Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried Koh eco-friendly cleaner?

(118 Posts)
AveAtqueVale Wed 13-Feb-19 10:21:03

I keep seeing ads for this and am very tempted. I like the fact it’s refillable so reducing plastic waste, and the ‘one product for everything’ idea. But... does it actually work? Would be grateful if anyone has any views (or alternative suggestions?)

Inforthelonghaul Wed 13-Feb-19 10:25:59

I’ve seen this and agree it looks good. I’ve read though that you have to use dry cloths so you must need an awful lot of micro fibre cloths on the go.

LunaMay Wed 13-Feb-19 10:32:12

I haven't tried it but my sister loves it and got my mum onto it. She uses it for everything.

The only negative thing my mum has brought up is that it must not lather up much and she is one of those people for who bubbles=clean so it took a while for her to get used to the idea that the floor was actually cleaned properly even though she didn't have suds etc

MrsPatterson2014 Wed 13-Feb-19 23:03:23

Me! Delivered today, so far impressed. Spent this evening cleaning gloss kitchen units, fingerprints on woodwork. Really impressed so far. Love that you can use it on anything.

ec0home Sat 09-Mar-19 14:28:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

CarlGrimesMissingEye Sat 09-Mar-19 15:21:02

I just ordered some on Friday so hoping for good things!

killpop Sat 09-Mar-19 15:25:30

Ordered some yesterday. (Did you know you can get £5 off by using a referral link?(the referrer also get £5 of credit) Feel free to PM me if you'd like a code.)
A friend of mine who has issues with strength and mobility posted a picture of a quick wipe on her oven door which totally swayed it for me!! I'm looking forward to trying it out when it arrives.

Is it true what a PP said about using dry cloths only?

PenCreed Sat 09-Mar-19 16:47:30

I've just got some, and tried it out on my oven door (which was, er, a bit manky). The diamond sponges are great and it's come up really well so far. Interior of the oven is next on the list. It is a bit weird not having a smell or lather, but compared to Oven Pride that's a bonus! I can inhale while cleaning the oven without feeling like I'm simultaneously cleaning my sinuses out.

Giraffetower Sun 10-Mar-19 20:27:11

It's really good for scuzzy/greasy jobs. Oven door and shower grime. It worked really well on the shower trap.

Shit for cleaning glass/mirrors as it leaves it really smeary.

NEVER use it on natural stone or carpet or fabric ( despite it saying it is suitable for all surfaces...it isn't)

It isn't all that eco-friendly (micro -fibres are killing marine life)

GnarlyOldGoatDude Sat 16-Mar-19 15:30:05

@killpop can I PM you for a referral code please? Am going to take the plunge and order some. Has been appearing on my fb feed for weeks now!

killpop Sat 16-Mar-19 16:04:46

Hiya. Have PMed you back. Thanks smile

killpop Sat 16-Mar-19 16:07:39

To update... I received mine after a few days and am amazed by how well it works. I have to pace myself so have only done it on my oven doors so far (as well as kitchen surfaces) but the difference is amazing. Am hoping to tackle the grout in my bathroom tomorrow.

GnarlyOldGoatDude Sat 16-Mar-19 17:06:20

Thanks @killpop! Glad to hear you’re pleased with it smile

CarlGrimesMissingEye Sat 16-Mar-19 18:25:07

Used mine on my oven and plastics today. Delighted on both counts.

BikeRunSki Sat 16-Mar-19 18:31:12

Don’t they ship from Australia though?

killpop Sat 16-Mar-19 19:00:56

Don't think so, it arrived in 2-3 days.

GnarlyOldGoatDude Sat 16-Mar-19 19:28:08

From their FB site, the UK stuff is made in UK, and the Ozzie stuff in Oz. It’s next day delivery with parcelforce judging by most of the reviews.
I’m sadly excited by a cleaning fluid. That’s really not good grin

Sunonthepatio Sat 16-Mar-19 23:39:26

What is in it? Some cleaners are a bit iffy, from a safety viewpoint.

Georgeofthejungle Sat 16-Mar-19 23:42:55

Following as I was thinking of starting a similar thread!

FredaFox Sun 17-Mar-19 01:05:14

Interested in comments.I read some reviews but they were very mixed. The main ingredient is water?
I am tempted though

SunnyTikka Sun 17-Mar-19 01:22:32

Killpop, i’m Going for it as we are moving house and I have to clean this one massively! Could I have a referral code please ?

GnarlyOldGoatDude Sun 17-Mar-19 11:23:05

I’ve ordered some and will update with my verdict too!

killpop Sun 17-Mar-19 12:23:10

Hi SunnyTikka, have PMed you

killpop Sun 17-Mar-19 12:28:34

Can't see a list of contents/ingredients on the box. I'd assume it'll be on the Koh website (sorry am on my phone so not easy to link)

OhHolyJesus Sun 17-Mar-19 13:34:27

Yes and I recommend it x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »