Talk

Advanced search

Stick vacuum cleaners - Dyson or Shark, please help me!

(5 Posts)
Frazzlerock Thu 07-Jun-18 13:52:20

With Dyson, will I simply be paying all that money for a brand name? Or is it worth it?
The Shark is so much cheaper, but is that because it isn't as good?

I'd love some advice if you have used either of them

Kc1009 Sun 10-Jun-18 18:30:54

I've just gone through the same issue. I ended up buying a Dyson as its what I no and I was scared of trying a different make. I bought the Dyson v7 animal. Must admit. I love it and hate it. Will list why
Love.
* Easy to run around the house and clean up high and low and not fight with the stupid hoses on the standups.
* It hides away and doesn't take up much space
* Kids can use it to clean
*No cables
* Light and easy to move around the floor on any surface.

Hate
*Lasts 20 minutes if that (u can buy the bigger one that lasts longer)
* Never really feel that it is as good as my Dyson highball cinectic
* Plasticy and cheap feels
* It takes 3-5 hours to charge. So if your half way through hoovering a room and it stops be prepared to go and have a cup or tea or 13 (hence why I have two other Hoover's still)

Got any questions please ask.

Frazzlerock Wed 13-Jun-18 16:00:22

Thank you @Kc1009 I ended up going for the Dyson V10 Absolute. I managed to get advice elsewhere as I'm impatient! blush

I really love it, I can't put the thing down. DP says there'll be no house left soon though I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon!

Middleoftheroad Wed 13-Jun-18 16:01:49

Dyson Fluffy every time (v6)

Never ran out of charge and I have a 5 bed on three levels - though my standards are low.

Kc1009 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:00:05

Good choice. Wish I had gone for that one but couldn’t warrent it as I also have a Henry hoover and a year old dyson big ball. X enjoy your new Hoover xxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: