Talk

Advanced search

New kitchen so can I have new everything in the kitchen?

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 13-Feb-18 22:47:03

What’s gorgeous out there at the moment, decent but not mega mega bucks?

Cupboard doors are white gloss, island is anthracite. Worktop is white with specks and a dash of sparkle.

I have two le crueset items (that are volcanite in colour) that are definitely staying but everything else is either old, shabby, mis matched or just plain naff.
Would anyone like to help me compose a shopping list?

FrogFairy Wed 14-Feb-18 11:00:42

For starters I would suggest browsing Lakeland, Ikea, Amazon and John Lewis websites for inspiration. The Joseph Joseph stuff is very nice, so is Oxo Good Grips.

mckenzie Wed 14-Feb-18 14:13:45

Thanks FF. how sad am I that I’m getting excited about having new Tupperware?

FrogFairy Wed 14-Feb-18 14:26:21

Totally understand, I love a good kitchen gadget. Must be bliss to have all brand new at once.

mckenzie Wed 14-Feb-18 14:49:15

I’m itching to go and buy all the new bits but I really want to do my homework and make sure I purchase wisely.
DD has requested a breadbin with chopping board attached (underneath maybe, of the lid doubling up)
We have never had a bread bin so I’m guessing it is something she has seen at a friend’s house smile

aurorie11 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:50:37

Joseph Joseph is lovely can't believe how much I spent on a bin and washing up bowl!

Fintress Wed 14-Feb-18 14:54:29

I'll second Oxo Good Grips and Joseph Joseph we have a lot of both but a scabby old kitchen! Very jealous, I would love a new one!

mckenzie Wed 14-Feb-18 15:10:01

Aurorie, I’m coveting their chopping boards but I’m waiting to see if they can go in a cupboard or drawer or will need to live out before I purchase.

Tea mugs are my current dilemma; there are so many to choose from.

Do I go for plain and classic? Funky and different? All the same colour? Completely random?

aurorie11 Wed 14-Feb-18 15:44:35

Mckenzie, yes I have the chopping boards too. Went for the four coloured one in a box smile
I went for plain same colour mugs to match kitchen units! Plus replaced all crockery... I'm not admitting to the cost

mckenzie Wed 14-Feb-18 18:42:33

I’ve got some vouchers for 2 department stores which I’m hoping will cover most of it and I’m going to deliberately not keep a log grin

SadieHH Wed 14-Feb-18 18:46:38

I’ve just bought a sistema noodle bowl and I’m dancing with excitement. I’d drop dead with anticipation if I could start my kitchen from scratch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now