Jas Tue 17-Jul-07 06:50:44

Only two threads started. I'm slacking

Well done on your ironathon mylastrolo

Aufish Tue 17-Jul-07 07:07:00

Sorry Jas! *hangs head in shame*

FoeGlassSlipper Tue 17-Jul-07 07:30:31

Morning all.

Hope DD is feeling ok Gibberish

No Flying yesterday but it's amazing how a day without dh in the house makes the plcae much tidier

The missions this week seem quite good so I'm going to try and do them.

I have sorted out the dishwasher and washing machine already. No need to plan tonight's dinner as it's just me and the girls which is easy.

Now if anyone is lacking a job go and get your bath toys and was them seeing as we're in the bathroom this week.

shouldbe Tue 17-Jul-07 07:57:45

Morning all

I had quite a good day yesterday and managed to stay on top of things around the house even though we were out most of the day My mission for this week (as long as I can keep up with the rest of the house) is to concentrate on clearing out the spare room/office...not really feeling v motivated right now but hope to be able to have a spurt of energy once I've had a cycle ride and some breakfast.

See you all later x

shouldbe Tue 17-Jul-07 09:05:26

OK, I'm back from my bike ride (couple of lbs back on this week so I need to work harder again), kids are at school/pre-school so I have no excuses now to stop me from getting on! (except that the computer is in the spare room so it'll be very tempting to keep checking MN etc lol)

So, the spare room. This week I need to~
~clear stuff from the bed
~wash and re-make bedding
~sort through chests of drawers (2 small sets)
~sort through storage boxes (God knows what's in them...)
~try to look in drawers under bed (not sure they'll even open)
~work out how/where to store the increasing amounts of paperwork dh needs for work...
~hoover and dust
~drop of any donations at the charity shop

Looks a short list but I think it'll take me some time to plough through...better get on!

FoeGlassSlipper Tue 17-Jul-07 09:33:36

I managed to clean the ensuite bathroom all over so I'm quite pleased. Now just need to clean the main bathroom and keep it clean for visitors this weekend

yaddayah Tue 17-Jul-07 09:37:51

Morning !
Hope everyone is fine and dandy

Haven't done anything today (bar school run)

Tesco delivery imminent so off to check the fridge

julezboo Tue 17-Jul-07 10:06:51

Morning all!

Have to be quick baby is fussing! I was up all night with a stupid dry tickly cough, ended up sleeping sitting up on the sofa!

15 min birsts from me today Im off out at 11 to visit my friend and teacher present shopping!

Have a good day all

J x

shouldbe Tue 17-Jul-07 10:17:42

Bugger! Just really hurt myself by falling when standing on a chair to reach up to the top of a wardrobe owwww!
with myself now.

shouldbemorecareful Tue 17-Jul-07 10:31:22

Have found that falling off a chair is a good excuse to sit and have a cup of tea and a bit of MN time

Will get back to work in a minute, the aches are easing now - thank goodness! Will need a nice warm bath at some point though...

yaddayah Tue 17-Jul-07 10:37:05

like the name change !

julezboo Tue 17-Jul-07 10:37:15

sb poor you!!! I was very accident prone yesterday, sliced my finger open with a knife, got a peice of glass in my foot, almost knocked a cyclist over broke my car going over speed bumps, trapped my finger in the pram!

Woke up with a huge bruise on my foot today and a really sore throat.

Ive done my 15 mins in living room and kitchen, made beds and s+s bathroom.

Will do some more later. Im off out now in the stupid rain (i hate rain) I used to like it but too much all at once!

Have a good day all xxx

shouldbemorecareful Tue 17-Jul-07 10:40:25

thanks yadda

julez poor you! Hope you have a less accident prone day today

I really shouldbe getting on again but am finding this room way to difficult to tackle - where do I put everything as I sort through it?...there's so much junk in here Must get it sorted and then never let it get this bad again.

yaddayah Tue 17-Jul-07 10:41:11

julez all in one day !! Crikey !

Am now sitting waiting for this bleeding tesco man to arrive (v hungry and have also run out of milk so can't even have a cup of tea )

Shoobiedoo Tue 17-Jul-07 11:41:15

New to this topic - what does FLY stand for please?

Aufish Tue 17-Jul-07 11:59:51

Back again, have made a start on the house, though I'm not quite sure why as I have about 4 males coming later for an x box gaming session with my other half, no doubt they will make a mess again!

My done list:

hoovered, swept and dusted
washed up and dried up
cleaned upstairs bathroom
cleaned the hob
general tidy up
cut fresh flowers and put in vase

Now am waiting for my washing machine repair man to turn up, I expect he will turn up at his usual 10 to 1. He's abit predictable now! They think the pump has gone, which luckily for me if it has will cost me nothing as they only put a new one in the thing in April. Can't wait for it to be fixed though as there is pile of washing to be done! I will be back later as I will be trying to ignore the noise in the corner of the room, only good thing that I see from his mates coming around is that he's cooking his yummy home made burgers!

yaddayah Tue 17-Jul-07 13:05:29

Hi shoobie I am racking my brain and I can't actually remember ! Scroll down to the 1st post and click on mission that takes you to the fly website ..

All should become clear !

FoeGlassSlipper Tue 17-Jul-07 13:31:15

you lot are funny

shoobie - Flylady is the name of a mad woman who tells us all how to do our housework properly. The flylady wevsite is a good place to start.

Dd1 sleeping. DD2 clinging so will try and do 5 mins tidy up and then clean downstairs loo later. (sticking with bathroom theme)

yaddayah Tue 17-Jul-07 14:32:13

Waves to glass whats with the "foe" ?

Off in a mo to pick up ds. its his school disco and am helping out (am resisting temptation to bring a hip flask with me) 60 overexcited 5 and 6 year olds

Will stagger back later (not drunk just exhausted !)

FoeGlassSlipper Tue 17-Jul-07 15:05:04

Mad eye Moody had a Foe-glass in Harry Potter to see the people of the dark arts. Just joining in...But I love the FGS initials so will come up with something else soon

shouldbemorecareful Tue 17-Jul-07 15:19:21

I'm b-o-r-e-d of tidying the spare room now

Jas Tue 17-Jul-07 15:34:55

shoobie FLY stands for Finally Love Yourself (I think)[bleurgh]

Out all day so just going for a quick entire house rescue while tea is cooking.

Jas Tue 17-Jul-07 15:34:56

shoobie FLY stands for Finally Love Yourself (I think)[bleurgh]

Out all day so just going for a quick entire house rescue while tea is cooking.

Jas Tue 17-Jul-07 15:35:30

Oh, Ludaloo - Parcel is in the post

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now