Talk

Advanced search

Bleach has corroded plughole

(4 Posts)
CurryLover1 Sun 12-Aug-18 01:45:41

Hi, I'm sure I appear irrational, but I could do with some advice. Last night I was cleaning my bathroom. I poured neat bleach down the plug hole of my sink. I intended to only leave it 5 mins before flushing with water, but went downstairs, got busy doing other things and forgot all about it. Several hours later, I discovered that the plug hole was corroded due to the bleach. I rinsed it with water, straight away. I'm worried now in case the bleach has done any damage to the pipe in the sink. I'm in a rented property. Does anyone know anything about this, who could advise? Thank you.

wowfudge Sun 12-Aug-18 14:28:04

The pipework is likely to be plastic and it's unlikely to have been damaged. We only ever use bleach in the loo, and then only sparingly - it really isn't necessary to put it down plugholes.

bluerunningshoes Sun 12-Aug-18 14:33:43

bleach is an disinfectant - not a cleaning product.

it has a place in the household to disinfect certain things in case of illness or soiled items, but for normal cleaning soapy water is best.

I don't think bleach damages pipes, so I wouldn't worry.

CurryLover1 Sun 12-Aug-18 21:27:59

Thank you both for your replies. I won't be putting bleach down plugholes again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: