Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

do your children have piles of toys, do not not get them much or do you throw them away when they are not looking?

(6 Posts)
BBBee Mon 02-Jul-07 10:49:30

just tidying up ds room AGAIN

full of crap that all needs sorting - knex, geomag, origami paper, old comics etc.

he is really messy but hates getting rid of stuff.

How do you stop it getting out of control?

Madwelshwoman Mon 02-Jul-07 11:12:15

Um I have a toy cull every couple of months. Basically I take a selection of toys that I know haven't been played with and throw them in a box if they're not asked for within a couple of weeks I sneak them to the car and then the local children's charity shop. With 3 little ones it's the only way to do it as if I asked them then they'd never part with anything

Hathor Mon 02-Jul-07 11:15:19

Gather them all up and leave out only 3 choice toys/types of toy. They seem to play with them better if not overloaded with crap everywhere.
<<looks anxiously round desk, groaning with stuff and wonders why she is not working!>>

chopster Mon 02-Jul-07 11:17:30

I sort out at least twice a year. TBH my older two don't mind me chucking out the stuff they don't use anymore. The dts do, but I do that while they aren't around.

We tend to have stuff spread out too, expensive toys and bpard games are kept in the cupboard under the stairs (out of the dts reach). Art and crafts in a big box in the storeroom. They have two garden storage chests full of their outdoor toys in the garden and the kitchen and workshop in the playhouse. So in their bedroom, stuff is mostly kept in four big storage boxes under the bed.

If I kept everything in their room, it would be a pigsty.

chopster Mon 02-Jul-07 11:18:24

we have a rule only one box at a time. So it's lego, or dressing up, or crafts, or whatever. Started that when dd was 2.

quickdrawmcgraw Mon 02-Jul-07 11:24:55

I also sort them, hide them for a couple of months and if no one misses them I bin them or give them to the Cancer shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now