despite working full time, all my money goes on DD's nursery fees and bills (waiting for tax credits to be sorted out) so there isn't really any for any storage, nor is there the space. I would post pics but 1) I don't want to give away who I am and 2) it's just too embarrassing.

Please help!

MamaG Wed 18-Jul-07 16:55:48

1.chuck chuck CHUCK AWAY your crap

2. you do NOT need 50 barbies/cars/whatever

meandmyflyingmachine Wed 18-Jul-07 16:58:38

Make a rota. Put your DH on it.

OhNo40 Wed 18-Jul-07 17:04:08

Its Homebases 10% off day on Friday/Saturday. Could you invest in some of those plastic storage bins (with or without lids) that you could stack in a corner/garage until people realise they can live without the contents?

SimplySparkling Wed 18-Jul-07 17:18:42

Lazylou I am you and you are me. Ok. Not really. But I was where you are now and I'm now a bit further along the tunnel to the light at the end. I've stuck with the FLY thread even though I don't actually do FLYing, the motivation on the thread helps me. Be realistic. Think of the limited time you have and split it up as if it were a work/uni project. Set yourself a goal far enough ahead for it to be doable. Mine is the end of 2007 and I've been at it for many months. I don't know how many. If I thought about it, I'd be downhearted. Just think about what you want to achieve. This book might be right for you. It is helping me. "Get control of your life in 7 weeks. Time management for manic mums" by Allison Mitchell. I got mine from Amazon after getting it out from the library (it's 50p to order it in in my library, £3 at my sister's library so I bought her a copy when I bought mine). Hth. I don't often say this but CAT me if you want or I'll CAT you if you want me to. It can be done. Okay, I have it easy because I work part time and I'm not doing a degree but I can support you if you'd like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now