Advanced search

Dehumidifying clothes horse

(7 Posts)
Jennydocherty Sat 24-Feb-18 13:13:16

I’m looking to design a new type of clothes horse that is aesthetically pleasing with with an integrated dehumidifier to prevent damp in the home. I’m interested to hear if this is something people would find useful. Any feedback would be great!

Thank you.

brownelephant Sat 24-Feb-18 13:16:17

if it's not too bulky I would find it a great idea.
energy costs, ease of use space needed etc would be a consideration though.
if you can pick up a tumble dryer for not much more I know what appliance I would go for...

BuckwheatBertha Sat 24-Feb-18 18:05:58

Omg I love it. I eventually invested in a Lakeland heated airer years ago after reading MNers' reviews and now I couldn't be without it, but the space of that and a dehumidifier together is a lot. Great idea!

Almostthere15 Sat 24-Feb-18 19:47:04

I think its a good idea, but the dehumidifier is usually pretty bulky isn't it? We run a small one in our utility room where the clothes horse is and it was only 20 pound so it would need to be measurably better as a solution to be worth it?

Even our small one hugely speeds up drying times though.

FrogFairy Sun 25-Feb-18 00:18:12

Sounds interesting.

For me it would need to do a good job, be cheap to run and easy to fold away/store.

bananasandwicheseveryday Sun 25-Feb-18 00:32:42

Not sure. I hate having damp washing hanging around, so have a tumble dryer. I can see the potential for houses with a separate room available to put it, but for those who don't, like us, I doubt it.

thecatstrousers Sun 25-Feb-18 09:28:51

I'm not sure, I bought a really good dehumidifier and an ordinary clothes airer and that seemed to do the trick. I would probably geek up on the dehumidifier and buy based on effectiveness rather than the fact that it had an airer attached to it.

What you actually need to design IMO is an airer that is designed to fit over the top of a dehumidifier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now