Talk

Advanced search

the declutter which Anthea should have done for me has started chez Yorkiegirl

(16 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Wed 27-Jun-07 19:25:52

Message withdrawn

BreeVanDerCamp Wed 27-Jun-07 19:28:52

At least if you do it yourself you do not have to endure SaintAnthea, although I must say her programme is compelling. Having seen one of the women last week, I should think your household were not untidy/dirty enough for her.

Yorkiegirl Wed 27-Jun-07 19:29:54

Message withdrawn

willywonka Wed 27-Jun-07 19:31:51

I'm ashamed to say that watching St's Anthea, Kim & Aggy usually gives me a sufficient kick up the bum to actually do some tidying. Not as much as I ought to but better than nothing. Oh the power of television...

LIZS Wed 27-Jun-07 19:34:59

Is she not coming after all then ? Sorry must have missed the outcome . May be painful short term but will be great longer term.

ShrinkingViolet Wed 27-Jun-07 19:46:32

I have sorted out most of the visible stuff, it's the cupboards and the garage and (god help me) the loft - I have never ever been up there - I just send DH up with stuff, and now he says it's full.....

WaynettaSlob Wed 27-Jun-07 19:49:02

Yorkie - can we have before and after pictures please? I would be honoured to do a virtual "white glove test"

(PS - How are you doing?)

Gingerbear Wed 27-Jun-07 19:51:47

I just end up moving rubbish from one room to another am crap at getting rid of anything (hence there was no need for any more baby stuff for me when I had DS - 5 yrs after DD!)
I will take all the bin liners to charity shop this week.

time4me Wed 27-Jun-07 20:03:53

My DH is absolutley terrible at hoarding.
I so hate it.I had a look at a picture of our kitchen,just done about 7 years ago.
You should see it now,every surface has a gizmo on it,enormous food processor,bread maker,two smoothie makers,pop corn maker,ice-cream makers,two or three coffee machines.A huge pile of cookery magazines.I despair.Any hints what to say? He collects stuff and he gets so attached even though he doesn`t use it.Loads and loads of shirts spilling into my wardrobe.I could go on.
I try reasoning with him but he gets very upset.He has however said that it`s only my influence that stops things getting much worse.

Yorkiegirl Thu 28-Jun-07 07:55:03

Message withdrawn

GlassSlipper Thu 28-Jun-07 07:56:23

I love before and after pictures....Go on. We can then 'assess' your results

MrMaloryTowers Thu 28-Jun-07 07:56:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chevre Thu 28-Jun-07 08:02:29

freecycle - you will be amazed what people will take away for you and be delighted with.

Yorkiegirl Thu 28-Jun-07 08:18:16

Message withdrawn

Eddas Thu 28-Jun-07 08:28:49

i NEED to get rid of stuff to. I don't have THAT much, well i don't think so but there's stuff i've not used/won't ever use. Clothes I don't fit into. DC's clothes which are too small. Although I've been keeping dd's incase my bump was a girl, but now ds has arrived I can offload them

I cannot stand throwing useful things away, so will try to sell them. If not freecycle it is!

Thnig is I know i'll just buy more once it's gone, will TRY not too

I blame my parents for their years of hoarding I keep repeating to myself, don't end up like Dad did when he moved house. He had 18 years worth of stuff to clear on his own. We found nappies(reuseables!) and the like which I kept to use for my dd. And useless things like toys with bits missing, puzzles without all the pieces. Why on earth did they not go in the bin It has taught me to THROW things away when they are broken/damaged!! I think Mum expected to find the missing bits at some point

Good luck Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl Thu 28-Jun-07 17:01:29

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now