Talk

Advanced search

Tell me all the cleaning products you use for each room eg kictchen, bathroom etc

(14 Posts)
mintmagnummm Wed 23-May-18 20:15:51

Title says it all really grinjust being nosey and wondering what everyone uses to clean

reallyanotherone Wed 23-May-18 20:18:14

All purpose spray for sinks, surfaces.

Bleach for loos and drains.

Polish.

Flash liquid or the like for mopping floors.

That’s about it. What else would you need? All the bathroom/kitchen/ whatever products are the same ingredients (detergent and water) with slightly different scents..

ToadOfSadness Thu 24-May-18 01:04:17

Flash spray for kitchen tops if stained or really icky, otherwise vinegar.
Soda crystal spray for cooker.
Hot water and vinegar for microwave, soda spray on tough bits.
Damp sponge on floors (wood) sometimes a drop of vinegar.
Bleach in sinks, toilets, plug holes.

Lemon oil on wood furniture, vinegar pretty much everywhere else, paint, windows etc. Dettox on door handles.

Nothing stinky or containing irritants or allergens. Love the smell of bleach although it makes me cough.

grannynap Thu 24-May-18 01:19:48

Dettol antibacterial spray for worktops/cupboards & dining table.

Astonish bathroom cleaner

Astonish paste for cooker

Dettol lavender & orange oil in the spray mop.

Bleach in the toilet.

Pledge citrus dry dusting cloths all dusting (obviously 😂)

Zoflora grapefruit or fresh linen for a hot sink steam if needed.

mintmagnummm Thu 24-May-18 06:34:55

Thanks so far everyone I really love knowing about peoples cleaning products lol. Those of you who use bleach down plug holes how much do you put down there and how often??

Vitalogy Thu 24-May-18 06:47:52

Ecover all purpose lemon cleaner for bathroom and kitchen floor, Ecover washing up liquid for kitchen surface, wiped down when washing up. Ecover or Ecozone toilet cleaner. I'm going to try some of Tesco eco stuff, the prices are much cheaper. I use bleach when plug holes start draining slowly, I hate it though, wish I could find a better for the environment alternative. I've tried bicarb/white vinegar, boiling water and soda crystals but not having much luck.

helenrhardwick Thu 24-May-18 06:51:22

Love the Method Kitchen for the kitchen, Flash for floors, Zoflora and the Method wood polish smells lovely and almond-y. Lots of bleach galore!!

MrsDilber Thu 24-May-18 07:11:46

I love cif cream in the bathroom. That stuff leaves it shiny and super clean.

I also love Zofllora.

strawberry1122 Thu 24-May-18 07:46:41

Kitchen surfaces - rhubarb method spray or pommegranite dettol spray

Bathroom surfaces - astonish bleach cream cleaner

Oven - Astonish oven cleaner paste

Loo - bleach or green toilet duck

Shower screen - Viakal and white vinegar

Glass - white vinegar

Floors - flash floor cleaner and cheap pine disinfectant

strawberry1122 Thu 24-May-18 07:48:07

Those of you who use bleach down plug holes how much do you put down there and how often??

Just squirt it round the neck of the sink like you would when bleaching the loo and then rub it round. I only do it once a week when deep cleaning the kitchen.

Flisspaps Thu 24-May-18 08:40:53

Hot soapy water on worktops/sinks/cooker/bath etc

Bleach down loo once a week

Heavily diluted zoflora on hard floors once a week

Glass spray on windows if I'm feeling particularly stressed

I Brillo'd the bathroom and kitchen radiators last weekend. First time they'd been cleaned in 12 years though.

BuggerOffAndGoodDayToYou Thu 24-May-18 20:41:10

Kitchen - method multi surface, method hob cleaner, method hand wash, method washing up liquid. Lime lite spray once a month for any scale on taps and sink/draining board.

Bathrooms - method bathroom cleaner, method glass cleaner on mirrors and outside of shower screens. Lime lite spray as needed for any lime scale on taps or shower screen. Harpic 100% Limescale in toilets.

Method wooden floor cleaner on wooden floors.

Water with some of the method bathroom spray in it for mopping bathroom floors.

All other rooms are dusted with a damp duster and hoovered. I have a carpet cleaner for the cream living room carpet which I do a couple of times a year.

Hot water with vinegar for windows and glass topped tables. Damp cloth non glass tables. Beeswax on the few bits of real wood furniture.

My “secret” is Rain X which is for car windscreens. I finish off bathroom mirrors with that and they don’t mist up!

BrazzleDazzleDay Thu 24-May-18 20:46:38

I use flash for everything except oven and windows. Oven pride and fairy liquid for them.

mintmagnummm Fri 25-May-18 06:35:40

Loving all the responses so far :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: