Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to "glamourise" master bedroom?

(22 Posts)
Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 17:21:00

Have decided it needs a lift (not repainting though) but can't think of what to do.
Walls are soft taupe colour, floor is dark stained floorboards, windows have cream wooden venetians and choc coloured moleskin curtains.
Bed has padded linen type headboard (white sheets), dressing table is dark wood and bookcase painted same colour as walls (clothes stored in another room).
Glass bedside lights and simple glass droplet chandelier from L Ashley. All quite tasteful but poss bit subtle/masculine...
Any ideas anyone? There were some glam bedrooms on another thread here recently TIA

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 19:56:14

Anyone?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 20:13:28

Can't do candles sadly as DS1 wrecks them all!
Really need some pics but never know what to put on bedroom walls, any thoughts anyone?
Also need a nice bedcover for summer yes (we have a nice silk bedcover for winter) but yet to find anything I like - am quite fussy!

squatchette Sat 23-Jun-07 20:21:41

How about getting some nice feminine material (Laura Ashley maybe)? Then stretching it over some box canvas to make your own art for the walls .Don't know if you're crafty or not but you could do some easy cushion covers to match.It sounds like a nice room that just needs a few accessories to lift it.

NikkiBFG Sat 23-Jun-07 20:24:41

Why not buy flock wallpaper - do not laugh it is very trendy now and just wallpaper the main focus wall....gives it a whole new look and will make it very feminine and suit the whole L.Ashley look....

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 20:29:26

Like quite modern art or quite classic things (not prints though)- we have some antique architects drawings in another room which I love. The fabric idea on canvas sounds like it could work too, and I like the idea of the antique bedspread, hard to source that kind of thing if time is limted (have a newborn so not too mcuh spare time)...
New sheets/duvet not really worth it thou as I cover it with a bedspread even at the mo as we have two messy cats who sleep on the bed
Was wondering about a silk orchid too, has anyone bought them from Bloom?

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 20:32:36

NIce quilt mildmannered but think bit too pale/fresh looking for the colour scheme, was hoping for more of a moody/sexy/glam look (a girl can dream!)
FLock wallpaper would look good, but the walls and corners are not at all straight (old house) which might make it look bit rubbish...
Will look at the art site thanks.

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 20:34:41

Yes we have nice glass ball bedside lamps with smartsilk lampshades, no cushions on bed now - both DH and I are rubbish at making the bed so they just end up on the floor.
It is nice as it is, but a bit too neutral/unadventurous IYSWIM...

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 20:41:35

Yes prob some colour but sth which doesn't show up ginger cat hair and in keeping with the moody/glam/sexy ltheme, if that makes sense, so prob fairly dark/rich and not too Laura Ashley-ish...
I like Kelly Hoppen style just not so anally retentive, am def not a neat freak, esp not with messy DH, 2 DSs and 2 ginger cats!!

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 20:55:56

I agree it is really hard which is prob why I havent found anything (have looked lots on line and in shops but no joy).
Velvet and faux fur not ideal with 2 cats, would get scratched to bits I think, but thanks for looking and for the ideas...
Any other ideas anyone for glam rooms?

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 20:59:57

Yes that is nice and the hot pink Conran one too, will have to check them out in my local branch

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 22:35:24

Yes lovely, will def go and have look in L Ashley and J Lewis!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now