Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Your bedroom - if you had a blank canvas what would it look like?

(31 Posts)
ja9 Mon 18-Jun-07 21:08:03

Master bedroom

Smallish

Needs redecorating

Going to buy completely new furniture

including bedframe

stylish ideas purlease...

Rhubarb Mon 18-Jun-07 21:09:01

One wall black the other 3 white - work with me on this. Black and white bedspread and black and white lightshade. Very classy.

mustrunmore Mon 18-Jun-07 21:11:55

We have all off white walls, and indian larders for our clothes I love my bedroom. Have been looking for the perfect picture to hang in there for 2 years now; still looking...

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters Mon 18-Jun-07 21:12:34

lots of white and v pale pink (lighter than baby pink), 4 poster bed...as little furniture as poss

colditz Mon 18-Jun-07 21:14:08

a seraglio

PinkMartini Mon 18-Jun-07 21:16:09

What does an indian larder look like? LInk please?

PinkTulips Mon 18-Jun-07 21:18:26

yummy dark wood, oriental designs, possibly lots of reds in the soft furnishings, dark wooden slatted blinds

schneebly Mon 18-Jun-07 21:20:00

Lots of white

pistachio and pink tones

some florals

very feminine - slightly shabby chic

princessmel Mon 18-Jun-07 21:20:25

I have plans to do mine. One day. Its the only room in the house thats not been touched in the 4 years we've lived here. Typical.

Wall behind bed (its the window wall too) Dark red large patterned wallpaper. Modern.

Other 3 walls stone/beige/nothingy contrasting colour

Large wooden sleigh bed. (Got that already)
Similar wood wardrobes and bedside tables (got those too)
neutral carpet(got it)

princessmel Mon 18-Jun-07 21:21:34

Forgot window dressing.
Some sort of blind.
there that was worth adding wasn't it!?

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Jun-07 21:21:40

It would be bed and nothing else at all. No crap, no clothes, nothing. Just the most enormous soft bed with white cotton duvets and crisp clean sheets. We have a bed like a hotel du vin one we stayed in once, a bit like this one but it's a pita tbh, the edges are just wasted space and become dumping grounds.

And I'd have dark thick blackout curtains.

mustrunmore Mon 18-Jun-07 21:22:44

It looks like a big cupboard with lotsof small spice drawers at the bottom (undies, nighties, running stuff...) and a big shelved cupboard at the top, with metal bars instead of being solid. So I can lie in bed and decide what to wear the next day! And the air can circulate! i'll try and find a link.

Rhubarb Mon 18-Jun-07 21:23:37

Oh yeah and some black and white curtains and some Guinness prints, maybe a Guinness rug too?

CuttingCod Mon 18-Jun-07 21:24:18

a balank cnaves is kind of square and white
have oyu never seen onE?

saadia Mon 18-Jun-07 21:24:53

I would have creams and rich browns with dark furniture and maybe some splashes of deep red. I like bedrooms to be cosy but not too dark.

Rhubarb Mon 18-Jun-07 21:25:30

You can get Guinness incense too I think.

akaJamiesMum Mon 18-Jun-07 21:25:52

Tidy

bananabump Mon 18-Jun-07 21:33:53

oooh if money was no object I'd want a really juicy tropical room with at least one wall in some luscious hot pink and turquoise design/expensive wallpaper, with a huge beautiful curly wrought iron bed and dark indian inspired carved furniture, lots of candles and incense, white muslin printed with gold stars at the window for privacy during the day, with thick velvet curtains to block the light out at night.

I'd also need somewhere to recline, preferably covered in cushions in exotic prints and soft chenille throws. And throw in some fairly tame kama sutra prints to dot around the walls for inspiration! Oh and the walls would be soundproof, and there would be a great big lock on the door!!! <daydreams>

Of course my actual room is "Landlord's Magnolia" with beige carpet and seventies wardrobes. The only decoration is some farm animal stickarounds around the moses basket/cot wall! <comes back down to earth with a bump>

bananabump Mon 18-Jun-07 21:34:23

Incidentally, I don't do minimalism.

ja9 Mon 18-Jun-07 22:33:50

wow! very different ideas.

i love the whole patterned wall thing princessmel.

not just so sure about bananabump's room

cod - no. i've never even heard of a 'balank cnaves' never mind seen one.

think i'm needing some links to ideas... anyone?

inspire me please!!

bananabump Mon 18-Jun-07 23:47:46

lol, my room DOES sound completely OTT!

nearlythere Tue 19-Jun-07 10:40:58

i've just done ours! white walls and carpet, antique french white furniture, four poster in the same antique white with duck egg blue voile drapes, duck egg blue blackout blinds, white curtains fully lined with blackout thermal lining, duck egg blue scatter cushions, bed throw, rug, candles vases etc, pure white egyptian cotton bedlinen (worth paying the extra!) black and white artistic print of flowers covers an lcd tv.

possibly the most relaxing room i've ever slept in, deffo get blackout blind etc- makes such a difference!

MorocconOil Tue 19-Jun-07 10:44:39

Elle Decoration Magazine is featuring bedrooms this month.

MaloryTowers Tue 19-Jun-07 10:46:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KTeePee Tue 19-Jun-07 10:47:59

I love mine as it is BUT all the stuff that is waiting to be taken to the charity shop/tip/pass on to someone else accumulates there too.

I have cream walls, grey-blue painted built-in wardrobes, bed with grey linen headboard, antique chest of drawers. Have plain white bed linen in winter, cream bedspread with top sheet in summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now