loader

Talk

Advanced search

< < < Weekend FLY > > >

(46 Posts)
Jas Sat 23-Jun-07 07:16:29

EHM Sat 23-Jun-07 07:21:29

Morning Jas Hope all is well at your end, another Early start

Didnt mange to get on line yesterday Ellie was clingy & had a temperature. She's been awake since 6ish appears a little brighter this morning.

Have a good day dall, hopefully I've read yesterdays thread at some point.x

EHM Sat 23-Jun-07 07:27:56

Hope everybody & their lo's are are well.x

bedhed Sat 23-Jun-07 07:55:11

Morning Jas, EHM hope Ellie is better today. Not much planned this weekend, but do want to chill a bit.

- sort receipts
- wash kitchen and bathroom floors
- 2 more loads of washing
- iron workclothes
- sort out box of stuff in bedroom
- weed path at front of house
- bit of gardening
- pull out baby stuff for friend
- hoover both rooms upstairs

ludaloo Sat 23-Jun-07 08:08:49

Morning Jas

EHM Oh poor you and poor little Ellie I hope she is feeling better soon

Our tv has broken. It is sooooo weird not having a tv!!! The kids are REALLY noisy! Usually they sit and watch Cbeebies as I do breakfast, but they have been entertaining themselves instead. (Which is a good thing but they are so damned noisy!) I like a little peace to allow my brain to get up and running, but DS has already been a fire engine, then when I told him to be a quiet fire engine he decided to be a frog, leaping and ribbitting all over the place DD1 has her headphones on and is singing along very BADLY!!!! DD2 is now quiet as she is eating.
Nothing like a Brain Overload to wake you up in the morning!

Well not doing anything special today....It is still raining next door are hoping to have a BBQ today, I hope it clears up for them.

..... do you know....I have only just realised....DH had tidied up the living room before he came to bed last night!!!!!!!! Awwwwwww THANKYOU!!!!!!

Right better go...DH is being woken up to DS's drum kit

ludaloo Sat 23-Jun-07 08:11:36

Morning Bedhed (I took so long to write my last post we x posts)

glitterfairy Sat 23-Jun-07 08:54:24

EHM hope ellie gets better soon. MOrning jas ludaloo and bedhead. Am doing a little tidying this mroning but going out for a run and then collecting my eldest from a sleepover.

gibberish Sat 23-Jun-07 09:00:35

Morning jas, ehm bedhead and luda

Hope your little one will be feeling much better today ehm*.

*luda
- has your dh been secretly peeking at flylady?? lol. Need to get my dh trained.

Well it is an absolutely MISERABLE day today which is fine as I have loads to do. The girls are meant to be going out to a fete, but something tells me it will be cancelled so hopefully dh will take them out somewhere else.

Hoping to do some of the following:

Tidy downstairs
Hoover downstairs
Dust downstairs
Water plants
File paperwork
Do central arts stuff
Washing
Change my bed
Ironing
Put clothes away
Clean downstairs bathroom
Clean fridge
Clean cat’s dishes
Empty bins
Tidy upstairs
Hoover upstairs
Dust upstairs
Empty bins
Clean upstairs bathroom
Clean mirrors
Clean windows
Tidy garden
Do talk
Grocery shopping
Buy laminate flooring

Phew! Not going to get it all done but will make a start. Have a lovely weekend all!

gibberish Sat 23-Jun-07 09:01:42

Oh and 'morning glitterfairy too!

SimplySparkling Sat 23-Jun-07 09:05:39

Hello to all.

Thanks for the thread, Jas.

EHM
I hope that Ellie feels better soon.

I am going to come back later with a list. Will crack on for now.

Aufish Sat 23-Jun-07 10:15:36

Good morning all my head hurts! I need a strong cup of coffee to get me going this morning. The wedding was lovely and the bride looked lovely and the groom was a very lucky man! The weather held off until after they had the photos done and then the heavens opened and there was even thunder and lightening!

My to do list today:

washing
hoovering
fix new toilet seat
mop the floor

Will be back a little later, hope everybody is well and had a good day yesterday

bewilderbeast Sat 23-Jun-07 10:23:06

morning all

Washing up done
Parcels packaged for posting done
Veg scraps into compost bin done
washing in done

To do

Take parcels to post office
take glass to recycling thing
go to carpet shop and pay for lino
go to bank and pay in cheque
go and find a cheap dishwasher before I kill DP
Clean kitchen surfaces, hob, oven and floor
make quiche for tea
dust and vac at least one room in this pigsty
sort out the junk monster on the kitchen table
change bed
more washing
tidy garden if the rain holds off, pray ds's ceiling doens't come down any further if it doens't hold off

gibberish Sat 23-Jun-07 11:12:08

Oh well, all the girls are going to the fete so got the house to myself in about 15 mins Off to do upstairs now.

Tidy downstairs done
Hoover downstairs done
Dust downstairs done
Water plants done
File paperwork done
Do treasurer stuff
Washing 2nd load on
Change my bed
Ironing done
Put clothes away
Clean downstairs bathroom done
Clean fridge done
Clean cat’s dishes done
Empty bins done
Tidy upstairs
Hoover upstairs
Dust upstairs
Empty bins
Clean upstairs bathroom
Clean mirrors
Clean windows
Tidy garden done
Grocery shopping done – delegated to dh
Buy laminate flooring

Lazylou Sat 23-Jun-07 11:42:19

Morning (just about!) all!

Had a lovely lie in this morning, work has been way too stressful this week. I have been good though because I have done a tiny bit of FLYing all week before work.

So today, not got much to do, other than general tidying round, although I have to hoover all over and wash the floor in the living room/kitchen.

After my mass clear out last week, I don't think these things are going to take too long. Then I've got my final assignment of the year to write.

Tomorrow on the other hand is ironing day and I have neglected this for about 5 weeks so you can imagine the fun I'm going to have tomorrow!

Have a good day all and I'll pop back later to see how things are going.

glitterfairy Sat 23-Jun-07 11:56:04

I was reading about fly lady yesterday in a magazine. Did oyu know it has over 400,000 members worldwide?

gibberish Sat 23-Jun-07 13:56:15

Wow GF, that's amazing!

at your lie in lazylou

Tidy downstairs done
Hoover downstairs done
Dust downstairs done
Water plants done
File paperwork done
Do treasurer stuff – doing it now
Washing almost done Third and final load on
Change my bed – waiting for bedding to tumble dry
Ironing done
Put clothes away – will do when last washing dried
Clean downstairs bathroom done
Clean fridge done
Wash kitchen floor done
Clean cat’s dishes done
Empty bins done
Tidy upstairs done
Hoover upstairs done
Move furniture in our bedroom and hoover done
Dust upstairs done
Empty bins done
Clean upstairs bathroom done
Clean mirrors done
Clean windows done
Tidy garden done
Grocery shopping done – delegated to dh
Buy laminate flooring – do this tomorrow

Also cleared out little one's room - got rid of 3 crammed full bin bags of old toys and just rubbish and two bin bags of grown out of clothes. Very pleased! Having a sit down and a cup of tea now.

gibberish Sat 23-Jun-07 13:58:53

Oh and hoovered mattress and flipped it over - it's NOT easy flipping over a king size mattress. Almost killed myself!

EHM Sat 23-Jun-07 14:48:53

Thanks bedhead enjoy your weekend{smile]
Thanks luda no TV nightmare! wow dh tiding the livingroom
Thanks GF enjoy your run.
Thanksgibberish Impressive list. Glad weather improved for the fate.
Aufish hope your hangover clears soon
Thank You simplyS hope you have a good day
Hi lazylou
bewilder hope you find dw.

Anyway Ellie is napping for last 15 mins so I just put on dw. DH is making up new furniture for spareroom. It arrived yesterday at 8pm, bit of a nightmare thats another story!

Thanks for all your well wishes you really are the nicest bunch[tears welling in eyes smiley]

I am off to try & catch 40 winks. Hopefully I'll be back laters.x.x.x Have a good afternoon all.x.x.x

bewilderbeast Sat 23-Jun-07 16:17:58

updated list, I'm doing well today by my standards

Washing up done
Parcels packaged for posting done
Veg scraps into compost bin done
washing in done
Take parcels to post office done
take glass to recycling thing one
go to carpet shop and pay for lino done
go to bank and pay in cheque done
go and find a cheap dishwasher before I kill DP done (but it won't arrive for at least 3 weeks
Clean kitchen surfaces, hob, oven and floor
make quiche for tea
dust and vac at least one room in this pigsty
sort out the junk monster on the kitchen table
change bed
more washing
water tomatoes done

We went out for the most fantastic lunch hence the lull in the cleaning proceedings, ten minutes on mumsnet and then I'm going to crack on wiht the rest of my list

gibber you need to get a no-turn mattress sounds like you nearly did yourself a serious injury
Aufish how's the head?
EHM have a lovely nap

makemineadouble Sat 23-Jun-07 16:58:19

sorry to just jump in but have problem!! have newish carpet on stairs cream very corse texture...anyway noticed someone had dribbled coffee or something up it in patches sooo... I cleaned it with carpet shampoo and clean cloth all fine looked like new !!!!!but now a week later its worse than ever think maybe it was'nt dry and where we've walked on it it has absorbed dust from our socks feet etc its really awfull

help please... first what shall i clean it with any dry foam things on sale

second how do i stop it going dirty again

Jas Sat 23-Jun-07 17:00:10

Afternoon all.

Sorry I didn't get back earlier. You've all been very busy for a weekend. I'm extremely impressed by gibberish

I've changed the beds, done some gardening, and taken the children to the farm for the afternoon.
I've come back to find dp has left tools all ove the house (he is working at a neighbours and got rained off) but he says he will tidy up this evening. I'm going out withfriends, so at least I won't be stuck looking at the mess all evening.

Jas Sat 23-Jun-07 17:02:44

makemineadouble - this thread tends to be fairly quiet at the weekend. You might get more help if you start a new thread.... fwiw, I would clean it again, and use a bath towel to cover it until you are sure it is dry, so you can't walk in more dirt. Change the towel when it gets damp.

Good luck.

gibberish Sat 23-Jun-07 18:49:49

Glad you were impressed Jas lol. Pretty impressed with myself today! Finished everything and now girls are away to a party. So having a breather before I go shower and join them. Could really do with just throwing myself on the couch and watching tv for the rest of the evening, but better go and be sociable.

Have a good evening everyone. Will be back on tomorrow though I shouldn't have too much to do.

tortoise Sat 23-Jun-07 19:56:29

Hi all.
Some really impressive lists here today!
My Done list would be huge if i had done one! Been really busy today and got loads tidyed up.
Also got all the ironing done.

Skribble Sat 23-Jun-07 21:59:14

Hello flybabes, I will be returning to the fold on Monday, it has been a while as I have been working everyday with the 2 jobs I have. I have quit 1 job so I will have a chance to get my house back in order.

I will have to break myself in gently as the place is a tip and I have no notion, but no excuse not to now I will have more time.

Be gentle with me .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now