Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you go to bed on a messy kitchen?

(20 Posts)
emkana Tue 10-Jul-07 20:44:33

The kitchen could do with a sweep and with wiping of surfaces etc., but it's not in a terrible state. I feel obliged to do this now, but why? Does it really matter if I leave it till tomorrow? I'm all alone as well, not that dh would really care.

Strangely this feeling disappears at the weekend, I quite happily let things go then, but in the week I feel that everything has to be neat and tidy, preferably before I sit down, but tonight that went because of dh being away.

popsycal Tue 10-Jul-07 20:45:21

I can and occasionally do

MamaGryffindor Tue 10-Jul-07 20:45:25

I feel very satisfied when i go to bed having filled the dishwasher etc

moondog Tue 10-Jul-07 20:45:25

No
<keels over at thought>

Pruners Tue 10-Jul-07 20:46:04

Message withdrawn

JackieNo Tue 10-Jul-07 20:46:11

I'm sometimes happy to leave it at night, but always regret it the morning after.

expatinscotland Tue 10-Jul-07 20:46:16

If I'm drunk, yes.

Kewcumber Tue 10-Jul-07 20:46:18

If I go to bed on a messy kitchen I feel that my day has not been wasted

KbearBrockovich Tue 10-Jul-07 20:47:28

Noooo, surfaces must be clean and clear for the morning and dishwasher clean too. (And I'm a lazy moo as a rule).

KbearBrockovich Tue 10-Jul-07 20:47:48

yes, expat, all standards slip when drunk!

wheresthehamster Tue 10-Jul-07 20:48:06

Yes, because I know DP will clear it all away when he gets up in the morning

Hattie05 Tue 10-Jul-07 20:48:39

emkana i don't know whether you work or not, but i have the exact thing about weekends/weekdays. I believe we are all programmed to relax at weekends Both when i am in work and still when i've been on maternity leave i feel i can relax more on a weekend, even though dp often works weekends so realistically speaking it shouldn't make a difference in our house!

In answer to your question no i can't go to bed with a messy kitchen but sometimes i wish i could! My life would be a lot less stressful if i had that sort of ability

uberalice Tue 10-Jul-07 20:48:55

My problem is that I can't prepare a meal in a messy kitchen, and I get really grumpy if I have to clear up before getting the meal ready. I try to clear up after dinner, but sometimes MN gets in the way and it doesn't happen.

luckylady74 Tue 10-Jul-07 20:49:01

my first thought was good god noooo! but then saw expat's post and realised that i do all the time when i'm drunk - now where's that wine?

Kewcumber Tue 10-Jul-07 20:49:12

I leave it for the kitchen fairies who come in at night.

WendyWeber Tue 10-Jul-07 20:49:20

I do regularly [slattern]

Othersideofthechannel Tue 10-Jul-07 20:49:21

I cook and DH clears up.
But when he's away I tend to leave clearing up until the morning as I always have plenty of time thanks to DDs early rising. I pile stuff on the surfaces and just make sure the table is clean ready for breakfast.

FlossALump Tue 10-Jul-07 20:50:02

I tend to find all the washing up gets in the way when I roll over so its not generally the best plan IMO.

bookthief Tue 10-Jul-07 20:51:45

Nah, it wouldn't Hattie, believe me. My kitchen is often messy at night, and the next morning, and that afternoon and then it's night again. God it's depressing. I feel so much better in the morning if everything's tidy. If not, it just feels overwhelming.

If I never went to bed on a messy kitchen then my life would be a lot less stressful .

PestoMonster Tue 10-Jul-07 20:53:44

I can't leave the kitchen messy, but I can overlook a crumby floor and leave that until the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now