Talk

Advanced search

How to get the smell of sick out of a car seat!

(8 Posts)
firststeps Mon 02-Jul-07 12:50:42

My lo was sick in his car seat yesterday, I have washed it down with warm water, fairy liquid and a little bit of dettol, then rinsed it with warm water mixed with a little bit of vinegar - but it still stinks!!! Can anyone give me any tips?

LaylaandSethsmum Mon 02-Jul-07 12:52:49

Can you take the cover off and put it in the machine? If not then try dampening it and covering it with bicarbonate of soda, leave i for a few hours then vacuum off, normally works a treat!

foxybrown Mon 02-Jul-07 12:53:31

Plenty of bicarb of soda to absorb the dampness and the smell. Hoover it off when thoroughly dry. Usually works on everything and anything!

NannyL Mon 02-Jul-07 18:45:27

agree put the cover and straps etc etc in the washing machine... and hose down the plastic car seat bit

Califrau Mon 02-Jul-07 18:46:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charlieandlola Mon 02-Jul-07 18:48:16

A bowlful of vinegar left in the car overnight will get rid of residual smell from car. As for car seat, take off removable cover, dunk in bath/sink full of bicarb of soda, rinse, then wash in biological powder.

UniSarah Thu 05-Jul-07 21:47:52

I took boys car seat apart and machine wahsed cover and straps.Which got rid of teh vomit stink very well. Only when putting it back together did I find teh label that said DO NOT Diassemble straps. Too late, it all went back together fine, but I am very methodical about these things.

clutteredup Thu 05-Jul-07 21:50:53

Machine wash and time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: