Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me how you get your oven clean

(20 Posts)
Honey1975 Fri 08-Jun-18 13:32:18

How do you get your oven clean, get all the bits of food out of the cracks and get the shelves and glass properly clean?
I've often used a company to do mine but can't afford this now so I bought an oven cleaning spray, left for 30 minutes but it's not cleaned it very well.
Can anyone recommend an effective product? Also, how often do people clean their ovens? I don't think we keep on top of ours enough which makes it even harder to get it properly clean.

Beaverhausen Sat 09-Jun-18 12:04:13

Mr muscle the spray and oven mate for the shelves.

keepingbees Sat 09-Jun-18 12:12:47

Oven pride. About £2.99 a box, you put the shelves in a plastic bag thing with the cleaning solution and leave it all overnight. Works well!

Astrid2 Sat 09-Jun-18 12:15:02

I pay a company £50 every few months! Keep on top of it by wiping it down every evening while cleaning the kitchen.

evilgiraffe Sat 09-Jun-18 12:22:52

Oven pride is great (but a messy faff, as all oven cleaning is). I've got a someone coming out in a couple of weeks for my first ever professional oven clean - m stupidly excited grin

snotato Sat 09-Jun-18 12:23:34

I second oven pride.
I put all the racks, glass and hob bits in the bag with 3 quarters of the bottle of ovenpride. I then get a cloth and smear the rest of the oven pride around the inside of the oven and the glass doors.
Turn the bag a few times so the oven pride gets all around the items. Then leave overnight.
In the morning I just wash the inside of the oven and the bits from the bag in warm soapy water.
The glass inserts come up good as new.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Sat 09-Jun-18 12:25:06

The miraculous Oven Mate from Lakeland. And then one of their oven liners in the bottom to keep it clean longer.

PETRONELLAS Sat 09-Jun-18 12:27:04

I second the Oven Mate bag set.
But nothing ever cleans my oven door and it’s filthy.

MarthasGinYard Sat 09-Jun-18 12:28:05

I buy Groupons for around 30 pounds every 6 months blush

Worth every penny

MarthasGinYard Sat 09-Jun-18 12:28:41

They take it all apart the glass and everything

insancerre Sat 09-Jun-18 12:30:38

Oven pride

FlamingGoat Sat 09-Jun-18 12:31:44

I used to use dishwasher tablets but then I discovered Asda kitchen degreaser for 59p! It's bloody brilliant. Fab on the doors too.

sparklepops123 Sat 09-Jun-18 14:26:52

Mr muscle, but I do it every week so it doesn't build up

Giggage Sat 09-Jun-18 18:13:29

Oven mate for shelves and grill pan - about once every couple of months as they don't tend to get dirty

Mr muscle on oven walls, bottom and doors once a month.

Another way to clean the shelves is to put them in the bath with about 2-3 dishwashing tablets. The bits should just wipe off. but the oven mate is the best stuff I've ever used as it's gets into all the joints.

Nanasueathome Sat 09-Jun-18 18:15:33

Shropshire Oven Gleam....the man is excellent and makes my cooked look like new

nannybeach Sat 09-Jun-18 18:20:16

cream cleaner and a metal scourer, once a week, shelves, glass removed and scoured in the sink. I used to stick them in the bath, but I have an expensive composite bath now, am terrified of ruining it.burnt bits round door wiped out.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sun 10-Jun-18 00:07:37

I don't.

"A clean oven spoils the food."

So said my grandmother.

I'm all about respecting my elders when it suits me grin

Mrschainsawuk Sun 10-Jun-18 00:23:51

Bicarbonate and lemon works really fast and put foil on the bottom of oven and change weekly less cleaning then

LittleWingSoul Mon 11-Jun-18 11:22:35

Mr muscle on everything and a wire wool scourer to do the shelves.

It is also worth taking the glass apart to properly clean the door, but a faff!

MessySurfaces Wed 13-Jun-18 10:30:23

bewitched I agree with your gran!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: