Talk

Advanced search

Mildew on garden cushions.

(8 Posts)
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 24-May-18 15:01:52

Have tried scrubbing. Made some, but not much difference. Or, are they beyond hope (as I suspect) ? TIA.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 24-May-18 20:23:45

They are beyond hope aren't they? sad Was hoping for someone to suggest a miracle cure!

humphreysabout Sun 27-May-18 08:52:50

I've had good results from leaving fabric with mildew in the sun. Worth a try. I've also used mould and mildew remover but very diluted. You do risk bleaching the fabric if you don't dilute it enough.

TheEmmaDilemma Sun 27-May-18 08:56:39

Are the covers removable?

gingergiraffe Wed 30-May-18 23:08:57

Try spraying with white vinegar. Wilco sells it in spray form. Yes, leaving fabric in the sun will help. Maybe Vanish, spray, soak, wash at as high a temperature as fabric will stand and dry in sunlight.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 31-May-18 16:29:52

I have left them out in the sun, and it turns out I can take the covers off! Will give them a spray and a hot wash. Thanks everyone!

Trumpton Sat 02-Jun-18 21:15:39

HG Mould remover is amazing . Test it first as it can bleach some fabrics . I have just used it on our bouncy castle as it must have been put away damp last summer ...ewww !

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 03-Jun-18 15:11:20

Good idea Trumpton, thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: