Talk

Advanced search

How to get the smell of sick out of a car seat!

(8 Posts)
firststeps Mon 02-Jul-07 12:50:42

My lo was sick in his car seat yesterday, I have washed it down with warm water, fairy liquid and a little bit of dettol, then rinsed it with warm water mixed with a little bit of vinegar - but it still stinks!!! Can anyone give me any tips?

LaylaandSethsmum Mon 02-Jul-07 12:52:49

Can you take the cover off and put it in the machine? If not then try dampening it and covering it with bicarbonate of soda, leave i for a few hours then vacuum off, normally works a treat!

foxybrown Mon 02-Jul-07 12:53:31

Plenty of bicarb of soda to absorb the dampness and the smell. Hoover it off when thoroughly dry. Usually works on everything and anything!

NannyL Mon 02-Jul-07 18:45:27

agree put the cover and straps etc etc in the washing machine... and hose down the plastic car seat bit

Califrau Mon 02-Jul-07 18:46:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charlieandlola Mon 02-Jul-07 18:48:16

A bowlful of vinegar left in the car overnight will get rid of residual smell from car. As for car seat, take off removable cover, dunk in bath/sink full of bicarb of soda, rinse, then wash in biological powder.

UniSarah Thu 05-Jul-07 21:47:52

I took boys car seat apart and machine wahsed cover and straps.Which got rid of teh vomit stink very well. Only when putting it back together did I find teh label that said DO NOT Diassemble straps. Too late, it all went back together fine, but I am very methodical about these things.

clutteredup Thu 05-Jul-07 21:50:53

Machine wash and time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now