Talk

Advanced search

The big half term clear out.

(12 Posts)
itshappenedagain Tue 13-Feb-18 14:14:56

I work term time and I'm sick of spending my weekends clearing up.
So in a bid to get my house sorted we're having s big clear out. So far I've got 5 bin bags for the tip, 19 pairs of children's shoes for recycling and I still have two rooms to go. I'm now debating repainting the downstairs doors tonight as they look really tatty.
Would anyone like to join me? I really want it all done by tonight.

PurpleDaisies Tue 13-Feb-18 14:16:17

I’m in! More of a resetting the house to clean than decluttering. I need to try and get the jobs done that dont happen in term time!

LondonHereICome Tue 13-Feb-18 14:20:43

Op that sounds so satisfying

I want to join in ( found a bin liner of clothes yesterday which have gone today)

I'm cleaning room by room but not getting far today

itshappenedagain Tue 13-Feb-18 14:22:43

My aim was to reduce the clutter I'm now on the last full. Ive done one room at a time and my dc have done the majority of their rooms now so I'm going to rearrange their furniture and wipe down the walls skirting boards etc.

My mum arrives on Thursday so that's also spurring me on as she's a neat freak! And even one thing out of place and she'll be cleaning.

purpleviolet1 Tue 13-Feb-18 15:18:46

Silly question but what do you wipe the walls with?

itshappenedagain Tue 13-Feb-18 15:31:18

Sugar soap, or as I've run out this afternoon flash multisurface in water with s squirt of bleach.

purpleviolet1 Tue 13-Feb-18 15:45:15

Does the paint not come off??

StylishMummy Tue 13-Feb-18 16:51:24

I'm having a massive clear out and declutter, I just wish it was easier to get stuff to the charity shops!

purpleviolet1 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:33:42

Yes! They should collect grin

itshappenedagain Wed 14-Feb-18 09:18:36

Day three of the big clear out. I only really did half a day yesterday as we went out late afternoon. I'm just finishing the floor in the lounge and then it's just wiping the surfaces in the kitchen and putting the laundry away.
I need to do another top run too.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Wed 14-Feb-18 09:22:04

I'm in but mine don't break up until Friday so will be starting next week. My list is:
Under stairs/kitchen cupboard of doom
Dc bedroom cupboards x3
It doesn't look/sound like much but the house is 20's & the bedroom cupboards are huge!

BrutusMcDogface Wed 14-Feb-18 11:08:15

How do people get this stuff done with their kids around?! Mine are rubbish at tidying unless I sit on them. I find it so hard to get motivated when they're around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now