Talk

Advanced search

What are Mumsnetters buying this week? Find out with our weekly Swears By email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Swears By

Please enter a valid email address

Sorry for the boring question - should I get a spray or steam mop?

(11 Posts)
pizzacrisps Tue 08-Jan-19 09:15:50

I'm rubbish at housekeeping and need to buck my ideas up. I'm cancelling my cleaner so will have to wash floors myself!

What's best do you think?

Mama2Cat Tue 08-Jan-19 14:27:21

I have a spray mop already, which is good for day to day cleaning - however I had a lend of a steamer and I am currently looking into which brand to purchase!

They make such a difference, and can be used for doing windows, grouting, tiling, cooker, so much more if you get one with attachments.

pizzacrisps Tue 08-Jan-19 15:25:21

Which spray mop do you have? Would you recommend it?

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 08-Jan-19 15:28:18

I had a really cheap steam mop that I bought from Asda and I loved it but DH broke it. I have been looking into replacing it but can’t see the one I had so thinking of purchasing one of the fancier ones mentioned up thread with the various attachments.

Mablethorpe Tue 08-Jan-19 15:31:06

I have this spray mop and I can honestly say it's the best I've ever had. I use it on my Amtico floors with a Zoflora solution on the bottle (what else?)😁

Mama2Cat Tue 08-Jan-19 16:07:29

I have the "vileda 12 spray mop" - which I would highly recommend - I fill the compartment with water and Zoflora, does deal with stains and tough marks.

I am just looking for an all round steamer which I would use occasionally.

pizzacrisps Tue 08-Jan-19 16:19:12

I just bought the 1-2 spray mop on amazon, reviews were fab!

kikapop Tue 08-Jan-19 16:53:54

I have both.

2 spray mops, one for cleaning bathroom floor upstairs and one for spot cleaning downstairs (after the DC have eaten/dogs put muddy paws in living etc.

The steam mop with attachments is used to clean the floors downstairs each day (it cleans floors so so so so so much better than a mop) and i also steam windows, sofas, prams etc.

pizzacrisps Tue 08-Jan-19 16:56:27

confused I don't have storage space for three mops!

Mama2Cat Tue 08-Jan-19 18:12:08

Kikapop - which make of steam mop do you have?

TheMincePiesAreMine Thu 10-Jan-19 19:50:01

I find my steam mop a faff to empty out etc. If you're looking for something to use mainly little and often, I'd go spray mop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: