Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How often do you pull out the beds and hoover?

(38 Posts)
charliecat Fri 22-Jun-07 22:12:47

I am painting and so pulling out the beds...I have hoovered under there once in 2 years
Utterly VILE under there.
How often do you do it?

Also cobwebs...they only get shifted when I repaint LOL

skirmish Fri 22-Jun-07 22:13:26

only when we move house

ChasingSquirrels Fri 22-Jun-07 22:14:31

when we move, or decorate

myjobismum Fri 22-Jun-07 22:15:26

whenever i can be bothered, which isn't that often - generally i take the nozzle off and swish the ose under there a bit on a regular basis - probably doesnt do much but makes me feel better.

i move DS cotbed (because so easy and light) about once a month, but a lot lazier with ours!!! lol

themoon66 Fri 22-Jun-07 22:15:43

Every week!

skirmish Fri 22-Jun-07 22:16:57

really moon? you pull out a double (or bigger bed) every week?

hats off to you

UCM Fri 22-Jun-07 22:17:21

This is a very good question, my bed is very very high, so can hoover underneath without moving. However, DS recently moved up from his little Junior bed (used to sling it over me shoulder as I am big & strong) but now has a bed with another bed underneath, it's too bloody heavy to move and this has been worrying me somewhat?

UCM Fri 22-Jun-07 22:19:32

Sadly for the cobwebs I bought a feather duster (Ken Dodd anyone), sellotaped it on to a bamboo stick to make it longer as we have high ceilings and do it every ...... sorry, did I not say it loud enough. I DO IT EVERY .......

Posey Fri 22-Jun-07 22:20:02

I last did ours when we rearranged the bedroom so yonks ago because it has drawers under it and is very heavy and too low to the ground to get the vacuum under.

But otoh, dd has a cabin bed so her's is vacuumed routinely, and ds has a slideaway guest bed so do it whenever the bed is used (every month or so)

FrayedKnot Fri 22-Jun-07 22:24:23

When we were ttc I refused to hoover out the dust bunnies from under our bed (wooden floor, wooden bedstead) because I read somehwere the chinese believe the souls of your unborn children live under the bed, and I was petrified of hoovering them up

It was filthy by the time DS was born

MadamePlatypus Fri 22-Jun-07 22:28:38

Not possible. Bed only comes in and out of room flat packed. There would always be a space in the middle that never got hoovered. Anyway, we have drawers under bed.

Posey Fri 22-Jun-07 22:29:52

I have just remembered something really hideous.
Friend of mine was living with her bf in rented flat. 2 bedrooms, one nice but with futon, the other tiny but with decent mattress. So they swapped the decent mattress onto the futon frame, futon mattress on crap bed for visitors.

Fast forward 3 years. Moving out. I am helping them pack up. Decide to swap mattresses back to right beds. Under futon there are 3, yes 3, dead mice, in varying stages of decay

themoon66 Fri 22-Jun-07 22:58:09

Yes i really do hoover under my bed every week.... but its a laminate floor and a bed with absolutely nothing underneath, so I only need to pull it an inch each way and either push the hoover nozzle around or swipe with the dust grabber mop thingy.

Anna8888 Mon 25-Jun-07 12:33:31

Once a fortnight, probably.

Parquet floors, so easy to pull bed out, and they show the dust like crazy so you have to hoover the whole flat and not just go around the furniture.

dinosaur Mon 25-Jun-07 12:36:48

The DSs beds - about once a month. Our own bed - hmmm, rarely!

ComeOVeneer Mon 25-Jun-07 12:40:51

Whenever I hoover the bedrooms. I have boxe on castors uner mine so easy to move, and nothing under dd's bed or ds's cot. Dh has a skin condition, plus we have two cats so a I have to work hard to make sure the house is clean and dust free.

katelyle Mon 25-Jun-07 12:41:07

Do beds move? I never knew that!

Anna8888 Mon 25-Jun-07 12:42:44

I should probably add - we live barefoot, so I like the floor to be very clean

brimfull Mon 25-Jun-07 12:43:04

I do ds's regularly as he's asthmatic but never ours and dd does her own room now so ..never.

Ha ha ha what a funny thread There is nowhere to pull our bed to! It takes up the whole sodding room... I have to limbo round it to get in!

compo Mon 25-Jun-07 12:54:14

Never under our bed - it's stuffed full with comic boxes (don't ask)
Can't remember last time under the kid's cot and single bed. Probably once a year if that

Aloveheart Mon 25-Jun-07 12:55:20

What's that???

mylittlestar Mon 25-Jun-07 12:56:48

People actually hoover under the bed?...
Not in my house!

yaddayah Mon 25-Jun-07 13:28:30

About once every 3 months

nomdeplume Mon 25-Jun-07 13:30:36

Pull out the beds ?

[blank]

I hoover under DD's, DS1's, DS2's and the spare bed everytime I hoover the rooms they are in, they're easy to hoover under as they are on bedsteads. I have hoovered under my bed (divan) once since moving into the house in April '06.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now