Talk

Advanced search

*****Blinds/Curtains etc - Do you have then Open/Shut or Tilted/Up or Down? During Daytime******************

(12 Posts)
MellowMa Fri 29-Jun-07 11:43:51

Message withdrawn

mummylin2495 Fri 29-Jun-07 11:52:46

i have vertical blinds in my conservatory and when it is really bright sunshine[ some hope at the moment ] i have them half open so that they are slanted.It is true about the fading of furniture.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 29-Jun-07 11:55:39

is this any old curtains or in specific places? I don't open the upstairs cos I can't be bothered, I only close the downstairs ones in winter anyway, and thats only the lounge ones, dining room ones stay open and conservatory doesn't have anything.
But then I am a lazy mare and have just realised I am on a good housekeeping thread so will make a swift exit!

Speccy Fri 29-Jun-07 11:56:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Speccy Fri 29-Jun-07 11:57:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nickytwotimes Fri 29-Jun-07 11:57:59

i've got venetian blinds and i tilt them sometimes because our house sits on the pavement and nosy kids peer in! i sometimes tilt the ones at the back of the house for the sun. we have a couple of sketches on the wall that i don't want to get faded and it's either that or put cloths over them!

MellowMa Fri 29-Jun-07 11:59:18

Message withdrawn

MellowMa Fri 29-Jun-07 12:01:10

Message withdrawn

nickytwotimes Fri 29-Jun-07 12:06:51

mm, fortunately we live on a very quiet street! does drive you nuts...

MellowMa Fri 29-Jun-07 12:15:23

Message withdrawn

yaddayah Fri 29-Jun-07 15:51:42

Wooden slated horizontal blinds in kitchen : tilted open during the day

All other curtains (no nets!) open during daylight hours .. i hate shut curtians, my neighbours when they go away shut all the curtains .. it looks so obvious they're away

yaddayah Fri 29-Jun-07 15:52:33

mind you dc's have a thing about shutting the curtians so 'im writing this in virtual darkness..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: