Talk

Advanced search

Organising a fridge!

(8 Posts)
NoNamesLeft86 Wed 13-Jun-18 11:57:39

I have more than enough fridge space but it still ends up a mess and things end up wasted because it's got forgotten/hidden etc.

So I'm thinking I need a proper organisation system- but not sure where to start!

poddige Wed 13-Jun-18 13:52:56

I can't help you OP, but I'm here for support and stealing the advice you get!

LeeshaPaper Wed 13-Jun-18 13:54:29

I like : fruit on top shelf
Dairy and eggs middle shelf
Meat bottom shelf
Veg in drawers
Milk on fridge door
Condiments/jars on fridge doors

Now if only DH would follow my plan.....

picklemepopcorn Wed 13-Jun-18 14:09:41

I've moved my salad drawer up to the second shelf, also removed one. So the bottom is for raw meat. The next shelf has salad drawer and tall things. The top shelf is cheese, butter etc. Condiments in the door.

picklemepopcorn Wed 13-Jun-18 14:10:28

We removed a shelf as well, it's much easier to stack stuff then to find it behind everything else in a shallow shelf,

Pantah630 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:48:59

We have a larder fridge but still run out of room

Top - cheese
Next - yoghurt/cream/dips etc and cooked meat
Next - hanging bottle thing over half of shelf with condiments that don't fit on door shelves - chutneys/jams/mayo etc
Next - mushrooms and chilli/garlic box plus veg they won't fit in salad drawer that needs refridgerating or cooked leftovers and separate container with water bottles/bottled lager
Next - raw meat and separate container with chocolate in
Next - raw meat
Bottom - salad drawer - salad and veg
Door shelves - butter/condiments/liquid stocks/juice/milk/cordials that need to go in fridge

Lightlover2018 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:07:55

Look up #fridgegoals on Instagram. 21k posts of organised fridges!

ReadySteadyGoooo Fri 15-Jun-18 06:28:26

Omg lightlover2018 I just spent half an hour looking at Instagram pictures of fridges! Lessons learned: put every thing in the same size containers, sort your fruit and veggies by color, actually buy fruit and veggies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: