Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what flooring?

(11 Posts)
knat Mon 18-Jun-07 10:35:59

We've got a 3 month old puppy, a 3 yr old dd and a very soggy carpet! We use the conservatory and kitchen most of the day and the kitchen is tiled but the conservatory has carpet. Need a better floor for cleaning puddles and mucky paws etc can anyone suggest what would be appropriate? I've heard that wooden floors/laminate might not be the best for the puppy as will slip a lot? Any ideas welcome. Thanks

UCM Mon 18-Jun-07 18:23:01

Get a good laminate with grooves in.

Whoooosh Mon 18-Jun-07 18:25:41

Karndean-fantastic stuff.

NoodleStroodle Mon 18-Jun-07 18:26:52

Dalsouple rubber flooring

knat Wed 20-Jun-07 11:37:25

thanks v much i'll look into the rubber adn karndean (never heard of this!)

Thanks again

pobletsmum Wed 20-Jun-07 11:39:37

Karndean or Amtico - very similar to each other. Basically tough vinyl tiles, but there's tons of choice - wood effect or tile effect. Very hard wearing & waterproof, used in a lot of shops these days.

knat Wed 20-Jun-07 11:46:15

great! Is the tile very cushioned? We have office equipment in conservatory as well and dh says office chair will put hole in cushioned lino when its wheeled around?

pobletsmum Wed 20-Jun-07 11:58:08

No, not cushioned at all. It's not like lino, I guess if I had to compare it to something, it's most like plastic on the top ie tough and hard, but WAY nicer. Very bad comparison, but it's more like plastic than lino!

pobletsmum Wed 20-Jun-07 12:00:19

Just to add a bit more to the picture, I think if you dropped a knife on it (the sort of thing I would do by accident!), it would most likely bounce, or maybe stick straight in and stay upright. Does that make sense?

The cheapest ranges of Karndean don't have a very nice grain effect, but by spending a little more, you can get a really natural look.

Kewcumber Wed 20-Jun-07 12:02:13

proper lino (on a roll) is great stuff and easy to keep clean - lots of hospitals use it. Google marmoleum. Its not cushioned.

Kewcumber Wed 20-Jun-07 12:02:43

my cats slide on the laminate floors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now