Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need to update our bedroom, but what colours should I go with?

(4 Posts)
petunia Fri 22-Jun-07 10:52:56

We have a dusky pink carpet and both the curtains and lampshade have similar colours in them- the curtains have stripes of burgundy and gold and the lampshade has dusky pink with burgundy and gold. I ve painted 2 squares, one with a saffron colour (which I think is too orangey but seems to go well with our pine furniture) and a dusk gold colour which is the one I think I should go with because it goes well with the curtains. But then I m also wondering whether a dusky pink/burgundy would be nicer, or would it just be too dark.
So if you can picture the colours and the bedroom, what colour would you go with!?

BandofMothers Fri 22-Jun-07 10:55:04

Can you do two colours with a border??

sidge Fri 22-Jun-07 11:07:59

I wouldn't do more dusky pink/burgundy as you've got enough as accents.

How about a milky coffee colour? I think it looks fab with pink/burgundy. We've got Toasted Almond by Crown in our room and it's gorgeous (the same colour as Baileys!)

petunia Fri 22-Jun-07 11:14:45

Forgot to mention, there's also a pink/burgundy and gold wallpaper boarder that's in the archway from the bedroom in to the ensuite shower area, so sidge, you're probably right; that's quite a lot of accent colours already.
Funny you should say about having a "milky coffee colour", I painted our lounge in "cafe au lait" by Focus, and that goes with the burgundy carpet. I wonder if that's still available? Might go to B&Q and look out for a tester pot of your "Toasted Almond" tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now