Talk

Advanced search

Please help me remove bike oil from my duvet cover

(8 Posts)
DaughterDrowningInJunk Sat 19-May-18 20:00:01

Total overreaction here. I've got black bike oil all over my white cotton duvet cover. I've sprayed it with de-solv-it and the can ran out. I've scrubbed neat washing up liquid into it with a nail brush. Please is there anything else I can try? There is only a small spar where i live.

I am about to wash it with a fuckton of washing powder but should I wash it hot or cool? I'm frightened to set the stains.

I'm gutted. I hate my house and everything in it. This was the one thing I had chosen myself and I've wrecked it sad

Knittedfairies Sat 19-May-18 20:11:47

Does the Spar sell Ace bleach for clothes? (Not the stuff that goes in the toilet..). Failing that, I would wash it on the highest temperature the fabric can stand which will be on the label. Dry it on the line, not in a tumble dryer. You may have to treat the stain again, but it would be better to be gentle with it than to scrub the bejasus out of the duvet. Good luck!

DaughterDrowningInJunk Sat 19-May-18 20:41:23

OMG I've got ace bleach! Thank you flowers I thought I had used the last of it but I found some. I've put it on to wash at 90 with loads of powder and loads of ace bleach. Fingers crossed...

amillionpawpatrolslater Sat 19-May-18 20:52:47

I had this. Car oil came in on the dogs paws after a walk and he dragged it through the house and all over our beige duvet.
Eventually it did come out though. Took a few months of washing it weekly though so there is hope!
I couldn’t use Ace as it was beige not white and I didn’t want it bleaching.

wowfudge Sun 20-May-18 00:33:35

Ace is safe to use on colours. How did you get on OP?

DaughterDrowningInJunk Sun 20-May-18 10:00:24

Don't know yet. It is in a neighbour's washing machine as mine is broken and I don't want to go round bothering him until I know he is up and about.

DaughterDrowningInJunk Sun 20-May-18 11:11:13

It's clean!!! grin grin

Thank you flowers I know it seems like a total overreaction but it is the only thing in my house that I have been able to choose. I bought it in secret and smuggled it in. Everything else is broken mismatched shite that has been foisted on me.

Knittedfairies Sun 20-May-18 18:38:08

Brilliant news; I’m pleased it worked out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: